Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: DoD- Episode II - A Wretched Hive

Default Star Wars: DoD - Episode II - A Wretched Hive

http://youtu.be/rYAYJEWPbV8

No posting yet...
    Last edited by rogue; 01-14-2015 at 09:10 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Default Part 1: Cato Neimoidia

The Joint Operations Center briefing room aboard the Resurgence was spotlessly clean and white, a testament to Alderaanian decor. Several benches wrapped smoothly around a holographic projector seated on a raised dais in the center of the dome-shaped room. Plugged in via scomplink, a feisty yellow and silver R2-unit blurped away in annoyed chitters as the projector sprung to life, revealing a blue-tinted hologram of a Hutt that hovered a few inches over the projector’s three curved prongs.

The command crew of the Alderaan Allied Defense Force flagship assembled only moments prior when the announcement “senior officers, please assemble in the JOC with the Commanding Officer at 1730. I repeat, senior officers please assemble in the JOC with the Commanding Officer at 1730” sounded over the 1-MC. A stickler for normally scheduled morning and afternoon briefs in accordance with the Plan of the Day, it was strange for Capt. Verana to hold such a meeting directly after evening chow. There was an edge of excitement to the gathered crew, especially since the smuggler, his droid and female jedi who all held no military rank were present.

The scuttlebutt was they were fresh off some dangerous mission that filled the Redemption’s magazine compartments and weapons lockers with small arms and explosives. If the condition of their ship was any tell-tale sign of dangers faced, then the grumbling of Chief Horton’s deck gang from spending extra man hours repairing the Beginner’s Luck was. Rumor had it they survived a dogfight with actual Imperial Twin Ion Engine ships, the new fighter being phased into the Empire’s fleet. Whispers of a shoot out with clone troopers and Sith lords echoed on the smoke deck and other spots where crewman gabbed, circulating with no end of variations. At the very least the mission was a success with no loss of life, and some deal with a company called Jaded Exports was worked out for regular weapon resupplies.

With a brusque clearing of his throat, former Imperial officer Gilder Varth began to speak, wasting little time on pleasantries to call the meeting to order, ending the incessant chatter. The elderly officer now wore the blue uniform of Alderaan, still holding the rank of admiral in title only. Verana stood off to the side, all business as usual, his face an imperceptible wall of serious.

“Before the Empire decided my conscience was a liability,” he said, “I was involved peripherally in a top-secret plan known as the Sarlacc Project. While the details of the project are unknown to me, I was involved in the transfer of large sums of credits and resources to the project. Whatever the project entails, it consumes much of the Empire’s time and effort. Moreover, I believe this Sarlacc Project is destroying the lives of thousands of sentient beings. Casualty reports crossed my desk on a regular basis.”

“Unfortunately, I don’t know much more than that. However, during my brief brushes with the project, I discovered the Imperial Navy was hiding the program’s existence from the Senate by transferring resources through secondary sources. Resources were routed through the Corporate Sector via fake contractors and the criminal underworld, keeping the trail from leading back to the admiralty.”

“One such secondary source was a Hutt crime lord named Darga. Like all Hutts, Darga is a slimy gangster whose love of credits is exceeded only by his love of power. Part of my job involved transferring resources to Darga, and in turn arranging for Imperial agents to take control of other resources from the Hutt’s organization. These were not simply transfers of credits. The items being traded were not specified, but physical resources were definitely being exchanged. Though it’s not much, this is the only lead we have.”

“Captain Verana has charged me with helping to uncover more about the Sarlacc Project, and authorized a selection of a team of agents. The team will travel to the planet of Cato Neimoidia to find Darga the Hutt. See if you can learn what he is trading in and how it relates to the Sarlacc Project.”

“Major Wist’lya, I am offering you command as the ranking officer in the field. Your time with the Spynet makes you a more than suitable choice,” he said with a nod to Shayle. “Command has authorized payment for military consultants so wishing to join the mission, but it is volunteer only.”

The room was silent, with only the astromech giving a concerned hum due to the gravity of the situation.
    Last edited by rogue; 08-26-2011 at 03:13 PM.

ACE wasted no time in leaping to his feet, duster all a flutter. The droid had been in a highly agitated state since Lykka and the others had nearly destroyed The Luck while he was shut down. He'd said little more to Lykka beyond random cursing while he oversaw the Alderaanian maintenance crew that was fixing it. The repair work had been too much for one droid to handle. He'd almost had a literal melt-down of his heuristic processor when he'd seen the initial damage reports.

“I would like to volunteer,” he said quickly. “My ship as well. Lykka and I have worked for Darga in the past. He knows us. He hates us. We hate him! I'd like the chance to shove a grenade into his fat face!”
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 05-20-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Varth arched an eyebrow at the droid, interested in the convenience of having an ease in gathered intelligence at his disposal.

"Might I ask why he hates you? This is an infiltration mission...Ace," he said disdainfully, clearly not wanting to address the droid by a human name. "We would need the information about Sarlacc before you, what was it?..oh yes...stuff a grenade down his fat face."
    Last edited by rogue; 08-26-2011 at 01:27 PM.

"I used to smuggle for him spices, weapons...slaves," the droid hissed through angry static. "However, I was property," he said tersely. "Lykka sliced by restraining bolt. We stole The Beginner's Luck to escape. It was a brand new ship. He never even got his slimy bulk on board before we boosted it," he trilled mischievously. "If we do it right, we might be able to use our connections to get inside his operations again. If we do it wrong then a few criminals get blasted in the crossfire," he said casually. "No loss. Unless it's me of course," he warbled.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

"Spice...weapons..slaves? Hmm, yes, there may be something to that," mumbled the admiral, the beginings of a plan setting his pale eyes to glow. "But if you return, you must assuage the Hutt's anger. And what better than to bring a gift?"

"Captain Verana, I understand this is a gamble, but can you spare the ship's next shipment of weapons? Nothing begs forgiveness from a Hutt than a cargo full of explosives."

Verana was impassive, but nodded after a moment's thought. In war one had to take risks.

"Excellent. All well, are there anymore volunteers?"

Before anyone could step forward Shayle stood up and spoke in his raspy voice. "Thank you Admiral for your confidence, but if I may... I would like to be able to pick my team. I want people who have worked together before, not some hodgepodge rag tag group. For such a delicate mission we need people who know what each other is going to do before they do it. Therefore I would like to offer a place in the group to Captain Soth, Captain Lightspeeder, Tahla, and... Captain Comps. We've been through a lot together and with the assistance from Lykka and ACE I feel we would have a well rounded group. I'm sorry if I've overstepped my authority, I just want competent people I know and trust. If any of them say no then I would accept volunteers. Thank you."

Shayle sat back down after addressing the Admiral hoping all he named would accept his invitation, while hoping he didn't step on the Admiral's toes in the process.

OOC: Not sure if I need it but persusion check 1d20(8)+10= 18
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Tahla rose from her seat on one of the long benches bending gently around the holoprojector.

"Shayla, Admiral, I will gladly accept this invitation. If lives are being thrown away in the persuit of evil, it must be stopped. The Jedi will gladly rise to this challenge."

She sat back down again, nodding briefly to the acknowleging glances from around the room directed toward her. She didn't know what had gotten into her lately. Maybe it was working with Kadrien on his potential grasp of the Force. Maybe it was feeling safe and comfortable for the first time in half a year, in an environment both new and familiar at the same time.
    No matter what the cause, she had been feeling rather grown up lately, and it was reflected in her words. She would have to think on this more when she had some time alone.

OOC: I'm in! Let's wreck this!
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren_Kai-Jere View Post
    “I would like to volunteer,” he said quickly. “My ship as well. Lykka and I have worked for Darga in the past. He knows. He hates us. We hate him! I'd like the chance to shove a grenade into his fat face!”
    Lykka's lekku twitched with irritation when the droid volunteered him and their ship without discussing things with him first. So it's going to be like this now, the twi'lek thought to himself. He had done his best to explain the damage to their ship, claiming that it wasn't his fault...completely, and that in the process he had acquired a healthy sum of credits that would be used in the near future for upgrades to the Luck.

Choosing to remain silent, Lykka listened as everyone chimed in and signed up for this new endeavor.
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

Trangle rose after Tahla. "You can count me in, Shayle," he said, but only as a formality. Trangle wouldn't miss the mission for all the Fizzy-Pop in the galaxy. The Mon Calamari jedi then sat, one eye swerving to ogle expectantly at Kadrien. The newly discovered Force-user would get the chance to trust his newfound instincts in the field, and as Trangle was quickly learning, there was no better experience. Then Trangle's mind began to wonder about something, and he appeared aloof.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

“I will,” Darvig uttered.