Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SoS Unstatted NPCs

Default SoS Unstatted NPCs

This is a continuation of the project I began with Key of Destiny. Throughout the Age of Mortals trilogy of adventure there are NPCs that were not given stat blocks or significant background detail beyond a small role in the overall story. I figured if I'm statting up these characters for my own games it would be nice to share that information with the Dragonlance fan community at large and give others the opportunity to share material they've expanded or created for their own adventures.

Below you will find a list of NPCs from the 3.5 adventure Spectre of Sorrows by Cam Banks that need stat blocks. If you're interested in statting a character tell me via PM or post your interest on the thread itself. If no one is working on that NPC already then they're yours to work on. The priority is to give these characters stat blocks. However, anyone who volunteers to help with this endeavor is encouraged to expand the background material of these characters.

A few guidelines to consider:

1. Please stick to classes and races from the 3.5 PHB and 3.5 Dragonlance sourcebooks for these write-ups. Details of where any feats or class abilities not found in the PHB or DLCS can be found should be included in the character's write-up.

2. For purposes of this project I also ask that folks write the characters up "as is" - meaning as they first appear in the module. I'm not looking for crazy variations. If you have one though the Nexus likes itself some variety. Feel free to send it in anyway! I just likely won't include it as part of this project. The exception to this guideline would be upgrading a character to newer rules that didn't exist when the module was first published.

3. If you elect to expand a NPC's existing background or create new material I would ask that you read what information is available about the NPC you're writing about in the module carefully. The idea is to build on what's already there, not create a completely new personality or role for the character in the module. How the character came to be where they are or creating an extra adventure hook or two is a good place to start.

I've already statted a number of these NPCs for my own game and will be posting them as time permits (hence why my name is already next to more then a few of these guys). In the meantime here's the list of named characters, what we know about them, where you can find them in SoS, and who's already working on them. Completed characters appear in blue and have been linked to their Nexus Fan Rules page for your convenience.

Aldif Skyblade, phaethon elder (LN male phaethon monk 7/ranger 5 of Sirithos/elder phaethon 3), SoS p. 18 - by Tauren Kai-Jere
    Aranna the Alchemist, gnomish alchemist of Flotsam (N female gnome mystic 8), SoS p. 33 - by Drakey
    Alochtlixan Fields horse-healers, caretakers of the Wulfgar stables (nomadic human druid 2 of Habbakuk and mystic 2 of Animal), SoS p. 144 - by Drakey
    Berrak Blistergold, proprietor of The Golden Goose (CN male Neidar dwarf expert 6/fighter 3), SoS p. 29 - by Dorgyn Angylaxe
    Bridget Stubbletoes, cook and housekeeper of The Jetties (NG female afflicted kender rogue 5), SoS p. 32-33 - by Drakey
    Captain Kethak Hornblade, captain of The Bloodied Blade (LE male minotaur fighter 7/mariner 6), SoS p. 34 - by Spasseltock Nimblefingers
    Captain Lucan Kalthor, captain of The Seawraith (N male half-elf ranger 5/mariner 5), SoS p. 34 - by Drakey
    Chieftan Huldagh, ruler of Ogrebond (CE male ogre noble 3/fighter 9), SoS p. 55 - by Drakey
    Commander Viara Malquist, captain of The Dark Lady (LE female human mariner 6/Knight of the Lily 3) - by Drakey
    Derrin Wolfnose, feral kender refugee (CN male kender ranger 3), SoS p. 9 - by Dorgyn Angylaxe
    Fjona Goldstone, subpriest of Shinare's temple in Flotsam (LN female Daewar dwarf cleric 7 of Shinare) - by Ravenmantle
    Geon, co-owner of magic shop in Flotsam (CG male human sorcerer 9), SoS p. 33 - by Ravenmantle
    Gilly Stickyfingers, bossy kender refugee (CG female kender rogue 4), SoS p. 9 - by Dorgyn Angylaxe
    gnoll sub-chieftans, members of a wandering gnoll warband (CE gnoll fighters 3), SoS p. 132 - by Drakey
    gnoll warchief, leader of a wandering gnoll warband (CE gnoll fighter 6), SoS p. 132 - by Drakey
    Gnome Foreman Manifew, leader of gnome community outside Flotsam (N male gnome expert 12)[B] - by Drakey
    Hamgaf, one of Huldagh's three brothers (CE male ogre noble 5/rogue 5), SoS p. 55 - by Tauren Kai-Jere
    Hangash, one of Huldagh's three brothers (CE male ogre noble 2/barbarian 2/fighter 6), SoS p. 55 - by Drakey
    Horgab, one of Huldagh's three brothers (CE male ogre noble 2/fighter 7), SoS p. 55 - by Drakey
    Incuatla, priest of Mixactli (NG male nomadic human cleric 8 of Mishakal), SoS p. 144 - by Drakey
    Ivor Dulet, Dark Knight prisoner (LN male old civilized human expert 3), SoS p. 24 - by Sir Daniel Uth Jensen
    Kerra Whistlewalk, newly anointed cleric (female kender rogue 2/cleric 1 of Mishakal), SoS p. 9 - by Sir Daniel Uth Jensen
    Kimoc, leader of Wulfgar Jaguars (NG male nomadic human warrior 12), SoS p. 141 - by Drakey
    Loren, co-owner of magic shop in Flotsam (LG female half-elf wizard 5/White Wizard of High Sorcery 2) - by Tauren Kai-Jere
    Maliak, Flotsam Thieves Guild informant/beggar (male old half-goblin master 6/ruathar 3/dwarf-bonded stoneblessed 3/gnome-bonded stoneblessed 3/fist of the forest 3), SoS p. 33 - by Drakey
    Mayor Aylesworthy, mayor of Flotsam (LN female human expert 8), SoS p. 29 - by Drakey
    Murance Brandis, Dark Knight prisoner (NG male half-elf warrior 3), SoS p. 24 - by Sir Daniel Uth Jensen
    Olmechtla, priestess of Chabacuictli (NG female nomadic human cleric 11 of Habbakuk), SoS p. 140 - by Drakey
    Oriselm Flamebound, phaethon elder (LN male elder phaethon monk 6/sorcerer 9), SoS p. 18 - by Spasseltock Nimblefingers
    plains nomad champions, members of an undead hunting war party (nomadic human warriors 6), SoS p. 132 - by Drakey
    plains nomad chief rider, leader of an undead hunting war party (nomadic human ranger 6), SoS p. 132 - by Drakey
    plains nomad riders, members of an undead hunting war party (nomadic human warriors 2), SoS p. 132 - by Drakey
    Sekloga, owner of magic shop in Ogrebond (LE female ogre mage wizard 3), SoS p. 59 - by Drakey
    Shale Goldstone, mountain dwarf blacksmith (LN male Daewar fighter 5/expert 4), SoS p. 33 - by Ravenmantle
    Sir Terrance Ironclad, Solamnic circle commander in Wulfgar (LG male civilized human fighter 5/Knight of the Crown 3/inquisitor 3), SoS p. 140 & 143 - by Ravenmantle
    Telerie Dayspring, phaethon elder (LG female elder phaethon cleric 8 of Habbakuk/ranger 7), SoS p. 18 - by Tauren Kai-Jere
    Vixen, leader of Flotsam's Thieves Guild (female half-elf), SoS p. 30 - by Tauren Kai-Jere
    Wren Meadowlark, naive kender refugee (NG male kender rogue 2), SoS p. 9 - by Dorgyn Angylaxe
    Xipetlotec, Wulfgar palace magician (NG male nomadic human sorcerer 7/noble 3), SoS p. 140 - by Spasseltock Nimblefingers
    Zebak de Genjis, first mate on The Bloodied Blade (LE male minotaur mariner 6/minotaur marauder 3) - created by Spasseltock Nimblefingers
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 11-23-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Dave, would you be willing to let me work on Commander Viara Malquist? I'd also like to write up Captain Lucan Kalthor, Fjona Goldstone, Geon, Shale, and Sir Terrance Ironclad.
    Heine Kim Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmantle
    Dave, would you be willing to let me work on Commander Viara Malquist?
    Well, she's already finished and sitting on my computer waiting to be posted. However, I didn't write anything significant about her. I could always e-mail you the finished stat block and you you could tweak it and write-up a background to go with it. It could be a Tauren/Ravenmantle tag-team submission!

I'd also like to write up Captain Lucan Kalthor, Fjona Goldstone, Geon, Shale, and Sir Terrance Ironclad.
    There all yours sir! I'll put your name next to them on the master list. That should keep you busy for a while, huh?

Also, Henrad just PMed me and has laid claim to Aranna, Maliak, and Sekloga! At this rate the list will be divided up in a week!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 01-03-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    Head Moderator &

Stickied the thread.

Put me down for Bridget Stubbletoes and Mayor Aylesworthy.
    “There's always, always a choice. My options might really, truly suck, but that doesn't mean there isn't a choice.”

- Harry Dresden -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren_Kai-Jere View Post
    Well, she's already finished and sitting on my computer waiting to be posted. However, I didn't write anything significant about her. I could always e-mail you the finished stat block and you you could tweak it and write-up a background to go with it. It could be a Tauren/Ravenmantle tag-team submission!
    Sounds like a plan! : )
    Heine Kim Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Kendermage
    Stickied the thread.
    Thanks you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendermage
    Put me down for Bridget Stubbletoes and Mayor Aylesworthy.
    Sold! Thank you again kind sir!

Sounds like a plan! : )
    Excellent! I'll e-mail you the stat block sometime this evening once I get home from work.
    Head Moderator &

Put me up for Ivor Dulet
    "The elves have a saying: 'Only the dead are without fear.'"

—Tanis Half-Elven, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Done! Thanks for volunteering Daniel!

I myself am hoping to start posting the characters I've already statted (all the ones with my name next to them) sometime next month. How's everyone else coming along with their guys?
    Head Moderator &

Pretty much the same. Characters are coming along nicely in between school, a wee one, and various other gaming stuff, and I expect to be able to post my characters in February.
    Heine Kim Stick

Now the mecanical part of Ivor Dulet is finnished. I only need too make his background story
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 02-11-2010 at 02:38 PM.
    "The elves have a saying: 'Only the dead are without fear.'"

—Tanis Half-Elven, Dragons of Autumn Twilight