Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Young (Thread Is Full) (Pre-WotL)

Default Too Young (Thread Is Full) (Pre-WotL)

OOC: Well this thread is full so could no one that hasn't been invited, please not post on this thread.

To the people that I have invited, I am sure that you remember the rules . But there is always one so I will put them up again.

The characters must be young, i.e. for a human about 10 - 13, and an elf about 30 ish. There is only one exception to this and that is Kyra's character.

The characters must be beginning training of their class and so they are rubbish at it, but better than the others. So for a mage, only have the basic cantrips at a maximum; a ranger would have basic training in tracking and forestlore; a fighter would have a good ability in only one weapon and a meagre skill in another weapon. The cleric on the other hand, would normally get all the spells and they would only be allowed a certain amount; but they have to be disadvantaged as well so, their faith is unsteady and so not all the prayers they say will work, but also they won't have any powerful ones as their god or goddess doesn't give them that responsibilty yet.

That is all the criteria, like Sticko's threads, no OOCs as this makes the story look nice (that is not including this post ) I hope you have fun.

Name: Caleto Swiftsong
    Race: Elven (Qualinesti)
    Class: Bard
    Weapons: Lute, voice and a dagger.
    Bio: Brought to Southern Ergoth with his parents, as the parents were sent out to figure out the rumours of the army. They found themselves in Ismel, waiting for another ship to take them to Northern Ergoth.

The story begins in a small village of Ismel on the North West coast of Southern Ergoth, the village is reknowned for their teaching of Rangers. The Ranger School has attracted great interest from humans from all over Southern Ergoth as well as the surrounding islands and some of the main continent. The land has been peaceful for many years and the threat of ogres and goblins has been reduced significantly, but there are whispers of an army, so imaginably large that people are just ignoring the warnings.
    The beach just outside of Ismel holds the heroes that would save Southern Ergoth and maybe more places across Krynn, the heroes that are forgotten, the heroes that have disappeared in the ages of time.
    "Ha", said Caleto, in derision and confidence. "I do know the words to the whole song, that is not what my shalafi is complaining about, apparently it is the way I sing it. The song is meant to 'rouse the blood and cause fear in the enemy'", said Caleto in a very good impression of his shalafi, Daelen Clarey. "It is useless, I will keep practicing while you lot go and play in the sea", he said to the assembled teenagers and children around him.
    Last edited by Calus; 01-04-2005 at 08:11 PM.
    It has been a long time

Kyra Starleaf Guest

name: Willow
    race: human
    class: none
    appearance: long auburn hair, green eyes, tall and thin, small scar above her right eye.
    weapons: none, but can defend herself with basic weaponless fighting skills.

Willow stood along the tree line watching the shore as the elven bard told stories to the village children. How she wished she could venture down and join them, she would dearly love to hear the wonderful stories the bard would have to tell however she knew she would be reviled if she dared to join them. Constantly hounded and teased unmercifully by the village children Willow kept to herself, alone in a small cottage on the outskirts of the village away from everyone else. Willow had been there for the last 5 years, her parents had moved there so her Papa could find work since the reputation of the area was prospering and for a while things were good, Willow was happy. Then 3 years ago, in the springof her 15th year, the village was attacked, Willow's parents forced her to hide in a small root cellar and promise not to come out no matter what she heard. Her Papa made willow promise she would not make a sound so as to not to be found, and that was the last memory she had of her parents. When the attack was over Willow's parents were dead. When the neighboors found them Willow was sitting between the bodies of her parents, crying silently for she had made a promise not to make a sound, and it was a promise she still kept today. The children of the village began to tease Willow, sometimes only throwing harsh words sometimes much worse. She became recluse only venturing into the village if it was absolutly nessessary, she finished her chores quickly and usually did not tary however this day, with her arms full of flour, she tarried long enought to watch the children being entertained by a bard.

Name: Kat
    Race: Human
    Class: Theif
    Weapons: A whip, and some throwing knives (Or atleast the ones she has left if she can find them after throwing them.)
    Bio: She had been raised in one of the thives guilds back in Haven, her parents were both great theives and did much for the guild. Once they died Kat was raised by the rest of the guild, being taught the ways thinking she would be as great as her parents. They were wrong, after many accidents and some almost deaths. They finally threw her out telling her they had taught her all that they know and it is for her to leave and learn about life on her own now. So she did and has been traveling ever since. The worst part about her is she is a terriable Klutz, and if she does get into a fight it isn't her skills that get her out of it but the mere accidents she seems to cause.

IC: Kat has been traveling around Southern Ergoth for a while know, getting a bit tired of it she heads for the small village of Ismel hoping to find a way out of here. Everytime she seems to hear footsteps behind her though she rushes for a hiding place, usually though she trips or looses her grip on a tree and they end up walking by her and seeing her anyways. And this time was no different, she rushes up a tree this time and slips falls only to get her foot caught in a branch somewhere making her hand upsidedown from the tree. With a pathetic look on her face and her face turning read from the blood rushing to it she lets out a wimper and then tries to call out "Someone help me, please?"

Lord Warren said a single word, said it with emphasis and sincerity. Tas was impressed. "Knights don't usually say words like that." - Dragons of a Fallen Sun

Heric (last name unknown)
    male Human Page
    Age 13
    142 cm tall weight 52 kg
    dark hair and grey eyes
    equipment. short sword, 10m rope, sleeping roll, flint and steel, knife, small grapling hook, cloak, rabbit trap, short bow and 10 arrows,

Heric is a gaunt looking Child. he was taken from his home at the age of * where he was made a page to Sir Uragrad Knight of the sword the solamic Keep on the west coast of southern Ergoth became his home. every morning he would do his masters jobs feeding the horse cleaning the stables polishing armour serving his masters dinner. the work of a page was repetative but he learnt to hunt to ride and to be proper. it came when Sir Uragrad left the keep to march north fifteen men at arm with him word had reached the knights ears that raiders were becoming more bold in the northian areas. on the morning they left Sir Uragrad gave Heric the short sword incase he got into trouble he wasnt due to start his squire training till 15 and Heric was honoured.

Heric was left behind in the small town when the knight and most of his men rode to investagate some reports Heric and 3 men steyed with the wagon he sat atop it as the men played dice. Heric stared at young lady with her arms full of sacks most likely of flour he was young and was just getting to know about women and he watched as she wondered along. her attention was fixed on something else though a man at the shore. Herics heart froze he had never seen the likes of it befor an elf.
    Last edited by sticko_69; 01-04-2005 at 08:16 PM.
    -Sticko, Dragonlance Nexus staff artist.

Under the winter skies
    We stand glorious!
    And with Oden on our side
    We are victorious!

Norilonst "Norin" Nilstrom
    Cleric-in-training
    Race: human
    Ht: 5ft 9in
    eyes: blue
    hair: Red
    Bio: Norin is a absent-minded child who is determined only to become a healer. His mind is always in two places in eveyday activity, but when it comes to his prayer it is his only love. Since he has no family the idea of caring for others is his way of coping with the lonliness.

Norin sat down crossing his legs listening to the music the elf played in wonder. Sniffling he wiped his nose with his robed sleeve and thought about playing with the other kids. He could never sit still for too long before gaining interest on what the other children were doing.

Standing up he noticed the smudge he left on his white robe and wondered how he it got there. "Teacher is not going to be pleased," shrugging he ran off towards the woods hearing the faint cry for help. Looking around he could see nothing, he began to peer around the bend wondering where this person was. Clsoing in on the whimper Norin looked up to see a young girl hanging from the trees.

"Oh hello up there," he waved, what game is this you are playing?"
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-04-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Kyra Starleaf Guest

When the children all seemed to scatter to the four winds Willow took that as her cue to return home. There was bread to make, chores to do and no one but her to do them. Keeping her head down Willow hurried down the road, she did not want to meet anyone on the way home however she did smile at a young lad seated on top of a wagon when she passed it. A few moments later she entered into her small cozy home, made of stone and mud with a thatched roof. Although it was small there was more than enough room for one person with a stone fireplace, large table and counter for cooking as well as some potted flowers inthe windowsill. Willow's bed was a small cot up against the far wall with brightly colored quilts she had made to pass the time in the evenings and a small chest held her meager clothing. She did not have much but what she did have was more than adequate for her needs, and she was handy at making things to help her get along. Willow put the flour away then started to get the mixings to make some bread for dinner, as she worked she sang a song in her head though no sound escaped her lips.

Kat sniffles her lip starts shaking and then she begins crying as she still looks at the boy "I.I.I am not playing, I was t.t.trying to hide and then fell getting stuck."

Lord Warren said a single word, said it with emphasis and sincerity. Tas was impressed. "Knights don't usually say words like that." - Dragons of a Fallen Sun

"Lift up your voice,
    Shout your praise.
    We love the Gods
    And they love us"

"Come on children you know what to do". The children started shouting, rather than singing but it had the same impact, the chorus while spinning around and jumping to the acoustic music.

"The Gods,
    The Gods,
    We all love the Gods."

Caleto chuckled as he saw children jump around onto the sand and on each other. He looked up and saw knights pass along the road, he thought it was time to try his war song. He started in a low tone, the voice held weakness and timidness, but as the song carried on, his voice grew stronger any only grew slightly in pitch.

"Look into their hearts,
    See their fear,
    Lift your eyes to appear
    Couragous,
    Honourable
    And invincible
    CHARGE"

Caleto suddenly became more energetic and enthusiatic as he reached the 'charge'. His voice powerful and strong booming out across the beach to the knights and anyone that could hear him. He continued his song, his voice slightly louder than the previous verse.

"Enemies of the knights beware,
    Good shall prevail
    Look at the eyes,
    They do not fear,
    CHARGE"

"Charge the good of man,
    Charge for your family
    Charge for your very lives
    Charge for Paladine
    CHARGE"
    It has been a long time

Heric watched the Elf start his song he had necer seen an elf befor he had only ever herd of them a grat mystery of the world. yet here one was singing in some backwater town Heric would have stared forever had he not been so tired.

Heric watched as the Knights marched out of the town he lent back on a truck and was tapping his fingures to the tune he could here it was a strong tune and made his blood boil to listern to it like it was a war hymn. the battle hymn inspired Heric even in his dreams a dream of being a knight.
    -Sticko, Dragonlance Nexus staff artist.

Under the winter skies
    We stand glorious!
    And with Oden on our side
    We are victorious!

Kat sniffles her lip starts shaking and then she begins crying as she still looks at the boy "I.I.I am not playing, I was t.t.trying to hide and then fell getting stuck...

"I am sorry to hear that," he pouted. Scratching his head he pointed to the girl, "How about khas? It is very difficult I hear, well at least the master says that."

Plopping down cross-legged he stared at the girl bobbing his head at her sway, "Oh, I am Norin by the way," he stated as a matter of fact.