Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Champions of Krynn

Default Champions of Krynn

I have just started re-playing this SSI classic, and I was thinking it would be nice to run it as an AD&D campaign. I did it about 10 years ago, and it was a blast! Unfortunately I have lost all the notes since :(
    Did anyone do something like this who would share their notes, ideas, maps etc?

Thanks!
    Antonio
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. Never hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you [...] YOU ARE CREATOR AND FINAL ARBITER.
    E. G. Gygax, Dungeon Masters Guide, 1979.

WOW! I found the clue books and manuals on replacementdocs.com

I also found the clue books for Death Knights of Krynn.

I guess a full campaign can be launched from these!
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. Never hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you [...] YOU ARE CREATOR AND FINAL ARBITER.

The Kuo toa infested grounded Ship alone would be a cool adventure.
    Come visit www.rushhouradventures.com for fantasy, sci fi, and dramatic stories written and audio text. Input appreciated

Man, I think Death Knights of Krynn is the one I played. These are the gold box ones, right, or am I on crack? I got stuck at the lighthouse. Did everything I could (or thought I could) without that piece of the puzzle solved and never got further. :( Couldn't find any clues either.

i used to have death knights of krynn on a huge grampa floppy disk wish there was a version out there to download i loved that game man i dont even have a drive in my computer to put that grampas disk thats so old school
    -Sticko, Dragonlance Nexus staff artist.

Under the winter skies
    We stand glorious!
    And with Oden on our side
    We are victorious!

Quote Originally Posted by marius
    Man, I think Death Knights of Krynn is the one I played. These are the gold box ones, right, or am I on crack? I got stuck at the lighthouse. Did everything I could (or thought I could) without that piece of the puzzle solved and never got further. :( Couldn't find any clues either.
    Are you sure you're note talking about the lighthouse in Dark Queen of Krynn? I seem to recall someone asking about that same part. basically, the dying woman you find on the top floor tells you the clue. go to the bottom floor. there's a "spinner" that spins you in the opposite direction that you enter. you'd find the spot "under the front door" which teleports you to where you want to go.

Weldon
    Fanwank
    Formerly from Wikipedia, circa 2006-7,
    A fanwank is [...] an attempt by fans of a work of fiction to explain or justify plot holes or continuity errors, often through convoluted contrivances...

Quote Originally Posted by sticko_69
    i used to have death knights of krynn on a huge grampa floppy disk wish there was a version out there to download i loved that game man i dont even have a drive in my computer to put that grampas disk thats so old school
    They are available for free and legally! Go to www.the-underdogs.info and do a search.

How are you guys playing this, I downloaded a version of the games a while back.
    Created my party, and couldn't progress because my current computer doesn't have a b: !

Any help would be great.
    Rhiarion
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiarion
    How are you guys playing this, I downloaded a version of the games a while back.
    Created my party, and couldn't progress because my current computer doesn't have a b: !

Any help would be great.
    Hmmm...are you running the game under an emulator or directly under Windows?
    I tried it with dosbox and it works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by marius
    I guess Weldon is right, you are referring to Dark Queen of Krynn.

Except for the Taladas references, IMO it is the weakest of the three episodes. Too high level for a Dragonlance adventure.