Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: DoD- Episode II - A Wretched Hive

Capt. Verana stared at Varth, but said nothing. It seemed flag officers were used to being treated a certain way.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

"What's to stop the hutt from taking the weapons, shooting us, and taking his ship back?" Kadrien said in the awkward silence. "They aren't exactly known for their mercy or forgiveness.There would have to be a very good incentive to keeping us alive."

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

"Use your best judgement," quipped Verana. "Sometimes a promise of more goods and a continued supply of profit can go a long way."

Out of my mind, BEEEEP. Please leave a message!

Comps had remained at attention throughout the breifing, but his mind had started down a sarcastic path.

So...they want us to fly into an virtually impregnable Hutt fortress openly, and with gifts. But said Hutt might just decide that killing us and taking our gifts is more preferable. Darga might be amenable to the vague promise of more gifts, but that isn't guarenteed. And assuming all that goes off without a hitch, we then have to secretly ferret information out of him without getting our heads lasered off? This should be a cakewalk...

Comps cheek twitched mildly as he fought to maintain strict attention. When Varth barked at his companions to remain until dismissed however, Comps could remain silent no more.

"Sir," he began, addressing the admiral. "Padawan Joona, and Master Lykka are volunteers and need their own time to prepare as they will. I ask that you allow them to leave if you have no other pertinent information, sir."

OOC: If that needs a persuasion check, feel free to roll one for me Rogue. Persuasion +3.
    "And that blockhead Rukin.. he might not be much of a thinker, but he can kill things well I suppose..." Argent: Cleric of Silver Master. ICRP Key of Destiny.

"Well I'll be a pickled dog-turd," Rukin grunted.

"Captain. Questions answered here are pertinent for all of the team members. The admiral gave an order, and since this is a military mission it is better they stay," Verana said politley before Varth blew his stack.

OOC: Majere, unless you burn a Force point, Comps doesn't have a high enough modifier to sway either officer.

Kadrien thought they were dangerously underestimating a hutt's thirst for revenge. "Are we set on this plan, or may I suggest an alternative? Perhaps we would be better off using Darga's hatred for these two against him. We know there's a bounty out on them, let's be the one to collect it. We get in his good graces and learn about this Sarlaac project, then break them out and make our getaway."

Kadrien looked to the two smugglers, guessing that his idea wasn't going to go over well. "It's more risky for you two, I admit, but I believe it has a better chance of success overall." Kadrien would do whatever he was ordered, but it was his duty to make sure all ideas were on the table before he risked his life and those of his charges.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Out of my mind, BEEEEP. Please leave a message!

Comps had to bite his tongue. Any team that functioned well would make sure that all members knew everything they needed to. It seemed the admiral liked everyone hanging on his every word.

Comps simply nodded and then returned to attention as Kadrien suggested another plan. Either way, Comps figured they were probably poking a rancor with a dull vibrodagger.

OOC: No force points here...
    "And that blockhead Rukin.. he might not be much of a thinker, but he can kill things well I suppose..." Argent: Cleric of Silver Master. ICRP Key of Destiny.

"Well I'll be a pickled dog-turd," Rukin grunted.

"Interesting, but too risky," answered the admiral, ignoring Comps' request with a barely controlled grimace of anger. "The Hutt is known for gladiator-style death games he uses for entertainment purposes and gambling. Statistically speaking, the odds are poor for their survival."
    Last edited by rogue; 08-30-2011 at 03:19 PM.

"Maybe not for the Jedi," ACE interjected. "The money and entertainment the Hutt could get from a pair of Jedi, a new supply of weapons, and his ship back might be enough to buy our way back in. Statistically the Jedi have a higher probability of surviving these circumstances then Lykka or I. They are never truly unarmed."
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

"Yes...Ace, but the jedi shall not be ransomed," Varth replied emphatically.