Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Races of Ansalon Errata

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    Dark elves in game terms are identical to the elven subrace they formerly belonged to.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Besides the Mawkwab, of course. They turn into different animals, but that is about it.
    Sallis the Silver Blaze
    Member of the Whitestone Council
    I don't want to be the bad guy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Koranith
    Is there any reason that the Handler PrC has the following skills as class skills?
    Looks like something got transposed when the class progression table was written up. They should have the same class skills they had in the War of the Lance sourcebook:

Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Decipher Script, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (local), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Tumble, Use Magic Device and Use Rope.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

On the Tinker Gnome, there is a new skill called Craft (tinkering). It's pretty obvious what it's for and does for us DL freaks, but if I were to write it up for the uninformed what sort of a description should I give it?
    Pain is good, it let's you know you're alive.

-Kornaith Bladesong
    Silvanesti Dark Elf (Wiz12/WoHS 4/Acm2)

Louisville didn't step into the 20th century, it was tossed, and it's been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st.

Is the removal of the Kagonesti CHA penalty the official update or did someone make a mistake? I have a player who wants his two points of CHA back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranthan
    I have a player who wants his two points of CHA back.
    I want to say "Give 'em to him" but I wrote that over 18 months ago. Cam, do you remember if that was intentional? I think it might have been, but I can't recall for certain.
    - Clark Valentine

Fate Core - Latest incarnation of the Fate Roleplaying engine
    Fate Accelerated - Fate, but streamlined, trimmed back, and Accelerated!

Quote Originally Posted by clarkvalentine
    I want to say "Give 'em to him" but I wrote that over 18 months ago. Cam, do you remember if that was intentional? I think it might have been, but I can't recall for certain.
    You bet it was intentional. Give him those points of Charisma!

Kagonesti were unfairly penalized, especially given the fact that most of them start out illiterate and the wild elves of other campaign settings are much more powerful without any change in level adjustment.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    You bet it was intentional. Give him those points of Charisma!
    Excellent! I thought so. We talked about several changes to DLCS racial stats, but I couldn't remember for certain if that was one we ended up going with.
    - Clark Valentine

Fate Core - Latest incarnation of the Fate Roleplaying engine
    Fate Accelerated - Fate, but streamlined, trimmed back, and Accelerated!

Thank you both, very much.

I need some clarification on the new way in which Irda shapechange. Is it like alter self? or is it basically an illusion? What qualities to they keep?

If it is very limited, then what is the point of the Irda shapechange racial feats (the first one)? What qualities would they gain from being a plant or ooze if they only superficially change into one? A bit of claification would be nice. I'm dumb. Could you spell it out for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ares
    I need some clarification on the new way in which Irda shapechange. Is it like alter self? or is it basically an illusion? What qualities to they keep?

If it is very limited, then what is the point of the Irda shapechange racial feats (the first one)? What qualities would they gain from being a plant or ooze if they only superficially change into one? A bit of claification would be nice. I'm dumb. Could you spell it out for me?
    They actually change shape. An Irda who changes into an ooze has the shape of an ooze. What doesn't change is the Irda's ability scores, supernatural abilities, etc. Look at the change shape entry in the Monster Manual (or on the www.d20srd.org website) for details. Irda get a +10 bonus to Disguise checks to pass themselves off as the thing they have changed into, because even though they're a different shape it's possible that something else will note that they're faking it.

Cheers,
    Cam