Page 2 of 286 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time (Planning)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBall
    I was thinking about a straight Fighter, who was a Knight in the Order of the Divine Hammer from the Kingpriest alternate timeline. Maybe his reality is broken because there was no cataclysm, and a rampaging, hubris-infused demigod running around.

I think that he could be very conflicted because he's sworn to protect this way of life, but then some mysterious stranger ells him that he has to help overthrow his own god-king to make the world 'right'? Tell me if I'm in the wrong place here...
    Let's concentrate on the characters you want to play for now. I'm still working out some of the plot as to why the characters are pulled by the Wayfarer and what their actual missions will be. I don't necessarily see a character being forced to confront their own timeline and even if they are it won't be for a few adventures. Like I said, some of the big metaphysical picture is a little fuzzy for me right now. I was doing a lot of reading and thinking on stuff last night after I went to bed the first time. I'm hoping to start sorting out my big picture plot later this afternoon (or this weekend at the latest). So as far as generating PCs think of it as having the freedom to play just about anyone or anything heroic that you want and know that you'll get to bounce around to different versions of Krynn and have cool adventures that have some sort of greater point. Yeah! That makes sense, right?

That said I like the idea of a heroic Knight of the Divine Hammer from the "Kingpriest Ascendant" timeline being one of our PCs. His Super-Lawful good worldview alone will provide some awesome dramatic role-playing fodder (especially if Ed goes with a sorcerer type). This also puts the character at a minimal of Level 6, I think. Ideally, I think I'd like everyone to shoot for between Level 6 and 8 for their characters. You don't all have to start at the same level either. I'll make that part work as long as you're within that range.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

I don's want to start off 'super' super. I'll build a concept, and see what I'd need to make it work. Look for the first draft to either be 6 or 7 (wait until I make a liar out of me...) I'll PM you the first draft, Dave. 4d6 and drop lowest alright?
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

I actually prefer that you roll 3d6 for ability scores. However, you can re-roll all 1s and 2s, but if you roll a 1 or 2 three times you're stuck with it.

I also don't think we need to do anything with the Knight of the Divine Hammer PrC to convert it to Pathfinder. You already get something at each level, just dump Gather Information as a class skill and treat Smite Infidel as PF Smite Evil with the list of enemies given in the Legends PrC.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 01-27-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    Head Moderator &

Okay, so in Bill's Hourglass Mage game, I was playing a warpriest of Reorx. Since that game's no longer active, I'd love to play that character in this game. Would that be doable, oh wise and august GM?
    Heine Kim Stick

I think we can make that work! What level was Bhatair? He was around 8th wasn't he? Assuming this is a balanced party, Salinus, it looks like you get the rogue-type character.
    Head Moderator &

He was 6th level. That said, I wouldn't mind bumping him up a level or two.
    Heine Kim Stick

Six to eight is about the range I was looking to start at. We'll figure this out as everyone starts building their characters. That said, now that everyone as a rough idea or two I'm going to throw up the Character Sheet thread this morning to provide an accessible workspace for everyone.
    Head Moderator &

I've copy/pasted Bhatair's sheet from the Hourglass character sheets thread. Let me know if I can boost him a level or two.
    Heine Kim Stick

Looking at his bio I can see why the Wayfarer plucked Bhatair from the timestream! That unwavering need to combat Chaos at any turn fits right into the mission I'm developing for the party!

I'm going to wait and see where the other party members wind up level wise before I make any decisions about bumping him up or not. I've spoken to everyone and I think everyone has their basic concepts hammered out. I think we're going to have an interesting crew! It also looks like we're representing three "official" alternate timelines (with a variant of one known DL character in the party) and providing a twist on my own tabletop game.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go translate the notes I was scribbling to myself about this game at two in the morning...
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 01-31-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Head Moderator &

Default Time Domain

Hey guys! This is my first stab at converting the Time Domain from Holy Orders to Pathfinder. Let me know what you think!

Granted Powers: You area attuned to the River of Time like few others. This bond grants you precious insight in combat and enlightening glimpses into the pasts of people and things.
    Ebb and Flow (Sp) You have seen a glimpse of your foe in the River of Time. Choose a single opponent within 10 ft. of you. For 1 round that opponent receives a penalty to their attack rolls against you equal to your cleric level (to a minimum of -1). You receive an equal bonus to any opposed saving throws or skill checks or the same duration. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
    Sentinel on the River (Sp) Starting at 6th level, you can use past-seeing (Legends of the Twins, p. 25)at will as a spell-like ability using your cleric level as your caster level. You can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to your cleric level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive.
    Domain Spells: 1st – true strike, 2nd – gentle repose, 3rd – haste, 4th – freedom of movement, 5th – permanency, 6th – contingency, 7th – moment of prescience, 8th – foresight, 9th – timestop.
    Head Moderator &