Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: DoD- Episode II - A Wretched Hive

Kadrien simply nodded when his name was mentioned by Shayle. It was obvious he would join them. "I go where they go," he said simply after Tahla and Trangle had spoken.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Out of my mind, BEEEEP. Please leave a message!

Re-enlisting after his 'less-than-honorable' discharge from the Republic had been difficult for Comps at first. But as Admiral Varth had mentioned in the Imperial detention facility, you could take the man out of the military, but not the military out of the man. As such, Comps had easily fallen back into the routine of military life with only a few road bumps. His demotion and the training he had to be re-subjected to seemed redundant and unnecessary to the clone, but he took that with a grain of salt. Comps knew it could be worse, all things considered.

And now, Captain Comps was confused. He was in the military again. Was this an order or a volunteer job? If this needed to be done, why didn't they just order him to do it? He knew they would have to ask the cobbled clanker, his twi'lek friend, and the young female jedi to volunteer since they hadn't enlisted, but everyone else was on the payroll. Then Comps thought about the fact that he had disobeyed orders before, at least to an extent. Maybe it was better that he volunteer.

He stepped forward with a salute and a nod while he tried to mask the puzzled look on his face as best he could.
    "And that blockhead Rukin.. he might not be much of a thinker, but he can kill things well I suppose..." Argent: Cleric of Silver Master. ICRP Key of Destiny.

"Well I'll be a pickled dog-turd," Rukin grunted.

Varth nodded to the volunteers in acceptance of their mission.

“Good, ward room dismissed. Team members confer here a moment for further briefing,” he said while straightening the jacket of his new garb. The admiral seemed uncomfortable wearing the new uniform after such a long career with the Republic, and a short one in the Galactic Empire.

As the rest of the crew filtered out in a gaggle, Varth beckoned the group to approach the holo-projector as it switched views to a green, misty enshrouded planet, no doubt Cato Nemoidia. The admiral gestured to the astromech, and the view of the orb began to magnify through a realistic holographic representation of a city. The metropolis oddly hung on an unsophisticated suspension bridge in between two massive rock arches, only described as steep cliffs. Ace and Lykka knew it at first glance: Zarra, home to the headquarters of Darga the Hutt.

“This is the city of Zarra, last known location of the Hutt’s cartel,” he said. “During the final battles of the Clone Wars, Zarra took heavy damage from Republic bombardment, and the city is still half ruined. The few locals choosing to remain inhabit a cluster of settlements on one end of the city.”

“Though we don’t have any contacts in terms of agents on the planet, I am sure both of you at the very least know a way to seek an audience.”

And they did. The two smugglers also knew Darga’s palace intimately well, a cleverly hidden mansion cobbled together from several former Nemoidian estates. The ruins around it were well watched and patrolled by those loyal to the Hutt, and sneaking in was truly not an option.

“A sure way to endear yourself to a Hutt is through lavish gifts, and shows of cruel intellect and inventive conniving. Infiltrate his organization, and report back when you have a sure lead on the Sarlacc Project.”

From behind, a clearing of the throat was the signifier that Capt. Verana was still in attendance.

“If I may, Admiral? Speaking of infiltrations, Captain Lightspeeder and Padawan Joona, you must be in disguise. Who knows to what ends the Hutt would use you if he found your true identities,” he said without compromise. “Lightsabers are now outlawed throughout the galaxy, and wearing jedi robes is a death sentence. I won’t order you to leave them behind, but I will order an exercise in caution.”

“After reading the reports of your escape from Sel Zonn, I’d say take more care than usual.”

Verana’s dark eyes centered on Trangle, but there was no hint of annoyance to his features, or any emotion for that matter.

Varth again nodded, looking now at the rest of the heroes expectantly.

“Questions?”
    Last edited by rogue; 08-29-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

“If I may, Admiral? Speaking of infiltrations, Captain Lightspeeder and Padawan Joona, you must be in disguise. Who knows to what ends the Hutt would use you if he found your true identities,” he said without compromise. “Lightsabers are now outlawed throughout the galaxy, and wearing jedi robes is a death sentence. I won’t order you to leave them behind, but I will order an exercise in caution.”

“After reading the reports of your escape from Sel Zonn, I’d say take more care than usual.”

"I understand captain." Said Tahla. "Trangle and I will be sure to dress appropriately." She was certainly glad that she'd rigged that concealed pocket in her boot. It seemed that her blade would once again be tucked away.

“Questions?”

"None from me, Admiral. I would like to take my leave, in order to prepare." Almost as an afterthought she added, "If that's all right?"
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Lykka listened patiently while the Admiral and Captain spoke to those of the team being assembled. He agreed with Verana’s caution regarding the jedi and their mystical laser swords. If given the chance, Darga would exploit them to no end, and only after he tortured them for the entertainment of his court. There was still an order of business left to discuss, so the twi’lek waited for the most opportune moment to bring up the matter of their payment.

“Excuse me, Captain Verana and Admiral Varth,” he began slowly, making certain that he hadn’t interrupted their conversation with Tahla. “There is the matter of payment for the use of our ship in the transport of the team for this mission,” he said, stepping forward. “What you are asking us to do is to put our necks on the line with an individual that very well may chop it off at our first meeting. I understand that all involved risk their lives as well, but as my counterpart has mentioned, our most recent dealings with Darga the Hutt didn’t leave us on the best of terms. We will be risking much just showing our faces in his presence again,” he continued, building momentum. “Now I am all for what this new alliance of yours and what it stands for, however, what you ask does carry a price.” He paused for a moment, allowing what he had said to sink in with those around him.

“May I ask what you are offering ACE and I in the way of compensation for this task?” he asked as politely as he could, all things considered. Deep down, he had no desire to return to Darga’s palace for any amount of credits. But if Darga was wrapped up in something with the imperials that he could put a stop to, he felt he was honor bound to do so. However, he might as well make some credits along the way, thus allowing them the opportunity to continue with further upgrades to their ship.

OOC
    Persuasion Check if necessary: d20 (12) + 3 = 15
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

"Four thousand.....a piece," replied the captain plaintively. "That should cover the danger to your ship."
    Last edited by rogue; 08-30-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    "Four thousand.....a piece," replied the captain plaintively. "That should cover the danger to your ship."
    Lykka ran the numbers quickly in his mind, and the calculations came up sound. Four thousand each would go a long way toward further upgrades to the Beginner's Luck, and seemed like a good deal to him.

"That is acceptable, Captain Verana. Thank you. Now if you will excuse me as well, I have a final inspection of the new shields that have been installed on our ship," he said with a bow, then headed off toward the Luck. The tech crew had installed stronger shields on the Beginner's Luck recently, and the twi'lek was excited to see the final product and inspect their handy work, hoping to pick up a few tricks and tips for the future.
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

"It seems were all in accord then I have just one question. You mentioned a possible gift to this Darga and spoke of a cache of weapons. Will those be loaded onto the Luck or will we have to reclaim them from another location?" Shayle thought they would be provided to them but if they weren't and they had to go retrieve them from somewhere, that was something they should probably know. Lykka already seemed a little apprehensive and he didn't want to have to spring any more surprises on him.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

"We'll have them loaded on the Beginners Luck by 1400 tomorrow. We are scheduled to dock with a Jaded Exports freighter for an UNREP in the morning. "
    Last edited by rogue; 08-30-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBall View Post

"None from me, Admiral. I would like to take my leave, in order to prepare." Almost as an afterthought she added, "If that's all right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorgyn Angylaxe View Post
    "Now if you will excuse me as well, I have a final inspection of the new shields that have been installed on our ship," he said with a bow, then headed off toward the Luck.
    "Hold until dismissed," barked the admiral as the two turned to leave.