Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dragons of Krynn Errata

The Lightining Draconian racial class says it recieves paladin spells as level 8. What is the progression since it is ultimately equal to a 6th level paladin? I could do some creative guessing, but I guess I wanted to hear it from the official source.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    The Lightining Draconian racial class says it recieves paladin spells as level 8. What is the progression since it is ultimately equal to a 6th level paladin? I could do some creative guessing, but I guess I wanted to hear it from the official source.
    The standard lightning draconian has 6 HD and casts spells as a 6th level paladin.

The racial class has 11 levels, but not all of them advance HD. At 8th level (which is 4 HD) the lightning draconian starts casting spells like a paladin (a 4th level paladin, 0 1st-level spells but modified by a high Wisdom, caster level 2). When the lightning draconian's HD increases to 5, at 9th level, it casts like a 5th level paladin (which, really, doesn't change anything since caster level is half paladin level, and no new spell slots are gained), and when it gets 6 HD, it casts like a 6th level paladin (caster level 3rd, 1 1st-level paladin spell.)

Make sense?

Any paladin levels added to the lightning draconian stack with the levels he has from his HD. So, a lightning draconian paladin 6 has the spellcasting abilities of a 12th level paladin, but if you used the racial class, he's a 17th level character (11 levels of lightning draconian + 6 levels paladin.)

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Thanks, Cam!
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Default Venom Draconian

The Venom Draconian shows it's bite doing Con Damage. But the racial progression shows it having a bite that does dex damage. Which is it?

It was con damage in Bestiary and it's con damage in one of the Dragon of Krynn entries, so I expect it's a typo. No dex damage, only con initial and con secondary.
    formerly known as "whoisrube"
    (no longer a minion. . .)