Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Races of Ansalon Errata

Default Races of Ansalon Errata

So far I've noticed one major error: There's no table for armor in the appendix.
    TWS

Hate to report errata (and this is more of a clarification) when all I know is based on discussing it with somebody who has it... but apparently one of the dwarven races had a third level ability that had them swap out a third level spell slot... Seems a bit early to be doing that?

I understand that p. 110 has a reference to "mixed singles" when it should be "mixed signals". Humorous.

There was also some confusion over weapon familiarity, does it make the weapons simple or martial for the correct races?

Again, sorry if these are just bad second hand info, but just something I thought I should point out (especially if the first one is a typo that could still be fixed easily, maybe?)

p195 the Irda are described as having a "detect language" spell-like ability. I assume this should read "detect magic."

Quote Originally Posted by Marks4trying
    p195 the Irda are described as having a "detect language" spell-like ability. I assume this should read "detect magic."
    Yep!

It's a good thing most of these are self-explanatory.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

The Handler table (page 156) base attack bonus appear to be incorrect.

Level Base Attack Bonus
    8th +6
    9th +6
    10th +7

Should be

+6/+1
    +6/+1
    +7/+2
    Then the horror burst from the well--the horror of his fevered nightmares. Riverwind closed his eyes and saw no more.
    It was a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by maladaar
    The Handler table (page 156) base attack bonus appear to be incorrect.

Level Base Attack Bonus
    8th +6
    9th +6
    10th +7

Should be

+6/+1
    +6/+1
    +7/+2
    Prestige classes don't actually include the iterative attack information. You add the listed attack bonus to the attack bonus of your base class(es) to get the final number, and then simply take -5 off each until you arrive at the normal number of additional attacks.

If you find PrCs with iterative attack bonuses listed, then those are actually in error.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Oops...thanks for the clarification.
    Then the horror burst from the well--the horror of his fevered nightmares. Riverwind closed his eyes and saw no more.
    It was a dragon.

DameCerulean Guest

Default Are Kender Threatening...to anything but sanity?

[COLOR=Blue]Hey folks,

I'm trying to enter the kender and the Nightstalker prestige class into my DMGenie software. They keep asking for a CR rating...can't find one anywhere. Not in Bestiary, Not in Campaign book, not in Age of Mortals. Any ideas...or do I dare ask?
    Last edited by DameCerulean; 07-07-2007 at 09:27 PM.

I'm not sure what you mean. Kender are just another race, like any other with no LA - the CR of a kender character generally equals its character level.

Nightstalker is jsut a class, and as such CR doesn't really apply to it.
    - Clark Valentine

Fate Core - Latest incarnation of the Fate Roleplaying engine
    Fate Accelerated - Fate, but streamlined, trimmed back, and Accelerated!

DameCerulean,

The correct answer for the DMGenie is as follows.

A kender without any Class levels is 0.5 CR.

If you are creating a kender with class levels then the CR = the class levels--such as a kender Rogue 4/Handler 1 would be a CR 5 in DMGenie.
    It was a dragon.