Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights 2 Mod

Default Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights 2 Mod

Greetings all, I have been working with various small Dragonlance Neverwinter Nights mods and I think I finally have enough experience to put one of my own together.

I personally am a modeller, writer, and a 2da worker. If you are familiar with NWN you'll know what I mean.

I am looking for anyone interested in helping out in anyway. I am looking for writers and character creators especially. You'll know from reading the Tales of the Lance source book that every character in the Dragonlance world is 3 dimensional and that takes a lot of man hours to create backstory for so many characters as well as the general plots of quests.

If you are not familiar with NWN2, it is really the cats meow of making a D&D style adventure. The new overland map system really brought the entire project together and allows for large scale adventures. I plan on starting in Solamnia and working out from there.

Again anyone interested in helping out send me a PM:

kurtis.weaver@live.com

Are you able to model in Draconians?
    "The enemy's gate is down." - Andrew "Ender" Wiggin.

"and someday fat innkeepers will bow to me." - Raistlin Majere

Default We wold all love to play a Draconian.

I can certainly model the draconians. The real challenge seems to be getting the whole thing in the game. What it really comes down to is modelling the armor and such. I have not tried it, but we pretty much have everything the game designers did at this point. I think I should be able to. I'll work on it and get back...

I'm a C++ programmer in an undergraduate program, how can I help.
    "The enemy's gate is down." - Andrew "Ender" Wiggin.

"and someday fat innkeepers will bow to me." - Raistlin Majere

Default Birds of a feather...

I'm in a senior game art and design student myself... A programmer is a commodity... : ). I suppose a good place to start on the programming side of the house would be scripting some sort of magic system based on the moons. Displaying the system in game should be easy if we find someone who can work with XML as the UI for the game is based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by pdubulous View Post
    I'm in a senior game art and design student myself... A programmer is a commodity... : ). I suppose a good place to start on the programming side of the house would be scripting some sort of magic system based on the moons. Displaying the system in game should be easy if we find someone who can work with XML as the UI for the game is based on that.
    Well, as a web designer I've got a limited understanding of XML. If things aren't too complex I suppose I could give you a hand.

I've been a software engineer for over 12 years now, and I have no idea what any of you are talking about. (Except XML. I know what that is.)
    - Clark Valentine

Fate Core - Latest incarnation of the Fate Roleplaying engine
    Fate Accelerated - Fate, but streamlined, trimmed back, and Accelerated!

Default The Skinny

LOL, Neverwinter Nights is a video game that was published in 2003 and was really the first modern D&D based video game to include a toolset that allowed players to create there own modules to share with friends. In fact it was the entire purpose of the game. It was very much a graph paper system and the various files were difficult to change, but if you wanted to create a Forgotten Realms video game, it was pretty easy.

NWN2 came out in 2006 and some big improvements were made. Everything is pretty easy to change and they made an overland map system in the lateset expansion that allows for large amounts of territory to be covered. I think the entire system is fantastic.

So there it is. I have been messing with NWN and NWN2 since they came out and I am trying to build a Dragonlance module.
    Last edited by pdubulous; 03-03-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Exclamation Developer Blog

For those interested, I have started a blog concerning the development of this module. You may find it here

http://dragonlancenights.wordpress.com/

Check it out and feel free to comment, critique, suggest...

Nice. I like. I might actually play NWN 2 when this is done.

Your turn.
    We are Dragonlance!

Sorrow's Explanation of THAC0 for the Mystically Inclined: "THAC0 is merely an infinitesimal quantity of the physical capability to intrude upon an object in four-dimensional space, by utilizing the unyielding laws of the universe rulebook."