Thread: (Land of the Minotaurs) – Ganth

Default (Land of the Minotaurs) – Ganth

I was, I have too admit, as shocked as Kaz to see his father alive. It was an absolute surprise, but not an unwelcome one. It is easy to see where Kaz gets it from, his ideals, his bravery, his bull-headed stubbornness! Ganth is totally awesome. The grizzled old sea dog, loving father is a great addition to the all ready great cast! Oh and I loved the fact Delbin thinks Ganth treats him like a Grandson.

I also loved the talk between Ganth and Kaz about the direction the minotaurs would head when they launched their attack, the early recognition of the potential of Istar.
    Only one thing worse than a dragon, Americans - Creedy, Reign of Fire
    Founder of the Raistlin Stole Fistandantilus' Glory Association
    Founding member of the Pro-Nancy Varian Berberick Association
    Change is neither good nor evil, it just is. Inevitable.
    I'm a bad boy - Lou Costello
    Dragonhelm is a thief, he stole my title

Kender_King Guest

The mental image of Delbin being Ganth's grandson brought a smile to my face too. LOL.

Novaximus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darcwulf
    I also loved the talk between Ganth and Kaz about the direction the minotaurs would head when they launched their attack, the early recognition of the potential of Istar.
    They both made sound arguements. The south would give the valuable building resources yet getting Istar out of the way on a surprise would have its benifits too. I suppose Istar is far from being the capital of the Ansalon at this point.

My opinion is they're probably going to attack both places at once. Although from a real earth point of view, two front battles are rarely won.

---------

Alas, we're talking about Ganth here. Maybe Richard wrote him to reflect his own father but to me Ganth is to ideal. He didn't once reprimand Kaz or act parentish in anyway. He's playing more of the buddy role and is way to liberal with the situation at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaximus
    Alas, we're talking about Ganth here. Maybe Richard wrote him to reflect his own father but to me Ganth is to ideal. He didn't once reprimand Kaz or act parentish in anyway. He's playing more of the buddy role and is way to liberal with the situation at hand.
    I see it as more that Ganth recognized that his children were now grown up and more than capable of making their own decisions, Kaz especially. Not to mention if they were as half as head strong as he is they probably wouldn't have listened anyway!

The death of Ganth was heartbreaking for me. There is an old saying that goes, “With age comes wisdom”. Ganth had wisdom by the bucket load. Ganth was just so cool, he saw and understood the flaws in the minotaur way of life, he understood the absurdity and cruelty of the “manifest destiny” of the minotaurs. Not too mention he could kick arse too, with the best of them. Oh and he had met both Sargas and Kiri Jolith (that is one story I'd like to read!). Although Ganth was a good warrior and good adventurer, his greatest achievements in my opinion was his family. He was a great husband and great father. Rest in peace noble minotaur, you earned it.
    Only one thing worse than a dragon, Americans - Creedy, Reign of Fire
    Founder of the Raistlin Stole Fistandantilus' Glory Association
    Founding member of the Pro-Nancy Varian Berberick Association
    Change is neither good nor evil, it just is. Inevitable.
    I'm a bad boy - Lou Costello
    Dragonhelm is a thief, he stole my title