Page 278 of 279 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279 LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 2783

Thread: New Members - Look here before posting!

If you are interested, give the threads in the subforum a read. If it sounds like a game that you'd really like to play, make sure that you have the relevant books for the game system that is being used (most likely that's going to be 1e D&D, 3.5 D&D, or my favorite, Pathfinder).

You can send a private message to the person acting as the Game Master for the game, or you can write a post in the Planner or Planning thread. That's a place for out of character discussion. If you love reading a game, a post in that game's planner is a wonderful compliment to everyone who is contributing.

Please don't post in the In-Character game threads. It isn't very polite, as it disrupts the flow of the story, can be confusing, and moderators like me have to get involved to move or delete inappropriate posts.

Happy Gaming!!
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

thank you very much for the help!

It's my pleasure to assist a fellow gamer. Right now I can't host a game in-person at a table, so the Dragonlance Forums are my only place to play. I love running and playing in play-by-forum games. The pace is way slower, but that allows you time to really write, and to participate in more than one game, which is unusual for the traditional role-playing gamer.

If you need any further help or advice, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

aubreygraham33 Guest

Hi
    I am Aburey and new to this forum. Glad to meet you all.

Hi Aubrey!!

Welcome to the DL boards! We hope that you like it around here. If you have any questions, feel free to send my a PM.

Welcome to all new members.

Hello everyone, I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks for allowing me to join. I am a fan of Dragon Lance and look forward to meeting everyone on the forums.

Welcome to the forums, Grimnox! If you're a fan of the Lance, I'd say you were in good company. You won't meet more dedicated folks anywhere else.

Default Hi!

Hi! I found this site the other day from Pinterest.

I was a fan of the Dragonlance books starting about thirteen years ago. I read the Chronicles while I was in Iraq and I got the Legends trilogy once I got home. I have read the Legend of Huma and Knights of the Rose but I stopped before reading further because there were so many books. From there I read the Drizzt books but I haven't found anything else from Forgotten Realms to read. The Legends were by far my favorites of all of these. Raistlin and Caramon were the best characters and the ones I personally liked the most. As much as I've enjoyed the books, I have never played a regular roleplaying game. I guess I just never met the right people, although I did have an uncle who played DnD back when I was a little kid. I think looking at his books and things is what sparked my interest.

I'm interested in finding out about the Dragonlance stories and I'm hoping that someday they do come back under a good author because there is a lot of material here to use!

Default Hello and Welcome from Maine!

Hello! I've been playing some 5th edition with my work friends, and I suddenly had a childhood flashback:

I remember sitting in the bookstore my aunt owned. I was in LOVE with the smell of all the old books, and being able to just pick up a book and be whisked off to another world. I distinctly remember picking up a Dragonlance novel (no, I can't remember which one), and absolutely LOVING the art. I didn't end up reading it, mainly because I was obsessed with Space Opera at the time, and I still am in some ways. Over the years, I've seen the Dragonlance logo around, most recently at Goodwill. I decided that I was going to pick these books back up and finally find out what I've been missing! I grabbed Chronicles and Legends, so I'm hoping to fall in love as so many here have!