Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Hourglass in the Sky (planner)

*caresses his deadwood copy of the book.*
    Heine Kim Stick

I don't have it, but if we're using it I'll probably grab the PDF if there's one for sale (Paizo's store is currently down, so I have no clue).
    "The sword said nothing, but it brought out everything in him. All the hatred for being trapped in this time, the desire for vengeance..." -Antog Wolfherder, Key of Destiny, ICRP Forums

The PDF of the book costs $9.99, which in my opinion is generous considering the staggering amount of awesome that's in the book.
    Heine Kim Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmantle View Post
    The PDF of the book costs $9.99, which in my opinion is generous considering the staggering amount of awesome that's in the book.
    Heh... yeah, I have no issues buying PDFs of books for this game, but since my regular group as so staunchly opposed to Pathfinder, I wouldn't get much use out of it elsewhere, so that's why I'll wait to see if Bong is using the book or not...
    "The sword said nothing, but it brought out everything in him. All the hatred for being trapped in this time, the desire for vengeance..." -Antog Wolfherder, Key of Destiny, ICRP Forums

Well here's the situation from my point of view. Its a little awkward, the PF Advanced Player's Guide (which I'm sure is great) coming out while we're in the middle of character creation, where some have access to it and others don't. I'm all for using the APD (and other PF material), I'm sure the material is great, as everything PF has been. I just want to make sure everyone is on the same playing field and has access to all the same character options, or, I want to be able to rest assured that those who don't have the APD (or other PF products) don't mind if others are using material they don't have access to. So, its up to us to figure out.

My estimated liftoff for start of this thread is about a week and a half from now. We have some time to decide. Phara and Raven have the APD. I will be buying it, whether we use it or not. Dolf is cool with getting it. I'd like to hear from Spas, Dorgyn, and Pirategirl on this. Either let me know that you're up for buying the .pdf of the APD for $9.99, or let me know if you're cool with the others using the material without you having it and that maybe you're planning on getting it sooner or later or whatevs.

So, seeing as how Spas is into PF and very well might buy the .pdf, and how Dorgyn is a pretty flexible guy (figuratively, not sure about physically), and how Pirategirl is most certainly flexible given the way she talks, I'd say there's a decent chance we'll end up allowing the APD by the time the thread starts. I'd say to Phara and Ravenmante (RM, if we use the APD, then you can use the Warlord class from that other little booklet), for now don't make changes including the new material, but at the same time feel free to work up alternative versions of your chars with that material, and so if we end up using it you'll be ready to go, even if the decision is made last minute.

Cool? Spas, Dorgyn, Pirategirl, let me know what you think.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Keep in mind that, at least as I understand it, the book will be incorporated into the SRD, so it'll be available there. I'll see if I can get some confirmation on that.
    Heine Kim Stick

See if you can, RM. If we knew it was being incorporated into the SRD very soon, I'd just say yes right now.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

THIS.
    Heine Kim Stick

Out of my mind, BEEEEP. Please leave a message!

So, two weeks after Gencon, the new Advanced Guide for PF will be added to the srd?
    "And that blockhead Rukin.. he might not be much of a thinker, but he can kill things well I suppose..." Argent: Cleric of Silver Master. ICRP Key of Destiny.

"Well I'll be a pickled dog-turd," Rukin grunted.

Yes, the game mechanics will be added to d20pfsrd.com. Whether or not they'll be added to the official PRD as well remains to be seen but that hardly matters if they're going to be posted at d20pfsrd.com anyway.
    Last edited by Ravenmantle; 08-06-2010 at 06:34 PM.
    Heine Kim Stick