Thread: Stats for Dauroth

Default Stats for Dauroth

I'm working on statting up Dauroth, using the Pathfinder ruleset. I'm going back as far as I can, to Rise of the Titans, from 2nd Ed. for references to his power level. Based on what I can find in that book, he was a Wiz15/Cleric 12......which translates to about a 19th lvl character, on top of being an Ogre Titan derived from an Ogre Mage.

This will make him an Epic level character....about CR 29, which is 2 or 3 higher than Donnag was, I believe. I'm going with Sorc 5/Mystic4/Mystic Theurge 10.

Do Epic characters in Dragonlance have Epic level magic items? I'm not sure, whether he should have Epic equipment, or just regular level magic items.

Banshee

One thing I'll toss out just for your consideration.....rather than base him off of an Ogre mage (MM), consider using just Ogre, and applying the Primordial Giant template
    Don't believe everything you think.

What is the Primordial Giant Template? I haven't seen that. Is that on the Nexus? Hmmm.....I googled it, and found that it appears to be in Secrets of Xendrik. Is that the one you mean? Seems weaker and less arcane than an Ogre Mage, doesn't it?

I was going off of the Ogre Mage template, as in Rise of the Titans, where they talk about his history, they mention that he was an Ogre Magi, and that, when selecting other Ogres for the Ritual of Rebirth, he was very careful to ensure that none of the candidates were Ogre Magi, in order to minimize competition.

I've generally lurked around here for years, but haven't posted....I collected several of the Sovereign Press books, but never ended up running a campaign during 3E's lifespan...lately I've been digging into them, and seeing how just how good they are.

Banshee
    Last edited by Banshee; 10-24-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Yep, that's the one.

It is a bit weaker than the Ogre mage as written in the MM, but I think it fit's the feel of "throwbacks" in DL better....of course that's just my opinion

Just an idea : )
    Don't believe everything you think.

I've almost finished his stat block....the last thing I'll have to do is assign important items...

With respect to spells, what have we seen him do in the books?

Create Undead, teleport, drain the life out of someone, scry, use telekinesis, cause earthquakes, break or dispel enchantments...

Anything else?

Banshee