Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragons of Winter errata

Default Dragons of Winter Errata

Just finished reading through the PDF and a few things have cropped up:

p.171 - The Ice Folk Barbarians are listed as Lawful Good. Since barbarians can't be lawful, I changed them to Neutral Good.

p.172 - A Juvenile White Dragon's bite is listed as 2d6+6. I believe it should be 1d8+6.

p.195 - Bor-Es Drago is listed as having HP: 76 (9HD). I believe it should be HP: 115 (14HD) based upon his class levels.

So all in all, small stuff. Overall, great job!! Can't wait for Spring.

Rube
    Last edited by Chris Knapp; 01-09-2008 at 06:18 PM.
    formerly known as "whoisrube"
    (no longer a minion. . .)

Having recently gone through pages and pages and pages of Spring entering corrections to stat blocks and rules content, I am hopeful that we'll be spared some of that stuff.

Glad you like it so far!

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Bakaris seems to be missing his stat block. Does it remain unchanged from the War of the Lance sourcebook?
    formerly known as "whoisrube"
    (no longer a minion. . .)

Quote Originally Posted by whoisrube
    Bakaris seems to be missing his stat block. Does it remain unchanged from the War of the Lance sourcebook?
    Pretty much. He doesn't really do much in the adventure, to be honest; if you don't mind using the stats in the War of the Lance sourcebook, just go with those. I'm sure he didn't get worked up as a stat block because there's no significant encounter with him (unlike the novels.)

Cheers,
    Cam
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Is the Tanis half of Winters Night in Dragons of Spring?
    "I am a Knight of Solamnia. I am the hand of Paladine, of Kiri-Jolith, and of Habbakuk on this world. You are on Krynn. You are mine, Queen of Darkness."
    —Huma Dragonbane, The Legend of Huma

I had hoped to see DoW correspond to DoA regarding the reason Laurana left Qualinesti, instead of keeping the original discrepancy. In DoA Laurana was kidnapped, but in DoW, as in the original and the novels, she wasn't kidnapped.
    I, Magus

"However, when it comes to the heroes, the player characters and their opponents, Krynn has the same level of magic as the Realms or Greyhawk." - Cam Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Solosan
    I had hoped to see DoW correspond to DoA regarding the reason Laurana left Qualinesti, instead of keeping the original discrepancy. In DoA Laurana was kidnapped, but in DoW, as in the original and the novels, she wasn't kidnapped.
    If you had been playing DoA already, this won't matter. If you start the campaign with DoW, then she's not assumed to have been kidnapped.

Cheers,
    Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    If you had been playing DoA already, this won't matter. If you start the campaign with DoW, then she's not assumed to have been kidnapped.

Cheers,
    Cam
    I see; it's one of those. Thanks Cam.
    I, Magus

"However, when it comes to the heroes, the player characters and their opponents, Krynn has the same level of magic as the Realms or Greyhawk." - Cam Banks

In Chapter 6, Encouter SD15 - Guardian of the Lance (p80), it is stated (in Treasure section) for the dragonlances : "See the Appendices for full descriptions of these weapons".

Well, I didn't find anything in the Appendices about the Dragonlances found here, but it's suggested later in the book that these are Lesser Dragonlance (from what the Gnomes says in the following chapter). Am I right ?

Actually, it seems the Heroes are not supposed to get a Greater Dragonlance anytime during the campaign either, as all other dragonlances found in DoS are also the Lesser version. I think it's coherent for game balance, but that greatly reduce the impact of Dragonlance discovery - I think I will let them get at least 1 Greater Lance somewhere (maybe in Silvanesti) , for them to enjoy the power of this mighty weapon against chromatic Dragons ...
    Edhil - One of the Last Mages

Also for the weapons that are listed in the appendices, I noticed that I could not find the stats for the sword and shield of Huma, and was wondering what the stats for them were.