Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Righteous Cohort of Kiri-Jolith

Default Righteous Cohort of Kiri-Jolith

Was an errata ever produced for this Prestige Class? The Second Wind seems a bit overpowered in that there isn't a limit to the number of times it can be used per day.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

"And the words that you fear,
    Will always be, the words you hear." - Collective Soul, "How Do You Love"

Moved to d20 DL errata.

Cam, do you know the answer to this one?
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Aw man...now my questions never gonna get answered being hidden in here.

So, maybe I should rephrase the question from "is there an errata" to "do you think it sould be errata-ed?"
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

Can you quote the text here for me? I'm having trouble locating my copy of the book. Thanks, Tobin!

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Sure thing!

Second Wind (Ex): The 6th-level righteous cohort is determined and resolute, and has learned to grit her teeth and press on even under inhospitable conditions. Once per battle as a free action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, she may heal herself of a number of hit points equal to her character level.

So...it's similar to the Druid wild shape ability, in that you get the same number of hit points back as you would from resting. But it seems a bit much to me to not have a limit on the number of uses per day.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

Ha. That reads like a 4E utility power!

To me, gaining a percentage of your hit points back once per battle is not overpowered at all. What does it work out to, 15% on average? And that's assuming you roll for HP and not give out max HP per level.

I like that its based upon a single battle, not a day, as uses per day just encourages the 15 minute adventure day.
    formerly known as "whoisrube"
    (no longer a minion. . .)

I disagree. It maybe works well for 4e, but I think it's too much for 3e. There's no precedence that I can think of in any other similar ability.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

I seem to recall basing that on a special ability in one of the Complete books, but my memory is foggy. There's nothing wrong with it, though. It's no worse than getting a +2 bonus to Constitution (which would also give you your character level in hit points) and doesn't give you more hit points than you started with, so it's well within standard parameters.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Knapp View Post
    Ha. That reads like a 4E utility power!
    Actually, 4e already has Second Wind built in. Once in combat, you can use your second wind to spend a healing surge (equal to a quarter of your total HP).

I was looking at converting the Righteous Cohort over to 4e at one point, and when I saw that ability, I thought there was no point in converting it directly. Maybe something that adds to a healing surge.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhelm View Post
    Actually, 4e already has Second Wind built in. Once in combat, you can use your second wind to spend a healing surge (equal to a quarter of your total HP).

I was looking at converting the Righteous Cohort over to 4e at one point, and when I saw that ability, I thought there was no point in converting it directly. Maybe something that adds to a healing surge.
    I've seen may players neglect their second wind due to the fact that its a standard action. Allowing them to use it as a minor action (or a free action if the players is a dwarf) would be a good conversion.
    formerly known as "whoisrube"
    (no longer a minion. . .)