Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hourglass Mage/Amazon Question

Default Hourglass Mage/Amazon Question

Hey, Iím a little confused. Iím getting a ton of questions about Hourglass Mage. We were told a while back that it hasnít been written, and yet I keep seeing it posted on Amazon as coming out in July and theyíre taking preorders.

Whatís going on?

EDIT: Per request, here is the Wizards of the Coast customer service line:

Customer Service Representative
    Wizards of the Coast
    1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
    425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
    Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
    Please remember to keep all communications civil and respectful. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dragonhelm; 03-03-2008 at 05:38 PM.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

It's not done. It's not coming out in July, and it hasn't even passed the highly developed outline stage yet.

Don't believe the sites, believe the Dark Queen.
    Other people chronicle the setting. I chronicle the culture.
    --
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. " -Benford's Law of Controversy
    ---
    The ultimate DL fan is a bodhisattva-one who has transcended fandom and collection sizes, and yet stays in fandom to help the love of others grow.

Because it got listed in WotC Catalog of products, which is what used by the distributors to order the items. Though despite that listing, it won't be making it.
    Pondering the Mysteries of Dragonlance
    Member of the Whitestone Council

Check out the Dragonlance Forum Chat. Right there next to Quick Link and Log Out on the top tool bar. See who's chatting too.

-SZ

Exclamation An Inconvenient Book

Well, we wish truth were happier...

Margaret and I have talked about this and are both deeply hurt and concerned. We donít want our fans or book buyers to be mislead. To be clear, the book has not been turned in as yet by us.

Further, we were just informed that Wizards of the Coast is not allowing us to turn in the manuscript -- in other words they donít even want to read it. We have seen the book being pre-sold as coming out in July with our names on it, but the plot described is not ours. If we havenít turned it in and they are refusing now to accept or even look at the manuscript from us ... we are at a complete loss as to what to think.

It certainly both puzzling and upsetting.

Tracy Hickman for both myself and Margaret Weis

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Hickman

Margaret and I have talked about this and are both deeply hurt and concerned. We donít want our fans or book buyers to be mislead. To be clear, the book has not been turned in as yet by us.

Further, we were just informed that Wizards of the Coast is not allowing us to turn in the manuscript -- in other words they donít even want to read it. We have seen the book being pre-sold as coming out in July with our names on it, but the plot described is not ours. If we havenít turned it in and they are refusing now to accept or even look at the manuscript from us ... we are at a complete loss as to what to think.

It certainly both puzzling and upsetting.

Tracy Hickman for both myself and Margaret Weis
    So...the book is not getting published?

You'd think Wizards would at least see the money to be made on capitalizating off of Dragonlance's most popular character.

Yet another brilliant move by Wizards.
    The future is unwritten.

Um. That is disturbing. I don't want to make judgments, but I hope Wizards is doing something out of foolish error rather than something more malicious.

:(
    "A payment. My life will simply be a payment. But only when all are free... My fault."
    - The Prophet, as recorded from testimony in FyxZharar, 431 AD

All must prepare. The Prophet has entered the war.

Projects (Dragonlance, and Non-DL):
    "The Dying Towers of Ryst: An Achanian Tale"
    "Chef Nightly" (iOS/Android)
    The Adlatum Project - Sourcebook Available
    Art of Psycha Durmont

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Hickman

We have seen the book being pre-sold as coming out in July with our names on it, but the plot described is not ours. If we havenít turned it in and they are refusing now to accept or even look at the manuscript from us ... we are at a complete loss as to what to think.
    I want to emphasize that Tracy speaks for both us.

Margaret

Who do we write to about this?

wow. That's beyond unprofessional. Yes, i know that wotc has precedence of having one author take over and write another author's books when something goes south, but come on now. This is Margaret and Tracy we're talking about, and its a book about raistlin. Who the hell else is going to step in and try to patch through the Chronicles?

This is utterly asinine. WotC needs to stop being ridiculous.
    Last edited by talinthas; 02-29-2008 at 08:53 PM.
    Other people chronicle the setting. I chronicle the culture.
    --
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. " -Benford's Law of Controversy
    ---
    The ultimate DL fan is a bodhisattva-one who has transcended fandom and collection sizes, and yet stays in fandom to help the love of others grow.

Quote Originally Posted by talinthas
    Who the hell else is going to step in and try to patch through the Chronicles?
    To any employee of Wizards of the Coast, I am sure Talinthas meant this question to be retorical. Never under any circumstance answer this question.

(Sorry, Tal. I felt the extreme need to make sure this was spelled out.)
    "A payment. My life will simply be a payment. But only when all are free... My fault."
    - The Prophet, as recorded from testimony in FyxZharar, 431 AD

All must prepare. The Prophet has entered the war.

Projects (Dragonlance, and Non-DL):
    "The Dying Towers of Ryst: An Achanian Tale"
    "Chef Nightly" (iOS/Android)
    The Adlatum Project - Sourcebook Available
    Art of Psycha Durmont