Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prestige classes and whatnot from War of the Lance

Cool Prestige classes and whatnot from War of the Lance

Please, those of you who possess the book, share with us some of the contents! I'm mostly interested in what prestige classes the book has, but whatever monsters and classic magic items the book has are also an interest of mine.

Also, what level are the companions? If you can, also reveal classes and alignments. I'm going to be running the original DL modules in 3.5, and I'd like to know this so I can describe the characters to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mícheál
    Please, those of you who possess the book, share with us some of the contents! I'm mostly interested in what prestige classes the book has, but whatever monsters and classic magic items the book has are also an interest of mine.

Also, what level are the companions? If you can, also reveal classes and alignments. I'm going to be running the original DL modules in 3.5, and I'd like to know this so I can describe the characters to the players.
    Prestige classes: chorister, dragon highlord, gnomish tinker, handler, minotaur marauder.

All of the original Innfellows are in the book, described as they are right before they head to Pax Tharkas and after Xak Tsaroth. They're 6th-level characters, even Tika and Gilthanas.

Cheers,
    Cam

Question

Do they still possess the following classes and alignments:

Tanis: NG fighter
    Caramon: LG fighter
    Raistlin: N wizard (is he a generalist?)
    Sturm: LG fighter
    Goldmoon: LG cleric (I suspect it is so, since her alignment in Age of Mortals was LG)
    Riverwind: LG ranger
    Flint: NG fighter
    Tasslehoff: N rogue
    Tika: NG rogue/fighter
    Gilthanas: CG fighter/wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mícheál
    Do they still possess the following classes and alignments:

Tanis: NG fighter
    Caramon: LG fighter
    Raistlin: N wizard (is he a generalist?)
    Sturm: LG fighter
    Goldmoon: LG cleric (I suspect it is so, since her alignment in Age of Mortals was LG)
    Riverwind: LG ranger
    Flint: NG fighter
    Tasslehoff: N rogue
    Tika: NG rogue/fighter
    Gilthanas: CG fighter/wizard
    For the most part these are correct. Flint now has levels in the master class. Tasslehoff has levels in the handler prestige class, Raistlin has a level in wizard of High Sorcery, Riverwind is a barbarian/ranger, and Gilthanas is a noble/wizard/fighter. Tasslehoff is neutral good, not neutral, but most of the other alignments should not have changed by much if any.

Cheers,
    Cam

I just wanted to comment on the WotL book for a sec. I appologize for saying this to many of the devoted fans who couldn't make GenCon this year...

WAR OF THE LANCE... R O C K S ! ! !

What a great book. I'm only 50 or so pages into it, but what a joy to read. A great looking book, with fine layout and excellent artwork. It's just THAT good IMO.

............................Omote
    FPQ
    "My God is weird. My God is scared. My God taints a pretty picture" ~ KT
    Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Castles & Crusades Society

Oh, and the new MASTER [CORE] Class is quite cool. A very nice class to fit into the Age of Despair era.

.......................................Omote
    FPQ
    "My God is weird. My God is scared. My God taints a pretty picture" ~ KT
    Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Castles & Crusades Society

Master of the Tower of HIgh Sorcery of Long Beach

Do they show the "Evolution" of the Hero's of the Lance as the books go on? For example, in the Star Wars Source Book, it continually updates the Hero's of the REbellion (Luke, Leia, Han, etc) with their stats right after Battle of Yavin, after THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACk, and at the end in RETURN OF THE JEDI, as well as even their stats in NEW JEDI ORDER. Something like that, where they show their stats and evolution from the time they meet up in the INN in Solace, all the way to their stats as they stagger out of the imploding TEMPLE OF THE QUEEN OF DARKNESS would be more substantial, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DmJoeSolarte
    Do they show the "Evolution" of the Hero's of the Lance as the books go on? For example, in the Star Wars Source Book, it continually updates the Hero's of the REbellion (Luke, Leia, Han, etc) with their stats right after Battle of Yavin, after THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACk, and at the end in RETURN OF THE JEDI, as well as even their stats in NEW JEDI ORDER. Something like that, where they show their stats and evolution from the time they meet up in the INN in Solace, all the way to their stats as they stagger out of the imploding TEMPLE OF THE QUEEN OF DARKNESS would be more substantial, I think.
    WotL is focused on this one time period, so there isn't a progression of stats like that. Some of these characters are in multiple eras as well, so their stats in other eras will be seen in other sourcebooks.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Whats the Master core class represent?
    I'm not asking for characters to be lawful stupid. I want characters who care, who want to be heroes, aren’t scared of doing the right thing, and players who try to help make the campaign more heroic.

The Chorister PrClass has me curious. What is that exactly?
    Embellishment is the Bard's brush