Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Legends?

I was all for the new leatherbound edition until I found out that it had Keith Parkinson images. Not that they arent awesome in their own right but Elmore's vision helped shape my own so I dont want chronicles without one of his covers. Im hoping that if they do Legends theyll feature his art.
    Quenta solari nen heth y mori

-Sari

"We will sing the hero songs ourselves"
    -Steel Brightblade

Ristalinthas Guest

So that means the leatherbound edition comes with illustrations? Are they old pictures or especially made for it?

Mostly old, but there was one I'd never seen before which some people have said is not really meant to be a DL illustration. As Sari said, they are all by Keith Parkinson as the book was meant to be a tribute to him after his death.
    Sitting on Cyan...

Khaisai recommends: Film - Horns Music - The Beards Book - As You Wish

Talking

I started to buy the leather chronicles, and was hoping a legends was on the way, but now.... Im sorry but 75 bucks for a book is absurd. Sometimes I just get the feeling the people behind these choices are laughing at us. I may be wrong though. Ill wait til I can find a cheap copy on eBay sometime.
    The stars would fall from heaven and the gods would faint in horror if diplomats started speaking the truth- Sithel
    I've got better things to do tonight than die!-Springer
    "..before my time but Ive been told, you never come back from Copperhead Road"
    Currently reading: Transformers: Exodus

Quote Originally Posted by Ristalinthas
    So that means the leatherbound edition comes with illustrations? Are they old pictures or especially made for it?
    The artwork featured on the color plates is done by the late Keith Parkinson. They were included in the book as a tribute to Mr Parkinson who helped shaped the visual aspect of Dragonlance along with Larry Elmore, Jeff Easley, and others.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyIFoundThis
    Ill wait til I can find a cheap copy on eBay sometime.
    You can get it from Amazon.com (via the Nexus) for $47 (HERE).

Ravenmantle
    Last edited by Ravenmantle; 12-19-2006 at 05:57 AM.
    Heine Kim Stick

which is only little more than 15 bucks per book, so it's pretty reasonable for what you get, especially if you are in need of a copy of chronicles (like I am)
    Friendly Nexus Rules Editor

Send me some rules so I can edit and post them!!

Quote Originally Posted by talinthas
    god. just thinking about that leatherbound copy makes me mad. It's flagrant abuse of the good will of diehard fans.
    I don't mind them just doing a leather copy, 'cause I can "just say 'no'" (and I did). What would really bother me, is some minor content addition (like a bonus 16 pages of just before or after the common version of the series) that made me feel like I was being forced to buy it to read this new "official" version.
    cyberia

"it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."
    My D&D/Dragonlance Gaming Blog