Page 3 of 286 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time (Planning)

Default And Then There Were Five

Hey guys! Having spent the last two days working out the details of how the Wayfarer facilitates all of this time-traveling nonsense I no longer have to restrict the size of the party to four PCs. However, in order to keep things small at the start I'm only adding one more person to the mix and Caleb has volunteered to be that character.

I have no idea what he's planning, but he said he has some kind of crazy idea...
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Hmm, I like where you went with the domain powers, only I think you need to incorporate more spells from Legend of the Twins, or choose more time related spells. I don't care for Gentle Repose, Freedom of Movement and Permanency.

Why not: Confluence or Temporal Shield for 2nd, Frozen Moment for 4th and River Watch for 6th.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-30-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

The only reason I didn't do that was to try to preserve as much of the domain as it appeared in Holy Orders as possible.
    Head Moderator &

Keep in mind those spells did not exist when HOotS was printed. Fool.

I know that. But you do have a point. I'll tinker some more!
    Head Moderator &

Default Time Domain - Second Draft

I changed some of the domain spells based on Ed's suggestions. I actually really like have gentle repose as the 2nd level spell. It makes sense to me that any cleric with this domain would be able to keep a body from decomposing. I went with divination at Level 4 and river watch, as suggested, for Level 6. Check it out and let me know what you guys think!

Granted Powers: You area attuned to the River of Time like few others. This bond grants you precious insight in combat and enlightening glimpses into the pasts of people and things.
    Ebb and Flow (Sp) You have seen a glimpse of your foe in the River of Time. Choose a single opponent within 10 ft. of you. For 1 round that opponent receives a penalty to their attack rolls against you equal to your cleric level (to a minimum of -1). You receive an equal bonus to any opposed saving throws or skill checks or the same duration. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
    Sentinel on the River (Sp) Starting at 6th level, you can cast past-seeing (Legends of the Twins, p. 25) at will as a spell-like ability using your cleric level as your caster level. You can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to your cleric level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive.
    Domain Spells: 1st true strike, 2nd gentle repose, 3rd haste, 4th divination, 5th permanency, 6th river watch, 7th moment of prescience, 8th foresight, 9th timestop.
    Head Moderator &

I just don't see Gentle Repose. It is a necromancy and has nothing to do with time, but preservation. Just me, though.

To me it's the concept of slowing down time to keep the body from rotting. That's how I see it in this context anyway. Other then that it looks okay to you?
    Head Moderator &

Looks great. So looking at Academy Diverse, do you think bringing both Spellcraft and Knowledge Arcana requirements down to four ranks a piece?

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    Looks great. So looking at Academy Sorcerer, do you think bringing both Spellcraft and Knowledge Arcana requirements down to four ranks a piece?
    Given the class skill bonuses you get in Pathfinder I don't have an issue with reducing the rank prerequisites. We should also bring the class Hit Die up to d6 to match the Pathfinder sorcerer.

Also, the new skill list would probably look like this: Craft (Int), Knowledge (arcana), Linguistics (Int), Spellcraft (Int) and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Do you think we should add Fly? It seems standard for all casting classes and it seems weird to exclude it from the PrC.
    Head Moderator &