Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: DL Author We Have a Question For You

Quote Originally Posted by RAK
    Concernng the question about minotaurs, I've been fascinated about them since first reading Greek mythology. When I discovered that there was a whole race of them on Krynn, I though, how different from most fantasy. I read that they were supposed to be beasts, yet they were supposed to have a rich civilization. Once I started delving into them, it just steamrolled...or bulldozed.

Thanks for answering that question for me.
    Let me be the goblin. Pleeasssse Flint let me. GOBLIN!!! -Tas-

Wow! I thought there would be more questions by now!

Well, here are some (there can be some spoilers so watch out!!!):

To Paul and Tonya regarding Elven Exiles:

In Alliances elves commit suicide. For a race that has always been portrayed as big lovers of life above anything else, do you think that current events- such a desperate time for elves that is- might have change their psychology?

I have many questions about Elven Exiles but I think Iīll have to wait until September (though it is really hard to wait, believe me!!! :( )

Also you are, to elves what Richard A. Knaak is to minotaurs, in my opinion. Is there any particular reason for this? Would you like to explore any other race or nation in the near future?

And one last note: I am currently reading the second book of the Ergoth Trilogy and I must say it is brilliant as well! Thanks for yet another great job! I love the way you portray characters in all your books. They are all so different and special... (I might have some more questions when I finish this trilogy :P)

To Chris Pierson regarding Kingpriest and Taladas trilogies:

Both Cathan and Forlo have recurrent nightmares. I am curious about any particular reason behind this shared element. Did you get the inspiration from a personal experience or are dreams something you enjoy exploring?

Also I loved the depth you gave to Istar. If you could choose another region or nation (either in Ansalon or Taladas) to do the same, which would that be? And one more: have you created any language for Taladas? I know itīs a hard work but I really love what you did with Istaran.

The sample chapter for Shadow of the Flame looks great. I am getting the novel this week and canīt really wait! Aurim looks very nice!!!

To Mary Herbert:

Mary, when me and my friends interviewed you for our website we asked you about your future plans in DL and you told us you were working on a short story about Linsha and the dragonlets. Now that the short story is available to us, Iīd like to ask you the same question. I am looking forward to see what you have in store for us!!

Actually, I would ask this to all of you, but considering Paul and Tonya are still waiting for their last book to be released and Chris has just released his, I think I might have to wait a bit :P But I am eager to know what will you show us next!

So to all of you thank you so much for your work! I really love your contributions to DL.

Regards

Smile Chris Pierson

I was wondering since i have read all of the Taladas books.... well actually I have to wait till the 23rd of June for "Shadow of the Flame" since that is my b-day, but I was wodnering becuase in this trilogy the plot and background of most of the characters is a dark and somewhat murderous. Especially Forlo when (SPOILER ALERT just incase) he killed all of those children in the past. I was wondering how you set that up? I have heard from other authors that certain things inspired them to make the character like that but I was just wondering why almost all the characters had lost someone and were somewhat dark: examples :
    Essana: captured and slightly tortured by the brethern of Maladar.
    Shedara: loses the leader (name slipped my mind, sincerest apologies).
    Hult: loses basically his enitre life in the Battle of the Run.
    Forlo: well his entire past is filled with death and war.

Just wondering where this all came from?
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
    (Benjamin Franklin)

To Rak

It's pretty apparent you seem to be the expert of all things Minatour in the Dragonlance realm. "Possibly soon to be the Ogre expert too." How much time and effort have you spent studying these races to bring them to life in your various books? I think you deserve alot of credit for the work you've done. I found the Minatour Series to be a incredibly refreshing read and am looking forward to the next series in a big way.

Thanks
    Troy
    "Oblivion is it? Once I believed that. Once I feared the darkness, and thus she kept her hold on me. Now I know differently. Death is not oblivion. Death frees the soul to travel onward."

To Chris Pierson

Is there any thoughts of continuing Brom's story from the Kingpriest Trilogy?

Richard, in Night of Blood, on p. 113 a ship called Gryphon's Wing gets wrecked by a huge fish during a strong storm. What was the importance of this?
    Then, on p. 152, the island where Rahm's wife and son are staying gets hit by a storm of burning rain. What brought the burning rain?
    Lastly, was Gaerth a Kazelati?
    Kith Koby, Speaker of the Sun and Stars.

"And thy renown went forth among the nations for thy beauty;
    for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord God." -Ezekiel, XVI, 14.

"From the Devil they come and to the Devil they will go." - Bernard of Clairvaux.

"Auta i lome!" - "Day shall come again!"

cpierson Guest

Wow. A lot of questions for me. I should check this board more often -- sorry about that.

Pyrite07: I'm hoping there'll be more books set in Taladas. There are definitely a lot more stories to be told. That's more of a question for the Books Department, though.

Devyn: I'd like to see the afflicted kender storyling continuing, but I don't know where it stands right now. The timeline's moved forward since Spirit of the Wind, and I'm not sure if there's much drive to do stories set in the early Age of Mortals, as opposed to post-War of Souls.

Iyuke: The dreams are really more of a coincidence. For the KP trilogy, the themes were overtly religious, so prophetic dreams are part of the mix, even though people completely misread them. For Taladas, Forlo's dreams were actually originally described as they happened, at the beginning of the book, but it felt like it was delaying the main narrative thrust of the book too much, so I figured flashbacks were the way to go. And the dream aspect gave me a chance to involve Shedara and give a bit more texture to the friendship between Forlo and Grath.

Iyuke Part 2: I'd love to go back and flesh out Aurim some more. The little tastes I allowed myself in Shadow made me excited about its possibilities. On Ansalon, I'd love to see more of Khur. It hardly appears at all in any of the stories, and I think there's some real possibility there for barbaric fun. And no, I haven't done any other languages besides Istaran. Maybe someday.

Raziel: The intent from the word go was for the Taladas trilogy to be darker and more brutal than a lot of stuff in Ansalon, because Taladas kinda got the harsh end of the stick when the Cataclysm/Destruction hit. My editor and I agreed on being more in line with pulp writers like Robert E. Howard and Michael Moorcock, and if you know anything about them, you know there's a lot of torment in their stories. I also wanted to tell a story where the heroes really aren't nice people all the time, which is why you have moments like the payoff of Forlo and Rekhaz in Trail of the Black Wyrm, and where they're suddenly deprived of things they thought they could rely on, such as Thalaniya the Voice, or Azar the Keeper, to make them have to cope with situations on their own. Don't worry, I'm actually a fairly content guy.

Darth Fisty: I think we've heard all we're going to hear about Brom. I've always envisioned both him and Wentha as disappearing into the mayhem after the Cataclysm. That said, there's always a possibility of, say, a short story.

Quote Originally Posted by cpierson
    Wow. A lot of questions for me. I should check this board more often -- sorry about that.

Raziel: The intent from the word go was for the Taladas trilogy to be darker and more brutal than a lot of stuff in Ansalon, because Taladas kinda got the harsh end of the stick when the Cataclysm/Destruction hit. My editor and I agreed on being more in line with pulp writers like Robert E. Howard and Michael Moorcock, and if you know anything about them, you know there's a lot of torment in their stories. I also wanted to tell a story where the heroes really aren't nice people all the time, which is why you have moments like the payoff of Forlo and Rekhaz in Trail of the Black Wyrm, and where they're suddenly deprived of things they thought they could rely on, such as Thalaniya the Voice, or Azar the Keeper, to make them have to cope with situations on their own. Don't worry, I'm actually a fairly content guy.

Darth Fisty: I think we've heard all we're going to hear about Brom. I've always envisioned both him and Wentha as disappearing into the mayhem after the Cataclysm. That said, there's always a possibility of, say, a short story.
    Thanks a lot! I finished reading Shadow of the Flame yesterday and i have to say that it is great. I like it a lot.
    SPOILER WARNING! (SORRY FOR NOT PUTTING IT BEFORE!) :o

I was wondering though. Since maladar had created the statue warriors wouldnt they have been destroyed when maladar was. Becuase he rose Aurim out of his magic only also so if that collapsed then shouldnt the Voi also collapse on themsleves since Maladar has been defeated.

(Changed text above to white to avoid spoilers. Highlight text to see what's said. -- Cam)
    Last edited by Cam Banks; 07-06-2007 at 05:43 PM.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
    (Benjamin Franklin)

Bah! Way to ruin the ending! Post spoiler warnings!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by toddler
    Bah! Way to ruin the ending! Post spoiler warnings!
    SORRY! MY BAD! :o
    (Benjamin Franklin)