Page 276 of 279 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279 LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 2784

Thread: New Members - Look here before posting!

Default Greetings

Hello all! I was a long time fan of Dragonlance, it being the series which not only first got me really involved in fantasy, but reading in general. Yet it oddly never occurred to me to search out other fans on the internet until recently. I'm immeasurably glad to find a community of people who like something which was such a huge factor in my teen years.

I like to roleplay and primarily do so through text, but am unfamiliar with D&D style games, so might need to address that before I try to get involved, and the niceties of such a style of gaming.

Welcome! Just curious, what sort of text roleplaying have you done (forum based, chat based, MUD/MUSH…)?

Forum based. Warcraft in fact over on the wowhead forums.

Welcome! Have a read over on our In Character Role play forums. That should help.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Default A heavy metal song based on Canticle of the dragon

Hello.
    I 'm new to this forum.
    It's been a long time I wanted to turn Canticle of the dragon into a epic heavy metal song.. I'd like to have the opinions of Dragonlance Fans who like this kind of music.

It's a demo version, so don't hesitate to tell me if there's mistakes in the lyrics or bad prononciation...english is not mothertongue (but for me, it's the official tongue for metal^^).

if you want to listen to it, here is the link:
    https://youtu.be/Wi1cvW-dvCU

Default 'Allo!

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening!

I recently stumbled across these forums by a link found while digging through TvTropes while at work and my eyes nearly popped out of my skull - I've been a fan of Dragonlance for a good long time now, having first been introduced to it through the 3.5 Dragonlance Campaign Setting - my fourth D&D book. It wasn't until after reading through it that I learned that there was a lot more to it than just a campaign setting and began my journey through the world - and it wasn't until long after I had read through them that I actually got to play in them through tabletop gaming. I certainly have some stories to tell, but I'd also love to tumble through both the tabletop and freeform RP you've got here: I've been belly-up for RP since I moved away from my long-running group!

I've been a tabletop gamer for a few years now, though the settings I've run and been involved with the longest have been Eberron, Rokugan, and the Inner Sea (with Rokugan being the setting of a seven year long game - the one most recently left behind).

I hope to see a few of you - and your characters, too!

We could always use reliable posting from fresh blood over on the ICRP forums, Wyrmling. You're welcome.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Default Greetings :)

Hello all, I've been reading Dragonlance novels for about 5 years, I have a small collection of 25 books. (Had a 3 year reading lapse somewhere in there with my little ones birth).

To be honest, I'm just looking to chat with like-minded people about the 'World of Krynn'. I've never met anybody in person to share my interests on this matter and I believe it's time to change that!(well, except that one time in high school when i was jokingly made fun of because of my 'Land of the Minotaurs' Novel...Oh well, Still one of my favorites!!! Love Kaz

I normally purchase my Dragonlance novels at local 'used book stores' so I normally don't stick in chronological order unless i get lucky and get to buy all three (Which surprisingly does happen ). Currently just finished 'Lost Histories IV: The Dragons'. I enjoyed it, I thought it was interesting to read a book from the perspective of Dragons and how they thought/Lived. I am currently reading Raistlin Chron. Vol 1
    'Soulforge' and it's turning out to be one of my favorites.
    Enough of my rambling, I'll be around.
    Zerok

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Dragonlance, with a friend of a friend recommending it to me last summer. I read Chronicles quickly and followed that with Legends and the Raistlin Chronicles. I'm sort of just reading bits and bats now, since after finishing Dragons of Summer Flame, I'm really unsure of reading any 5th Age books.

I also have a couple of the D&D books from a combination of cheapness and curiosity (I'm not amazing at D&D but I find the character stats interesting).

I've skipped around with the books without any negative side effects. I think it's a perfectly acceptable strategy.