Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Races of Ansalon Errata

Kiss of Lethe Guest

The Ursoi Racial Traits listing on page 217/218 states the Ursoi has an ECL equal to 5 + his class levels. Seeing as the Ursoi already have 5 HD because of their racial HD, a +14 net attribute bonus and several useful features, shouldn't its level adjustment be at least +2 or +3 (for an ECL of 7 or 8 + its class levels)?
    Last edited by Kiss of Lethe; 07-11-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss of Lethe
    The Ursoi Racial Traits listing on page 217/218 states the Ursoi has an ECL equal to 5 + his class levels. Seeing as the Ursoi already have 5 HD because of their racial HD, a +14 net attribute bonus and several useful features, shouldn't its level adjustment be at least +2 or +3 (for an ECL of 7 or 8 + its class levels)?
    Yes, it's supposed to be 7 + class levels; the ursoi have a +2 level adjustment and 5 HD. The racial class table shows the correct ECL as it's a 7-level progression.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Exclamation Dark elves portrayed as a race in introduction to RoA

From the introduction in the Races of Ansalon sample:
    http://watermark.drivethrustuff.com/...946-sample.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pierson
    If you’re a dark elf, you’re going to have a much different outlook
    from a wild Kagonesti or a high-and-mighty Silvanesti.
    Chris seems to be suggesting that "dark elf" is a race (i.e. like drow), but I was under the impression that dark elf in Dragonlance was a term for outcast elves (from any elven subrace) rather than another subrace.

If this hasn't gone to the printers yet, you might want to consider giving this a tweak. If this is something that has already been fixed, it might be worth asking Drivethru to update their sample to something based on the corrected version.
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    Visit my Yahoo links for: Dragonlance websites, Taladas websites and Dragonlance web enhancements
    (If I am not here, you can find me at the Dragonlance forum at The Piazza or the Taladas and Otherlands forum at The Piazza.)

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac
    Chris seems to be suggesting that "dark elf" is a race (i.e. like drow), but I was under the impression that dark elf in Dragonlance was a term for outcast elves (from any elven subrace) rather than another subrace.
    I don't get that impression at all from what he says, and don't see any need for further clarification there. Dark elves may have different opinions and outlooks from other elves, because they're outcasts.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

This might be a little off topic but I have a quick question. Looking at the table of contents over at Drive thru rpg I noticed that while all the major races of DL are covered a lot of the minor races are not. Races like the Lucanesti and Hesti elves do not appear to be mentioned in this book at all (at least from what I can see on the table of contents). Any chance of getting official stats for these races before SP's license runs out.
    After a couple of wild nights on Babylon 5, I stopped by Med Lab and the Doctor told me I had Lurkers in my Down Below.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    I don't get that impression at all from what he says, and don't see any need for further clarification there.
    Fair enough. You lot are in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    Dark elves may have different opinions and outlooks from other elves, because they're outcasts.
    My problem wasn't really with Chris using "different outlook" it was with him talking about dark elves as if they are similar to each other.

Dark elves are "other types of elves". They are Kagonesti or Silvanesti elves (or elves from any of the other subraces) that have become outcasts. The would have the same culture, languages and starting stats as one of the Dragonlance elves. They would change at the point they become an outcast, but would retain their former knowledge and might still hold some or all of the views they held before they were outcasts.

So a Silvanesti dark elf might have more in common with regular Silvanesti elves than with a Kagonesti dark elf.

I would say that in D&D terms "Dark Elf" should be an acquired template that can be added to any elven DL race. You should get a different type of dark elf from every different race of elves (including the aquatic elves). (This is actually a lot more interesting that drow, because there is only one type of drow.)
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    Visit my Yahoo links for: Dragonlance websites, Taladas websites and Dragonlance web enhancements
    (If I am not here, you can find me at the Dragonlance forum at The Piazza or the Taladas and Otherlands forum at The Piazza.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brinebeast
    This might be a little off topic but I have a quick question. Looking at the table of contents over at Drive thru rpg I noticed that while all the major races of DL are covered a lot of the minor races are not. Races like the Lucanesti and Hesti elves do not appear to be mentioned in this book at all (at least from what I can see on the table of contents). Any chance of getting official stats for these races before SP's license runs out.
    If it's not in Races of Ansalon or Dragons of Krynn, we probably don't support it continuity-wise. In fact, I am pretty sure we don't support those two elven offshoots at all - they never appear again in the novels and seem to have been two attempts at more or less the same thing, an "underground" elf race.

Cheers,
    Cam

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac
    I would say that in D&D terms "Dark Elf" should be an acquired template that can be added to any elven DL race. You should get a different type of dark elf from every different race of elves (including the aquatic elves). (This is actually a lot more interesting that drow, because there is only one type of drow.)
    Dark elves in game terms are identical to the elven subrace they formerly belonged to.

Cheers,
    Cam

Question Irda question?

Seems very interresting and, as all the Dragonlance books, I will try to buy it when it will be released here (in 2010 :rolleyes: )
    But, I play Dragonlance two-three times a week and I have an Irda (nobody knows that she's not a human...). She had to transform in my last game and she choose to be a Locathah to fake that she was dying from lack of water in a kind of cell so she had to be released. If I read well in the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, she has the Natural Armor bonus of the creature but not anything else and her clothes doesn't change.
    Does that rule stay the same?
    In fact, for a Level Adjustment+2, I always tought that the Irda is not very powerful. Great to make stories and useful in a city full of intrigue, like my own but almost weaker than a human (after all, she can't use any of her weak spell-like in front of witness).
    Thank you for any help
    Storytelling Evil and Good games in Lemish during the War of the Lance....
    A Storyteller is not a sadist; he's only a cruel god who wants to share experiences...

Is there any reason that the Handler PrC has the following skills as class skills?
    Concentration
    Craft
    Diplomacy (this ones a maybe)
    Knowledge (arcana)
    Knowledge (religion)
    Profession
    Spellcraft

Also I'd think they'd have the following as class skills
    Jump
    Tumble
    Pain is good, it let's you know you're alive.

-Kornaith Bladesong
    Silvanesti Dark Elf (Wiz12/WoHS 4/Acm2)

Louisville didn't step into the 20th century, it was tossed, and it's been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st.