Page 1 of 278 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members - Look here before posting!

Default New Members - Look here before posting!

Well, before you post a thread introducing yourself, look here. I have Uziel's permission and this thread shall henceforth be used as an introduction thread.

This is to eliminate the countless threads which (albeit fun, nice, and post count building) are taking up unnecessary space. So rather than have 500 threads saying "hi" in similar if not identical ways, we can have one thread with 500 similar if not identical ways of saying "hi".

You can talk about yourself, just say "hello" or you can simply pop in and see all the new members. You can give as much information or simply give a casual greetings and welcome to all those on the site. This isn't just for new members; old members can speak about themselves too!

Note: Please do not post numerous times greeting each and every new member. Just extend one general greeting

Hi everyone, I am Kendercommander! I hope to be talking, discussing, arguing (friendly) and role playing with some new members! I will be mostly in "the roleplaying forum" and "the common room". I've been reading Dragonlance since September 2002 and have been on these forums for about 4 months less.

So welcome to the forums everyone! Have a great time and don't upset the moderators!
    Last edited by kendercommander; 11-27-2004 at 09:08 PM.
    Na Zdraví!

Kendercommander (at) hotmail (dot) com

-K.T.

It's only free if your time is worthless - still pretty cheap ;-)

dalamar_thedark Guest

Thank you Kendy and Uziel for this awesome thread! I hate to have to type in a greeting every time this happens. So...

Greetings. I am a very OT person here, and so far I have the most posts on the forum! Go me! Anyways I would like to tell you that you shouldn't be like me, or you will upset the mods very much and you'll end up being kicked out of the site maybe. Not that it happens. Often.

Dal

Reghar Guest

Hmm...ok. Hey all. I'm Reghar. I'm comparitvely new to these boards, I guess, even though I have over 100 posts now. I really like it here - the mods are nice, the members are...reasonably likeable -and I'm sure you n00bs, newbs, and other assorted new guys will like it here too!

why? gonna stalk me...cause that would be awesome

hello new people. im dante and i've been at the boards since the first day/week that it came out, i don't know, but it was august. i can get off-topic very easily and sometimes i forget that they are private message and i get the mods irrataded (happened yesterday). been reading dragonlance for two years, started out with chronicles then legends then other books. um... everyone on the boards are really nice, members and mods, even though sometimes they can get on your nerves, they are still cool. glad that you are here and can chat DL with us.

if its okay if i can make a suggestion...should this put it all the forum thingys cause not all of the members come here?
    Last edited by Dante; 11-27-2004 at 11:28 PM.
    DIE YOUNG AND SAVE YOURSELF!!
    member #2 of the Anti-OTP, #1 of Pro-OTness, #2 of Anti-Repeated Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    um... everyone on the boards are really nice, members and mods, even though sometimes they can get on your nerves, they are still cool.
    Er...us mods get on ppl's nerves? *cries a little inside* :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    if its okay if i can make a suggestion...should this put it all the forum thingys cause not all of the members come here?
    There's no need for a thread like this one in every forum. If members post inappropriate or general things in other forums, myself and the other mods will redirect them here after locking the thread or PMing them, if necessary.

why? gonna stalk me...cause that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel
    Er...us mods get on ppl's nerves? *cries a little inside* :rolleyes:
    awww, im sorry. your cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel
    There's no need for a thread like this one in every forum. If members post inappropriate or general things in other forums, myself and the other mods will redirect them here after locking the thread or PMing them, if necessary.
    okey dokie.
    Last edited by Dante; 11-28-2004 at 01:33 AM.
    DIE YOUNG AND SAVE YOURSELF!!
    member #2 of the Anti-OTP, #1 of Pro-OTness, #2 of Anti-Repeated Threads

Sylvanas_Windrunner Guest

Greetings newbies, I am Sylvanas_Windrunner, forum junkie/WarcraftIII,WorldofWarcraft nerd/Banshee Queen. I spend my Time lurking in the forums and beating back admirers. I am also working on a secret project for the site here.

Remember, FREE COOKIES!!!!! for newbies in this thread.
    Last edited by Sylvanas_Windrunner; 12-03-2004 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Grammar

dalamar_thedark Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas_Windrunner
    Greetings newbies, I am Sylvanas_Windrunner, forum junkie/WarcraftIII,Worldof Warcraft nerd/Banshee Queen. I spend my Time lurking in the forums and beating back admirers. I am also working on a secret project for the site here.

Remember, FREE COOKIES!!!!! for newbies in this thread.
    awwww don't i wish i was a newbie. And Uziel you're kewl

I like to welcome everyone and I have milk to wash down those cookies!
    GAMING IS NOT A CRIME!

"I love you, you know that?"

"Ditto"

Huma.s.Gal Guest

Welcome to all new members.

I am Huma's Gal, beloved Silver Dragon to the fabulous and handsome Knight of Solmnia . I have been reading DL for many years. Hope that you all enjoy the forums.