Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 980

Thread: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,268

    Default

    Shayle was quiet, possibly too quiet, but he was trying to get a feel for who he was traveling with. He didn't want to get too close to these people in case it all went bad, but so far everything was going smooth. The customs officer was a breeze. He couldn't wrap his brain around the slick words that came from the bothan's mouth and was quickly confused so he let them pass.

    Now in the public on a space station with more life forms than Shayle cared for, they were in the open. The chatter behind him was more than he could handle. Discretion was of the utmost importance and these two jedi younglings looked... well like jedi younglings and that was something that worried Shayle.

    The Bothan stopped and turned to his entourage. He kept his raspy voice low and stern. "It's good to be wary but all of you look nervous, too nervous and it could draw unwanted attention to us. Now stay quiet and no more talk of "visions" or anything else of the such." Stay focused Shayle. He knew if he said more it would cause a scene so he turned back around and kept the lead. Impetuous young jedi and a guard with an itchy trigger finger... Shayle had a bad feeling about this.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    "Sometimes I think you are more human than I am," Lykka shot back, straightening one of his colorful scarfs that he used to decorate his lekku.

    "You. Are. A Twi'lek. Why? Do you? Compare. Yourself. To humans? You are strange."

    OOC -
    Ed, just so you know ACE's blaster carbine is aboard the Beginner's Luck. He is however carrying the rest of his equipment on him.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 12-07-2010 at 07:08 AM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,456

    Default

    Making their way across the crowded Promenade, it was evident the Empire’s new xenophobic outlook held sway over Imperial citizenry. Though none of the many humans made outright insults, it was clear by the poorly masked looks of disdain and disgust on their faces. “Aliens” were relegated to the casino and cantina, places camouflaged in soft lighting, watered down drinks and other sordid affairs. Why if one believed the Emperor’s propaganda machine, upstanding citizens were so righteous that most would never have to run the air-circulator while using the refresher.

    Careless and light despite uneasy stares, Lykka was quite used to Sel Zon station. His friendship with Ace grew each day, an odd occurrence as most droids were property, not equals. So engrossed was he in conversation while navigating through the throng to the lifts, that he missed the two shady creepers Ace’s scanners didn’t. Dressed in identically drab brown tunics, the droid’s improved package scanned the men, noting poorly concealed light blasters tucked away in hip pockets. It almost looked as if the clothes were bought brand new to then be cut up and rubbed in dirt and grime, giving the illusion of worn-out fabric. They seemed to be searching for someone, and Ace’s combat programming immediately deemed them suspicious.

    On the other side of the Promenade, the others traveled to the same destination. Weeks prior Shayle received the Sel Zon Station blue print transmission from his “handler.” Studying daily, he knew the layout backwards and forward. The Alderaanian had a dwelling in the maintenance crew quarters section of the station. The path of least resistance and suspicion was to use the turbolifts reserved specifically for non-humans, on a straight-ahead course past the observation area. Though his fur bristled at the thought of segregation, the Bothan was not so absorbed in thought to hear the chatter coming from behind.

    Trangle, on the other hand, had plans of his own. Opening himself to the living will of the Force, his senses spread out. His eyes immediately focused on the suspicious men with guns in their pockets. The Mon Cal even noticed them speaking heatedly into comlinks as their eyes searched this way and that. Suspecting her ally reach out in the Force, Tahla immediately established a mind link in admonishment for risk-taking, even though she herself took the same risk. Sensing intuition, her eyes also fell upon the same men. It was then Shayle stopped in the middle of the crowd despite the grunts of passers-by as they obstructed traffic. He hushed them, again surprising the others with the raspy sound of his voice. Both he and Kadrian’s eyes turned to regard the direction of the jedi stares. It took but a microsecond for the two groups to meet one another's gaze.

    A tense moment passed as eyes locked, and then narrowed in suspicion...

    OOC:

    Superball: It is a full-round action to detect Trangle using the Force. I will allow you to suspect it, but there is no way you can be sure. We’ll use a Perception check: 24, success. You think he is.

    Perception Checks in the crowd:
    Ace = 16: Notices two identically dressed dubious-looking men with hold-out blasters scanning the crowd.
    Kadrian = 24: Notices two identically dressed dubious-looking men with hold-out blasters scanning the crowd and speaking into comlinks.
    Lykka = 9: Notices nothing.
    Shayle = 17: Notices two identically dressed dubious-looking men with hold-out blasters scanning the crowd.
    Tahla = 28: Notices two identically dressed dubious-looking men with hold-out blasters scanning the crowd and speaking into comlinks.
    Trangle = 31: Notices two identically dressed dubious-looking men with hold-out blasters scanning the crowd and speaking into comlinks.

    Creeper Perception Checks to see a group of three aliens and one human stopping to gawk = 11, success.

    Uh-oh, what are you four doing? Ace and Lykka are continuing forward. From your vantage point it is impossible to see Kadrian, Shayle, Tahla and Trangle.
    Last edited by rogue; 12-07-2010 at 01:48 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    ACE’s jovial tone shifted abruptly as his scanners warned him of potential trouble to his left. In a flash his processor quickly cycled through the various languages he was programmed to speak and compared that list to the languages his partner was fluent in. He needed to communicate trouble to Lykka quickly without letting the strangers know he was on to them should they somehow overhear him in the crowd. He eliminated Basic and any trade languages the majority of humans in this section of the galaxy would likely familiar with. His selection made, the droid's vocabulator lowered ACE's pitch and tempo in an instant as he drawled as quietly as he possibly could in Huttese.

    “Lyyyykaaaa. Mun-mun nine arka hoo ats,” he whispered as loudly as he dared. “Bar rooodaaa.”

    The droid’s right hand hovered above the right flap of his duster as he continued to walk. The servos in his three fingers cycled through their ready motions, prepared pull his blaster and fire in an instant if need be.

    OOC -
    Translated from Huttese: “Lykka, the robed men on our nine are packing holdouts. Be ready.”

    ACE will ready an attack action. If either man pulls a holdout he will pull his own piece and fire! Bounty hunters could be anywhere you know...
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 12-07-2010 at 02:24 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,506

    Default

    "It's good to be wary but all of you look nervous, too nervous and it could draw unwanted attention to us. Now stay quiet and no more talk of "visions" or anything else of the such."

    Trangle thought it was the Bothan that seemed nervous. And for good reason, Trangle reasoned. Tahla too, seemed on edge.

    "Looks like we may have already drawn some attention," Trangle stated, speaking low so that his three allies could just hear him over the din of the Promenade. "Keep moving."

    "They may be reporting us, or alerting others to intercept us," he croaked, informing those who may not have noticed the men speaking into their comlinks. Trangle was careful not to ogle at the dubious men, and kept walking, trying to act casual.

    OOC
    Deception: d20+3= 21 to act casual and not look nervous, suspicious, or lost.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 12-07-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    I will, Darvig uttered.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bong Bellowsmoke View Post
    [I]"Looks like we may have already drawn some attention," Trangle stated, speaking low so that his three allies could just hear him over the din of the Promenade. "Keep moving."

    "They may be reporting us, or alerting others to intercept us," he croaked, informing those who may not have noticed the men speaking into their comlinks. Trangle was careful not to ogle at the dubious men, and kept walking, trying to act casual.
    "I see them too. Just keep walking and follow me, I know the way." Shayle said still keeping his voice low. He hoped this new "alliance" that was forming was worth all this trouble. Of course it is, nothing is worse than this... empire. I just hope my information is as good as promised. Shayle thought, still keeping an eye on the suspicious characters as they went.

    Staying in the lead and still heading for turbolifts for non-humans.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Land of Ice & Snow (Northern MN)
    Posts
    4,978

    Default

    “Lyyyykaaaa. Mun-mun nine arka hoo ats,” he whispered as loudly as he dared. “Bar rooodaaa.”

    It was bad enough hearing Huttese muttered in the first place, but to hear it from the raspy, mechanical vocabulator from ACE made the Twi’leks skin crawl. Lykka had always despised the fact that he had been forced to learn the language of the Hutts due to his necessity for communicating with the crime lord and his minions. However, more than once, it had served him well, and this was quickly turning into one of the times. He slowed his pace and scanned the area for the trouble that the droid had warned about, peering over his shoulder as discreetly as possible. The tails of the bandanas on his lekku fluttered slightly as he craned his neck for a better look. His fingers tingled in anticipation of drawing his blaster from his hip holster, covered by the flowing midnight blue cape that he wore for concealment. He had learned that if you weren’t as quick on the draw as your opponent, you had better be quicker on your feet.

    OOC
    Stealth check to conceal Heavy Blaster Pistol:d20 (18) + 9 -10 = 17

    Perception (visual) to spot the trouble indicated by ACE (if allowed a second attempt): d20 (13) + 5 = 18.

    Lykka will ready an attack action on ACE’s warning to do so.

    Rogue: I’ve added a Stealth check for Lykka’s hip holstered weapon as well just to be safe!
    Last edited by Dorgyn Angylaxe; 12-07-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

    Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

    Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.



  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,352

    Post Why You Hide Your Lightsaber

    No sooner had Tahla been admonished by the Bothan, than she noticed the two men. Something seemed out of place about them. She saw the blasters, and the comlinks…

    Oh no. Its happening again!

    She’d seen this in the early aftermath of the Temple massacre. The bounty hunters, the Imperial agents, even the so-called ‘concerned citizens’ had the same look in their eyes. They had seen Jedi. They had seen us, and then turned on us. Those same people who had, only weeks prior, benefited from the noble Order. Some had by humanitarian relief in the form of food or medical care, some through the physical protection of a Padawan in pursuit of a criminal. She could still hear the screams of Teelo, a little Rodian boy, shot to death by a passerby that saw his lightsaber.
    They might still have a chance. Better get caught somewhere else, than get caught here. Coruscant had taught her that. Damage done, she tried not to make eye contact with the suspicious men.



    OOC: Deception to attempt to feign disinterest - 1d20(9)+2=11
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,524

    Default

    The Zabrak's mind quickly flashed through how long it would take it get his blaster out, or whether it would just be better to grab his small vibrodagger and have at it. If they had been found out by Imperial agents, it was only a matter of time before they reinforcements came. If the two men were just thugs who hated the sight of a couple aliens, then that was a different story.

    Even though he knew they were already spotted by the duo, he agreed with the principle of trying to avoid confrontation. Kadrien continued to follow Shayle with his face forward, his one hand preparing to draw the vibrodagger if needed.

    OOC:
    Just following the bothan.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,456

    Default

    It was an intense moment. The collective suspicions of the young jedi and their guardians caused minds to jump in all possibility of conclusions. Seconds passed and the two men scanning the Promenade blinked out of the stare-down, one regurgitating sneering, rushed words. It was abundantly clear he quipped some racist joke that ended in both men laughing heartily. Their eyes continued darting to other sections of the large atrium, leaving the four to their own affairs. With a few more steps toward the lifts, the two were lost in the maze of passers-by.

    Making their way past merchants hawking wares in victimizing routines, the claustrophobic feeling associated with the masses thinned. Before them was the observation deck, its transparisteel windows affording a splendid gaze of space. The view was lost on all but Trangle, who only stole a small glance of the stars dancing in jewel-like flashes in the bluish glow of Brentaal. Entering a side-passage away from the Promenade, the group came to a wide room. From the layout intermingled with station computer panels and adjoining airlock to the left, Shayle knew it used to be a staging area. Prior to the Empire’s new xenophobic and stringent inspection practices, merchant ships temporarily docked here to unload cargo directly to the Promenade. Those days were long gone, and the lifts once reserved for cargo now transported any non-human lifeform choosing to traverse Sel Zon’s station’s rusty innards. And rusty they were! It was amazing how dilapidated the station was away from the beaten path. Several light fixtures blinked overhead like the lazy eye of a spice addict, with all horizontal surfaces entertaining the greasy look only neglect and dust could create.

    Shayle, Kadrien, Tahla and Trangle noticed the other denizens of the room were a Twi’lek and a droid. The Twi’lek had festively colored bandanas tied around his head appendages, while the odd cobbled-together droid wore a large duster-coat. It was obvious the unlikely duo headed the same way.

    A sudden fear-addled scream sounded from up the passageway. A dark-haired slender woman decked out in a blue grease-monkey maintenance uniform staggered into the room. Clutching her side addled in the scorch-marks of blaster fire, she stumbled forward despite great pain. Shayle’s mind reeled. He easily recognized the woman’s face from his holos; one in the same with that of his Alderaanian contact.

    “Please…help me,” she called out while making her way closer.

    Immediately following were the echoing sounds of booted feet from both in front and behind. Coming down the hall of the lifts, four Imperial stormtroopers barreled into the staging area, carbines trained on the wounded woman. With the newer style of armor and skinnier builds, the recruits were a far cry from the intimidating gait of clone troopers. From behind, the shady tunic-wearing men from the Promenade hurried down the aft passage only a hair’s breadth away, hold-out blasters drawn.

    “Step away from that woman! She is under arrest in the name of the Emperor,” a young voice sounded through the amplification of helmet speakers.
    Last edited by rogue; 12-10-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •