Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 980

Thread: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Map

    OOC:

    A = Ace, K = Kadrien, L = Lykka, Sh = Shayle, Tr = Trangle, Ta = Tahla
    S = Stormtrooper, M = woman.

    The two creepers are currently about 6 meters up the N hallway. The North Hallway leads to the Promenade, while the South Hall leads to the Lifts.

    Edit: Sorry about the crappy color of the "S"'s. I'll fix it in the next attachment. Keep in mind the boxes, barrel and computer terminals are all things on the map.


    OK, what are you guys doing? We are not in initiative.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rogue; 12-13-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    Jedi had long been guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy. Now, the few that were left were in hiding, if there were any left other than Trangle and Tahla. Trangle's home planet, Mon Calamari, had suffered terribly at the hands of the Empire. Trangle's home away from home, the Jedi Academy, was destroyed. As Trangle stole a small glance at the stars dancing in jewel-like flashes in the bluish glow of Brentaal, he found himself at a crossroads.

    At the cry for help by the injured maintenance woman, Trangle could endure this endless prison no longer. He looked from the woman to the stormtroopers, and to his utility belt where he kept his lightsaber, then back to the stormtroopers. He started to reach for his weapon, but then froze, staying his hand.

    Patience. Prudence. Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.

    There had to be another way out of this.

    OOC
    Use the Force (sense surroundings): swift action d20+8= 20, ignores total cover and concealment.
    Perception: d20+15= 17, keeping an eye on the approaching tunic-wearing men, even though he doesn't have line of sight.
    Holding a move & standard to see what happens next.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 12-10-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,489

    Post Trapped Between A Rock And A Gundark

    Tahla exhaled deeply when the two men passed them by on the Promenade. It was them she realized that she’d been holding her breath. She tried to work through a relaxation technique, but Tahla found that she couldn’t concentrate. Everything that had happened to her since she had boarded the ore freighter seemed part of a checklist to freedom in her mind. The articles drifted through her thoughts. Get off Coruscant, check. Slip aboard Sel Zonn station, check. Freedom from the tyranny of the New Order consumed her. All that they had to do now was find Senator Organa’s agent and secure passage on another ship, and they’d really and truly be free. When those men crossed their path, well…

    That was too close. She thought.

    As they crossed onto the Observation deck, she stole a glance at her friend. The young Mon Cal drank in the beauty of space through the massive view screens. He didn’t deserve this oppression any more than she did. Should Tahla be discovered to be Jedi, she would be hunted by the galaxy at large because she represented something anathema to the sterile and scientific New Order. In the eyes of the Empire, Trangle wasn’t just a Jedi, but also a reviled Xenos, treated with scorn and fear by ‘the galaxy’s rightful rulers’. She couldn’t imagine how alone he must feel. Tahla would never allow anything to happen to her fellow learner. No matter what befalls, she decided, she would do anything to protect Trangle Lightspeeder.

    Who knows, we two may be the last.

    As they came to the Lift room, Tahla caught a glimpse of the markings on the wall beside them. She read the blocky Arabesh characters with ease. These lifts would take them down into the maintenance section and one step closer to her freedom. As they walked in, Tahla saw the other two figures. The first was the most unlikely droid she’d ever seen, and wearing clothing. Too strange. The other was a Twi’lek. They must also be heading down the lift. Being near this lanky Twi’lek reminded her so much of her old master. Feeling an ache for something familiar, she looked at the alien accompanying the cobbled-together droid. She spoke in his language:

    “Greetings, sir, are you also going down?” Her Ryl was a little shaky. She hadn’t spoken it in months. Just then, the wounded woman stumbled into the room, clutching at wounds. She begged them for help, and her words tugged hard at Tahla’s heart. She took a step toward the woman, but froze with what came next. A squad of Stormtroopers burst in, demanding the woman’s arrest in the name of the Emperor. The words caused Tahla to start. She couldn’t leave this woman, and she couldn’t attack the Stormtroopers. She’d make herself and Trangle known to the Empire. Reaching over, she grasped Trangle’s sleeve in a frightened, white knuckled fist.

    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Land of Ice & Snow (Northern MN)
    Posts
    4,978

    Default

    “Greetings, sir, are you also going down?” Her Ryl was a little shaky.

    Lykka was immediately taken aback at the prospect of hearing his native language spoken by the young human woman. Although her drawl was notably obvious, it seemed oddly refreshing to hear Ryl in such an out of the way place as Sel Zon station. She seemed charming and polite, as well as self confident, all qualities that the Twi’lek admired in females. She was covered in grime and dust, possibly making her a maintenance worker or the like, he surmised from her dirty appearance. This just seemed to add to her allure.

    He was about to turn on the charm himself, but never got the chance, as he watched in shock as the wounded, dark haired woman stumbled toward him, clutching her abdomen. He wanted to reach out and try to help her when the imperial troopers stormed in making demands. It appeared that his luck had run out.

    Personally, the Twi’lek had no grudge against the empire, and in fact, he had profited from running illegal weapons as a result of sanctions imposed by the emperor. However, he had no allegiance to the empire either, and some of his dealings with them had proven less than desirable.

    Staring down the barrels of four blaster carbines, Lykka froze in his tracks, his heart caught in his throat and pounding so hard he thought it may burst. His fight or flight instinct was in severe turmoil, and he waited another breath to see which would win out.

    OOC
    Perception to see the reactions of the other four, and to see if the troopers have any reinforcements nearby: d20 (14) + 5 = 19

    Holding all actions to see what transpires.
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

    Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

    Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,873

    Default

    ACE stiffened at the presence of the Stormtroopers. Unlike his partner the droid seemed to have a pre-programmed dislike of white-armored troopers. He had no love for the slave-traders and other xenophobic minions of the Empire, but he had tolerated these beings for profit when he'd had to too under Igren in his recent criminal past. As a free droid, however, he experienced no need for such obligations. The mechanical ne'er-do-well understood that getting his face graphed on an Imperial wanted holovid and transmitted across the Empire was one of the fastest way to end his and Lykka's new found freedom of the space ways. Yet he could not abide seeing another sentient being hurt and threatened with imprisonment by Stormtroopers for what he deduced were likely arbitrary reasons.

    “She. Is hurt. You. Cannot. Easily. Transport a. Wounded. Prisoner. I am. Programmed with. Basic. Battlefield. First aid. Please. Allow me. To. Tend. To her. Injuries. For you. Gentlemen,” ACE offered diplomatically.

    OOC -
    ACE will attempt to Persuade the Stormtroopers as a full round action (although I'm doubtful this will work) (d20): 2.

    Nope. That sucked.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 06-28-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    Kadrien quickly took in the scene, hoping there was a way out of this besides a firefight. He was traveling with two jedi though, and he knew they weren't going to just stand by. Even if they did, stormtroopers had no qualms about arresting everyone in the vicinity on conspiracy. It was as good as guilt, now-a-days. His body itched to be proactive and get ready for the fight he knew was coming, but maybe the Bothan would have a way out of this like he did in customs. It was doubtful, but worth a shot.

    Not willing to entirely trust the Bothan's tongue, however, Kadrien sidled down the hallway while a strange droid distracted the stormtroopers. If a fight did break out, he'd like at least a little cover from the stormtrooper's fire.

    OOC:
    Moving the squares down the hallway to be just behind the barrels, holding standard for after Shayle's reaction.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    The stormtroopers were not going to let the woman go. Trangle saw Kadrian taking position for a laser battle. The Mon Calamari was torn, brain trembling. The broad olive and brass striations of his coned forehead scrunched in anxiety. Tahla was clutching tightly at his cloak, messaging the same turmoil within her. Trangle wrestled with the nuances of the Jedi Code, trying to fathom the depths of its meaning, comprehend its application in this instance. But he was just too inexperienced. There was no time for contemplation. There were no more Jedi Masters to teach him. The young, impulsive jedi made a snap decision. Fish whiskers wriggled involuntarily. He would risk it all. Trangle's wide-staring oval eyes of amber and black narrowed, wizening resolutely as heavy lids slid half-closed. No revolution, no rebellion, had ever started without a first shot. Time to strike back against the Empire.

    (bah-ba-daah, daaaaaah, ba-ba-ba-ba-baaaaaaah!...)

    Taking a leap of faith, Trangle Lightspeeder threw all his eggs into the basket of a desperate plan that crystallized quickly in his bright mind, a one-in-a-million shot to rescue the woman and not be discovered by the Empire. They had to disable both the Imperial squad and the approaching tunic-wearing men fast - before any of them could reach a comlink. Trangle had heard once, from a roguish fellow, that stormtroopers had comlinks built into their helmets - they needed stopped first. Those witnessing - the Twi’lek and his talkative medical droid - could be persuaded afterwards not to sell them out to the Empire. Trangle had faith Shayle could accomplish such a task. Strategy conceived, Trangle let go, feeling the Force flow through him.

    Trangle leaped forward and to his left, suddenly turning to face the stormtroopers.

    OOC
    Move: 3 sq. south, 1 sq. southeast (costing two squares of movement), 2 sq. south.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 12-13-2010 at 12:11 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Shayle's mind raced. So much was going on in one situation. On one hand the woman needed to be saved, it was his contact. She had vital information that could help his planet against the empire. If she was captured, the imperials might force her to reveal pertinent information, their interrogation techniques were quite effective.

    On the other hand, the jedi needed to be kept safe, away from confrontation. If they were caught harboring jedi it would mean instant death. The last thing they needed was the station crawling with more imperial troops along with inquisitors... that would be bad.

    Shayle was unsure which was more important at the moment. He finally decided the fate of his planet was the most important issue here. He was about to try and defuse the situation when the mon calamari jumped into action. It was obvious that he used the force, sending the troopers flying to the ground. Shayle sighed, this was the type of actions that got people killed. The wheels were in motion though and a young jedi named Trangle Lightspeeder had set them off. Shayle's instincts took over.

    "Kadrien, Tahla, see to the men coming from behind us. Tahla, try not to use your ligh... your weapon." Shayle barely caught himself. He looked to the twi'lek and droid next. "Looks like you two are in the right place at the wrong time. Guilty by association I think the saying goes. We could use some extra help. Would you see to the troopers, hopefully they won't be getting up but if they do... you two look fairly capable of handling them." Shaye looked at the young patriot who ignited the conflict. "Trangle... see to the troopers as well." Shayle wanted to give the mon calamari a tongue lashing but now wasn't time. Shayle stepped up next to the injured woman, his voice softened. "My name is Shayle Wist'lya. I was suppose to meet you under less auspicious circumstances. We need to move fast, are you capable. I can tend to your wounds when we're in a safer place." He offered the woman his hand. Hopefully it wasn't too far to the turbolifts.

    Persuasion check with the twi'lek and droid for their help 1d20(13)+9= 22
    5' step next to the woman.
    Talking as freebie!
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,607

    Default

    A flurry of action set off a chain of events spiraling hopelessly out of control. Ace began warbling off in his odd manner, attempting to appeal to the Stormtroopers’ greater senses. They weren’t even listening. In fact, the recruits were itching for a fight, looking for the slightest provocation to set them off like a faulty thermal detonator. It was the briefest instances where the quick movement of the few greased itchy trigger fingers.

    Kadrien and Trangle both sprung forward, one for cover behind the barrels, and the other to ready the Force against the tyrannical oppression of the weak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spasseltock Nimblefingers View Post
    "Kadrien, Tahla, see to the men coming from behind us. Tahla, try not to use your ligh... your weapon." Shayle barely caught himself. He looked to the twi'lek and droid next. "Looks like you two are in the right place at the wrong time. Guilty by association I think the saying goes. We could use some extra help.....
    The Bothan’s plea for help struck a chord in Lykka, his words pushing him towards the “right” decision. It wasn’t often the twi’lek felt the pull of his heart over pragmatism in a dangerous situation. Seeing her escape blocked by more blaster-toting men, the wounded “maintenance worker” drew her own weapon in a hopeless last stand. This was the small spark to ignite the flame of a firefight.

    “They are accomplices, BLAST ‘EM,” yelled the lead trooper.

    OOC: Ok, here is how this is going down. We are in a surprise round, and some of you have acted already. Sorry for the confusion.

    Ace: Cannot make Persuasion check as a partial action. Still has a partial

    Kadrien: moves three square South in front of barrel. +5 cover bonus to Reflex Defense against the Stormtroopers.

    Trangle: moves to current position East of Troopers.

    Shayle: uses Presence talent to Persuade either Lykka or Ace to help (you can only Persuade one creature at a time, random roll determined Lykka).
    Persuasion check: (22) – 2 (Indifferent) = 20
    Beats Lyka’s Will Defense! I don’t enforce Persuasion checks between PC’s, so it’s up to you how you want to react, James. Shayle cannot take a 5-foot step.

    Maintenance Woman: draws blaster pistol as a move action.

    Tahla, Ace and Lykka still have partial actions; either a move, standard or swift. Then we go into initiative after Superball and Dorgyn and Tauren post.


    Battle 1.jpg

    A = Ace, K = Kadrien, L = Lykka, Sh = Shayle, Tr = Trangle, Ta = Tahla
    T = Stormtrooper, M = woman.

    The two creepers are currently about 6 meters up the N hallway. The North Hallway leads to the Promenade, while the South Hall leads to the Lifts.
    Last edited by rogue; 12-02-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,873

    Default

    ACE’s right hand automatically whipped his duster back over his hip as his fingers wrapped around the familiar grip of his blaster. In the blink of an eye the droid slipped the weapon free of its holster and drew a bead on the Stormtrooper in front of him in one fluid motion.

    OOC –
    ACE will draw his blaster as a move action.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •