Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members - Look here before posting!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Members - Look here before posting!

Well, before you post a thread introducing yourself, look here. I have Uziel's permission and this thread shall henceforth be used as an introduction thread.

This is to eliminate the countless threads which (albeit fun, nice, and post count building) are taking up unnecessary space. So rather than have 500 threads saying "hi" in similar if not identical ways, we can have one thread with 500 similar if not identical ways of saying "hi".

You can talk about yourself, just say "hello" or you can simply pop in and see all the new members. You can give as much information or simply give a casual greetings and welcome to all those on the site. This isn't just for new members; old members can speak about themselves too!

Note: Please do not post numerous times greeting each and every new member. Just extend one general greeting

Hi everyone, I am Kendercommander! I hope to be talking, discussing, arguing (friendly) and role playing with some new members! I will be mostly in "the roleplaying forum" and "the common room". I've been reading Dragonlance since September 2002 and have been on these forums for about 4 months less.

So welcome to the forums everyone! Have a great time and don't upset the moderators!
    Last edited by kendercommander; 11-27-2004 at 10:08 PM.
    Na ZdravÝ!

Kendercommander (at) hotmail (dot) com

-K.T.

It's only free if your time is worthless - still pretty cheap ;-)

dalamar_thedark Guest

Thank you Kendy and Uziel for this awesome thread! I hate to have to type in a greeting every time this happens. So...

Greetings. I am a very OT person here, and so far I have the most posts on the forum! Go me! Anyways I would like to tell you that you shouldn't be like me, or you will upset the mods very much and you'll end up being kicked out of the site maybe. Not that it happens. Often.

Dal

Reghar Guest

Hmm...ok. Hey all. I'm Reghar. I'm comparitvely new to these boards, I guess, even though I have over 100 posts now. I really like it here - the mods are nice, the members are...reasonably likeable -and I'm sure you n00bs, newbs, and other assorted new guys will like it here too!

why? gonna stalk me...cause that would be awesome

hello new people. im dante and i've been at the boards since the first day/week that it came out, i don't know, but it was august. i can get off-topic very easily and sometimes i forget that they are private message and i get the mods irrataded (happened yesterday). been reading dragonlance for two years, started out with chronicles then legends then other books. um... everyone on the boards are really nice, members and mods, even though sometimes they can get on your nerves, they are still cool. glad that you are here and can chat DL with us.

if its okay if i can make a suggestion...should this put it all the forum thingys cause not all of the members come here?
    Last edited by Dante; 11-28-2004 at 12:28 AM.
    DIE YOUNG AND SAVE YOURSELF!!
    member #2 of the Anti-OTP, #1 of Pro-OTness, #2 of Anti-Repeated Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    um... everyone on the boards are really nice, members and mods, even though sometimes they can get on your nerves, they are still cool.
    Er...us mods get on ppl's nerves? *cries a little inside* :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    if its okay if i can make a suggestion...should this put it all the forum thingys cause not all of the members come here?
    There's no need for a thread like this one in every forum. If members post inappropriate or general things in other forums, myself and the other mods will redirect them here after locking the thread or PMing them, if necessary.

why? gonna stalk me...cause that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel
    Er...us mods get on ppl's nerves? *cries a little inside* :rolleyes:
    awww, im sorry. your cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel
    There's no need for a thread like this one in every forum. If members post inappropriate or general things in other forums, myself and the other mods will redirect them here after locking the thread or PMing them, if necessary.
    okey dokie.
    Last edited by Dante; 11-28-2004 at 02:33 AM.
    DIE YOUNG AND SAVE YOURSELF!!
    member #2 of the Anti-OTP, #1 of Pro-OTness, #2 of Anti-Repeated Threads

chubbylemons Guest

can you rip your shirt off for me, please

Raynon Guest

Hello!

I guess I started off on the wrong foot, since this is my third post (lol).
    So, introducing myself. I've become a DL fan about 4 years ago, when a friend of mine showed me a novel (Dragons of Autumn Twilight) that he'd found in the University's Library. I wondered, back then, why in the world would they buy a DL novel? Until that day I had no idea about the Dragonlance setting, except the fact that there were lances that killed dragons (yeah!). So, anyway, I read it in a couple of weeks, I guess. Love at first sight one might say.

Last month I've finished Amber and Blood. I've got on my 'novels already read list' the following: Chronicles, Legends, Second Generation, Summer Flame, War of Souls, Lost Chronicles and Dark Disciple.

I was thinking now who my favourite character is. I thought of Raist, Sturm, Tas, Lauranna, Flint and so many others that I could not decide. Guess I'll join the undecided and say: the companions! (lol).
    By the way, draconians are cool!

Oh, and I should say I'm from Florianˇpolis, Brazil. So in advance I apologize for any grammar error.

Hope to get on well with everyone.
    Last edited by Raynon; 07-09-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Smile

This is my first post in this forum.
    It's been 3 years ago, when I heard about dragonlance, and I have been reading a lot of novels, and also some game books since then, and of course enjoying them a lot.
    I am not a gamer, haven't had any opportunity to try yet, but I love most of the novels, and I up to now have them all, actually.
    Unfortunately where I live now(which is in Austria), and before in Finland, I never met many people who read Dragonlance, or the other kind of fantasy I like btw. so I'm glad there is this forum. and, if they do, they read it in German translation, which I tried but returned to the original. most of the books never have been translated anyway. In fact, I noticed there where more DL books available in Finnish, than in German, funny thing.
    well, now I'm here, and as you probably all are, waiting for the 'Dragons of the Hourglass mage' book.

Umm.. This isn't the first post of mine, I didn't notice this topic. This is my second post, but I hope it's all right.

As you can see, my name in here is Apoletta, I'm a girl from Finland. I've loved fantasy books all my life (got started with Narnia and Harry Potters), but Dragonlance I've been knowing only few years or so.

So I read and draw fantasy, listen to music (mostly middle-aged, but I find also celtic music guite nice), study hard (foreign languages, history and geography are my favourites) and laugh a lot with my precious friends.

I read mostly in Finnish, but some of the Dragonlance books and most of the Dragonriders of Pern are only in English. But that's not a problem, I'm top of our class in English. But please don't get angry if my language isn't perfect!

You all sound like great and I hope I'll fit in too.