Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nexus Wants Your Campaign Journal!

Default The Nexus Wants Your Campaign Journal!

Greetings!

We at the Nexus are always looking for more Dragonlance content to post on the site. As such, we'd very much like to post your campaign journals. Is this something you'd be interested in? If so, drop me a PM with the following information:

- Your pen name
    - Your real name
    - You email address
    - The name of your campaign journal
    - The name of each individual campaign journal entry and a link to the post in which the entry is featured

That's it! I'll do the rest. Once it's posted, all you have to do each time you have another entry posted in these forums is drop me a PM with a link to the new entry along with the name you want for the entry.

Here's an example of what a campaign journal COULD look like (for those unfamiliar with the Campaign Journals feature on the Nexus): Ravenmantle's Heroes of Destiny Campaign. Here's the link to the Campaign Journals section: Campaign Journals.

UPDATE: I've received a couple of PMs since I left the Nexus team asking me about campaign journals. Since I'm no longer a part of the Nexus team, I won't be able to help out with campaign journals. Please contact Dragonhelm or one of the moderators if you need assistance with campaign journals. Thanks!

Ravenmantle
    Last edited by Ravenmantle; 04-10-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Heine Kim Stick

Hello, Ravenmantle... and thanks for the offer!

Frankly, I'm inclined to agree, but if you have ever read my journal you'll notice it is quite... weird?
    I write down the journal in here: http://www.sothus.eu/viquipedia/inde...a_dels_mortals , it is a wiki environment where every player is invited to join (but let's face it: I carry 95% of the task ;-) )
    The problem is that we write our journa in our language, Catalan. Some time ago I tried automatic translation software from Catalan to English, as I don't feel like wriing the journal twice ;-)
    And I got this result: http://www.dragonlanceforums.com/for...ad.php?t=12161, frankly, I don't think it is the best English possible... ;-) so I stopped updating it.
    Obviously, if you ever open a "foreign campaigns", I'll be more than happy to join in!
    Unlive long, and prosper

I'll definately do something about this before our next game this weekend if I can!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

I will get something on there this week.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Knight of the WhiteRose Guest

just found this, (i'm slow ). this is a very cool feature. once i start actually running my game i will post a journel here for others to ignore... i mean read ofcourse! :p

there are some very nice journels done already, and alot of them too!

I'll work on this asap, although I have a bunch of updating to do to the journal. The players just last week finished the Shattered Temple, and I'm nowhere near that point in the journal...lol damn busy real life!
    Friendly Nexus Rules Editor

Send me some rules so I can edit and post them!!

Ail Guest

Hi, I found this link today and I have a couple of questions.

Do you accept player's logs, as opposed to Campaign journal? I mean, it seems campaign journals are written from the DM's perspective and that they are quite narratorial, like a script summary of what happened.

But in my case, I don't know everything that happened at the table, and I certainly don't know the other players' stats... I get to infer a bit, mainly the alignments, but that's because we've been playing for a long time.

So, I could only contribute the personal journal of a PC who's going through the campaign. Would that be ok?
    Another question that I think is important: how long should each session log be? I've had previous experience with another campaign and I got almost no feedback from people. I thought it was mainly due to the length of the logs, so I accept any and every tip you have to writing this kind of thing...

Alex
    Last edited by Ail; 09-22-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: an afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by Ail View Post
    Do you accept player's logs, as opposed to Campaign journal? I mean, it seems campaign journals are written from the DM's perspective and that they are quite narratorial, like a script summary of what happened.
    That's fine. Just as long as it doesn't read like fan fiction, it's good.

But in my case, I don't know everything that happened at the table, and I certainly don't know the other players' stats... I get to infer a bit, mainly the alignments, but that's because we've been playing for a long time.
    It'll still give DMs some story ideas.

So, I could only contribute the personal journal of a PC who's going through the campaign. Would that be ok?
    Sure thing. : )

Another question that I think is important: how long should each session log be? I've had previous experience with another campaign and I got almost no feedback from people. I thought it was mainly due to the length of the logs, so I accept any and every tip you have to writing this kind of thing...
    I've traditionally made each log be a nightly session. You might check the Nexus and see how the other campaign journals go.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Ail Guest

Thanks.

Anyway, I have to translate the whole thing, and since it is kind of big, I guess I'll just do it with something in the middle, send it to you and if the style is acceptable I'll try to do the whole thing from the beginning. Would that be ok? (I make no promises as to schedules)

Quote Originally Posted by Ail View Post
    Thanks.

Anyway, I have to translate the whole thing, and since it is kind of big, I guess I'll just do it with something in the middle, send it to you and if the style is acceptable I'll try to do the whole thing from the beginning. Would that be ok? (I make no promises as to schedules)
    Sounds good to me.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard