Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798

Thread: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance

She looked dismayed at the frustration which played off of the fine lines in the Zabrak's face.

"Let's stop for now." She offered, bending to scoop up the inert training aid. Tahla took a step toward the huge, reinforced viewport. "Let's take a walk." She said.

Tahla laid a reassuring hand on her friend's forearm.

"Tell me, what do you feel when you try to move the remote?"
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Kadrien walked with her, grateful for the movement. It was something to do, at least.

"I can see the remote, I can feel it in my mind, even. But I can't make it to move any more than I could turn it into water."

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Kadrien's words disheartened the Padawan. Absently, she toyed with the tiny braid, hidden next to her neck beneath smoother layers of hair. It hammered the message into her heart:

I am no Master.

Still, she had to try. Kadrien needed her now, more than ever, and although Senator Organa spared no expense with Jedi artifacts, they were fresh out of experienced Knights. Tahla reached deep within herself. What would her Master have said to this struggling student, she wondered?

"Be mindful of your words, Kadrien. Defeat is your enemy, not the energy you're trying to harness." Standing before the grand observation port, the girl made a sweeping gesture, indicative of the vacuum outside. "Everything in the galaxy pales in the light of the Force, Kade. Give the right Master enough time, and he may find a way to turn that ball to water."

Tahla reached down to the web belt, and detatched a smooth, silvered cylinder, offering the training saber to her bodyguard.

"Why don't we spend some time on another facet of Jedi life?"

OOC: Weapons! That should cheer up Kade, and make for good posts! Lead on, Jake.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Kadrien accepted the small object and after getting a feel for it in his hand, clicked the button to activate the blade. After several simple swipes in front of him, he marveled at how the blade had no weight to it. He had trained with many melee weapons, but never did the object have such an odd balance to it. It would be so easy to over swing and cut your own arm off, he thought.

On one hand, he thought the weapon amazingly useful and deadly, but at the same time he felt that for an enemy to get close enough to use it meant he had failed. His blaster rifle felt far more comfortable to him and didn't let an enemy get so close. They each had their benefit, but he would stick with his rifle for the time being.

OOC:
    I thought we'd give a bong a chance to chime in, if he wants to.

Characters:

Trangle was sitting, watching Tahla and Kadrien, in a near meditative state, keenly aware of Kadrien's emotions and frustrations. Tahla was a good teacher, he saw, and so he sat quietly and patiently. But when Kadrien ignited Tahla's lightsaber, holding it for the first time, Trangle stood. Emotion swept over him. The Jedi Academy may be gone, but we can do this. Tahla and I can rebuild the Jedi Order, one step at a time.

The snap-hiss of Trangle's lightsaber alerted Kadrien. Trangle stepped toward him, his wide webbed feet flapping on the floor.

Trangle held his lightsaber forth, and the energy blades touched and crackled and spit sparks and hisses.

"Get comfortable with it in your hands, Kadrien. Take a few swings at me, and get more used to how it feels. The energy blade itself has no weight, as you can feel - all the weight is in the handle, and so it feels different than a vibro-blade. Most importantly, relax. A lightsaber is a jedi weapon, used most effectively in tandem with the Force. In time, you will learn to do that. But for now, just get used to how it feels to swing it."

Trangle struck a pose, ready for Kadrien's offensive.

OOC
    Trangle took the Block talent at 3rd level, so he will allow Kadrien a few swings at him and Trangle will attempt to Block them. Jake, my posting time is limited right now so feel free to roll Trangle's Block/parry attempts for me - a Use the Force check at +14 (my check must beat your attack roll). Trangle will also be "fighting defensive (without attacking)", so if a Block attempt fails Kadrien must hit Reflex Defense 27 to actually injure/hit Trangle.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 08-25-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

“I will,” Darvig uttered.

Kadrien tested the blade in his hand, swaying and swiping it in front of himself. He wanted it to feel comfortable before he started practicing, but he got the feeling it would take a long time. This was as good as it was gonna get, he eventually decided.

Kadrien centered himself in the Force, or at least that's what he thought he was doing, and launched himself toward Trangle with an overhead chop. The blade fell heavily and with a clumsy force. His speed made up for his lack of skill and blade slipped past Trangle's by a fraction of a hair, but Trangle made the tiniest of movements and the blade swished past the Mon Cal's torso.

He took a breath and let the air fill his chest before slowly releasing it. "That was more luck than skill," Kadrien said with a small smile. He set his foot forward and lauched with the point of the lightsaber, but Trangle deflected it with a slight swat before it was even close. The blades crackled as they met. Kadrien was fully in the moment. The attack, the ebb and flow of his arms swinging and legs positioning was all there was. He pivoted and for once his attack wasn't awkward or clumsy. The blade slashed across with surgical precision, slipping under Trangles own blade and slashing across his midsection. Kadrien couldn't stop the attack, and only after the fact did he realize what he had done. He stood in shock for a moment before deactivating his lightsaber and moved to Trangle. "Trangle! I'm so sorry....I don't know how that happened, I was just so in the moment..." Kadrien hoped the training lightsabers were the least damaging as possible.

OOC:
    Attack 1:(19) +5-5=19
    Trangle's block:(4) + 14=18, no block, but no hit either.

Attack 2:(14)
    Trangle's block:can't fail

Attack 3:(20)=20....uh, crit? um, damn.
    maybe he can still negate it with a block:(2) +14=16 dude I'm so sorry! These dice don't like you at all it seems... Not sure what kind of damage that is. Sorry Bong, I was praying not to roll a twenty.
    dmg:(7,8) +3= 18 (x2)=36 stun damage....
    Last edited by jake; 08-25-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Characters:

Though the wide slash left scorch marks along Trangle's blue jumpsuit, it did not even pierce the hardened fabric that usually deterred much worse in terms of explosions and other unsavory lethal energies. At worst, the jedi would have a long bruise.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    "Trangle! I'm so sorry....I don't know how that happened, I was just so in the moment..."
    Trangle paused in reflective thought, shaking off the sting of the small burn. ...I don't know how that happened...I was just so in the moment...

"No, my friend," Trangle said warmly, proudly. "You were one with the Force."

"You have learned much in your first lesson. Let us be finished for today. Remember that feeling, Kadrien. Remember."
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

“I will,” Darvig uttered.

Impressed with Kadrien’s newfound affinity; the padawans, fastly on their way to becoming jedi knights, took hope in finding another rare person to train in the ways of their almost extinct order. Tahla moved closer to Kadrien as he contemplated a connection that would only deepen with time and training. She raised her hand, laying a gentle touch on her stalwart protector’s large shoulder. A sudden flash from outside in the dead of space drew the eyes of the three. The wide transparisteel viewports afforded a grand view, and recently the Redemption had taken to orbiting a wide nebula giving off a strong gravimetric signature deterring long range sensors, making for the perfect place to avoid Imperial detection.

The cluster of gas was a pleasure to gaze upon; a feast for the eyes as hydrogen and helium danced in an infinite cosmic waltz in the swirled colors of the visual spectrum. The flash came from the center of the event horizon, as bright and pure light reached outward in a cascade. As the lommite in the viewport slowly compensated in keeping the onlookers from radiation blindness, the three felt the radiance in the Force reach outward, holding each in a gentle embrace to signify the miracle they beheld. The universe just gave birth to a new star, a fortuitous happening in every culture of the galaxy. It was a sign of hope and renewal.

Slowly, the vibration of the deck plates revealed the Redemption changing course, heading away from the now proto-star as it changed into something entirely and cosmically different. Tahla, Trangle and Kadrien watched it grow smaller in the viewport as the Nebulon B Frigate gained speed to slip the bonds of realspace. The stars suddenly became a blur of lines, and they were off on some new course, signifying new orders. They were safe for now, in the custody of people whose common beliefs mirrored their own. And though sometime soon they and all the others would have to put their lives on the line again for the greater good, whether they knew it or not, the Force was with them.

OOC: Go to credits

Directed by Ed Mekeel

Default Epilogue

Ace’s systems spooled up from shutdown mode. The droid never enjoyed the glitch caused in his already fragile heuristic processor entailing the fact that during these periods of recharge time he was effectively “off,” an oblivion of nothingness to only come if he was deactivated or destroyed. Even to a droid contemplating one’s own mortality was depressing.

As Ace stood from the station where he shut down, he noticed several warning blips flashing on the ship’s central computer panel. Alarms and damage indicators flashed across the entire screen, showing small hull breaches and damage to primary and tertiary systems.

Just what the hell happened to his ship while he was powered down!!!???!!??