Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Couple of Questions

Question A Couple of Questions

While preparing two characters for advancement into prestige classes, I've noticed a couple of discrepancies and have a couple of questions.

1) The kender prestige class Nightstalker has a write up in the Age of Mortals with some prerequisites, but then my player found it in the Races of Ansalon as a beginning character class without any prerequisites. Which one should she be looking at if she decides to go this route?

2) There seem to be changes in the Solamnic Knight classes as well where prerequisites are concerned. In the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, it differs from that of the Knightly Orders of Ansalon. Particularly the fact that the Knights of the Sword are no longer required to have levels in Cleric/Mystic. Which should we be using for our soon to be knight, and are we seeing things correctly?

Thanks
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorgyn Angylaxe
    1) The kender prestige class Nightstalker has a write up in the Age of Mortals with some prerequisites, but then my player found it in the Races of Ansalon as a beginning character class without any prerequisites. Which one should she be looking at if she decides to go this route?
    The nightstalker base class from RoA is the most up to date version. Use that. Also, I restatted Shroud using that base class for the Unstatted KoD NPCs project. You can find that version on the appropriate sticky in the Gaming section.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorgyn Angylaxe
    2) There seem to be changes in the Solamnic Knight classes as well where prerequisites are concerned. In the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, it differs from that of the Knightly Orders of Ansalon. Particularly the fact that the Knights of the Sword are no longer required to have levels in Cleric/Mystic. Which should we be using for our soon to be knight, and are we seeing things correctly?
    Again, KOoA is the most up to date version. Use that one.

A number of things were changed by the crew at Sovereign Press/Margaret Weis Productions once they officially had the license to product material for Dragonlance. As a general rule of thumb the information included in the later source books supersedes that of the DLCS in later modules and gaming products.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Thanks Tauren...I really appreciate your help!
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

As Tauren says, always go with the newer stuff. We got better. By the end of our license, I was more or less hoping to be able to throw the whole DLCS out the window.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

In Key of Destiny, there are many doors with "Arcane Lock", which I have translated to be "Divine Lock" from the KoD errata. It says that only the followers of the same deity of the caster may pass through.

My question is: How do I determine which deity that caster followed? I have a cleric in the party who is a follower of Reorx. Would he be able to pass through the doors? Or maybe only certain doors? And if so, which ones?

I'm just looking for a little advice as to how to handle such doors on level 5 and their accessibility to the party. So far the group has only dealt with one such door, and I made them go through a wall (which in and of itself began with humor and nearly ended in tradgedy thanks to a well placed ooze!).

I would appreciate any advice anyone may have.

Thanks!
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:

It depends where the doors are. If they're in Hurim, it's probably Paladine.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks View Post

Cheers,
    Cam
      Spoiler: Or. . . 
    Or, if you assume the betrayer re-locked everything, its Chemosh. Either way, your dwarf cleric of Reorx ain't gettin' in without his axe!
    formerly known as "whoisrube"
    (no longer a minion. . .)

Cheers,
    Cam
    The party is in fact in the Shattered Temple in the Ruins of Hurim (sorry, I should have clarified this).

With Paladine unavailable, does this mean the party must overcome the doors by other means such as Knock, or other magical means, or going through the wall as I mentioned they did before?

I just want to have a clear understanding before the party encounters this situation this weekend, and the inevitable "discussion" breaks out...

Thanks again...
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:

I would personally allow any of the clerics of Light to pass through, but I also like the idea of them being re-locked by... less savory priests.

Cheers,
    Cam

I would personally allow any of the clerics of Light to pass through, but I also like the idea of them being re-locked by... less savory priests.

Cheers,
    Cam
    By doing what you suggest, it makes asking the previous questions moot!

Thanks to all for your advice, I really appreciate it. Now I just have to make it through to tomorrow nights game (tic...tock...tic...tock...)! I can't wait to see what they do next!
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games: