Page 269 of 279 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2784

Thread: New Members - Look here before posting!

Quote Originally Posted by mathguy11235 View Post
    Hello everyone! This forum looks like the place to be if you like DL books so here I am. Just started listening to the canticle podcast and thought I would check this out.
    Great to have you!
    Keep your Lances held high.

Default Hello Everyone! love Dragonlance!

New member here. I have been a Dragonlance fan for some time, despite my frustrations with it in past years.

My name is TJ and I am a metal head and currently live in Finland doing photography and covering heavy metal bands by doing interviews, promo shoots, cd reviews etc.

So that's me in a nutshell!

Skullbone!
    Only one thing worse than a dragon, Americans - Creedy, Reign of Fire
    Founder of the Raistlin Stole Fistandantilus' Glory Association
    Founding member of the Pro-Nancy Varian Berberick Association
    Change is neither good nor evil, it just is. Inevitable.
    I'm a bad boy - Lou Costello
    Dragonhelm is a thief, he stole my title

Hiya...

Kinda new here...

I'm playing in Legacy of Blood thread, but I'm always looking for more In-Character Role-Playing, so if yer starting a new game or just need another player, gimme a holler

Quote Originally Posted by Drakestendor View Post
    Hiya...

Kinda new here...

I'm playing in Legacy of Blood thread, but I'm always looking for more In-Character Role-Playing, so if yer starting a new game or just need another player, gimme a holler
    Welcome to the Nexus!!

Default Hola from Ireland

Hi everyone, glad to find this place.

I started reading Dragonlance in the mid 80's when it first came out. Now I am enjoying the books all over again. Re-read the chronicles and have been buying loads of other ones I did not realise had been written.

Trying to get my kids into the books so they can enjoy them as much as I have.

I got into DL due to RPG with my friends when I was 11! Haven't done RPG for over 20 years ago except if you call playing Werewolf games on a poker forum RPG which they are a little.

Good to meet fellow DL fans

MrsFD!
    Only one thing worse than a dragon, Americans - Creedy, Reign of Fire
    Founder of the Raistlin Stole Fistandantilus' Glory Association
    Founding member of the Pro-Nancy Varian Berberick Association
    Change is neither good nor evil, it just is. Inevitable.
    I'm a bad boy - Lou Costello
    Dragonhelm is a thief, he stole my title

Quote Originally Posted by Darcwulf View Post
    MrsFD!
    Cheers for the welcome. My username is poker related rather than DL related! It's a shortened version of my poker forum name so they can't track me

You need to add the thanks button so we can thank a post and not just reply. Really handy!

Default Celebrating a decade with kenders

After hovering around this website for ten years, I've given into the temptation to sign up and join.

I started reading Dragonlance when my 8th grade teacher gave the class a Raistlin/Caramon short story. As an angsty "Nobody understands me" teenager I was hooked. I eventually spanned out to Forgotten Realms series as well, but Drizzt was too goody-two-shoes and too happy for me to really get into his character. Dragonlance characters, on the other hand... they really do have problems.

I've read the core books and Dragons of the Hourglass Mage (that did NOT impress me... surely becoming an archmage involves more than cleaning libraries, or am I just too affected by the impossible powers of Elminster?), plus a few here and there. Mostly involving Raistlin. I also ventured out into fanfiction as well, years ago, although the only ones I remember is the one about Tanis being gay with pink dragons (surprise surprise) and Raistlin as a seven-year-old (called The Majere Project). A recent revisit to some of my favourite DL sites told me they were closed down, so here I am, at what seems to be one of the few remaining bastions against Internet Oblivion.

I also sometimes visited the DL Persistent World on Neverwinter Nights engine, but alas they never were satisfactorily polished.

I'm considering picking up the series again, so suggestions on books is appreciated. I've read the background books on the Heroes of the Lance, although for the most part I just remember Flint trying to kick the gully dwarves out of the way.
    Last edited by GabrielleduVent; 11-16-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Welcome, GabrielleduVent !