Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: Age of Mortals Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Hall
    I couldn't find the ceiling height listed for Bastion.

I'm particularly interested in the grand gallery's height top to bottom and from level to level. At least one PC is certain to cast fly when they are swarmed by xill upon their entrance.

I think I'll leave it open to the gray for the most part and especially in the outer coronet, but is there anywhere that there should be ceilings? Maybe in the ternions or somewhere within the inner coronet?

Thank you for the help! Hope I'm not being a gadfly :(
    I think everywhere inside Bastion should have ceilings, otherwise large monsters will eat you and everyone will wind up lost in the Gray and falling until they splat. Without ceilings its a pretty lousy wizardly outpost and eventually base of operations for the party. The only place that should be open to the Gray in Bastion in my opinion are the balconies. The rest of it should definitely be covered!

As far as the Grand Gallery goes, I generally suppose ten feet for your average ceiling. I would then add another ten feet for the third floor since it looks taller in the diagram in the module. I would say the ceiling in there would be at least forty feet tall. Cam might have a better idea if he spots this.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Yeah, they're pretty high ceilings. I always thought about the cathedrals and galleries in Rome when I was designing this part of the adventure. Really tall vaulted hallways and echoes everywhere.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Default Gilthanas and Silvara

My group is nearing the end of the campaign, and the group's elven paladin, who grew up with Gilthanas as his role model, decided to kill Gilthanas so that his actions in the service of Frost would remain a secret and not dishearten the struggling eleven race. How could/should Silvara react to this when she finds out?

My players are playing the Prodigal Son ending. Where in the Berg is Silvara?

Silvara should be imprisoned in the cage on the other side of Frost's Lair. You can find that information in the Rimeberg section. Honestly, Silvara is a very sensitive Silver Dragon. I wouldn't think she would be enraged, just more sad. It all depends on what she finds out about how Gilthanas was killed. Did the paladin exhaust all attempts at redemption? She's old school, so if it fits within the precepts of paladin's code then it should be fine. If anything, she should help in the fight against Frost.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Ah yes, I completely overlooked that she was imprisoned there.

I have never read the novels about Silvara and Gilthanas, so I have no idea what personality Silvara has. It is easier with Gilthanas as the chapter with the Dragon and the Elflord describes him well. I was specifically looking for input if Silvara should try to take revenge over the character who killed Gilthanas, refuse to help against frost, or ally herself with the heroes. Of course, how much information the characters reveal about Gilthanas' death should be a major factor when considering the role play encounter with Silvara.

The group never met Gilthanas during the hunt for skulls, so I placed Gilthanas in Bastion where he supposedly went to get he skulls that the characters had retrieved. Instead he tried to ally himself with the characters and told them everything he knew. The conversation ended with the duel. I ruled that the paladin felt from grace as his action was a political one to spare the hard tried elven people but not an action that's his religious dogma could condone.

Wow, very interesting. I don't see Silvara wanting vengeance, but more forlorn or even beside herself with grief. Of course with the fate of the world hanging in the balance, I feel like she would help.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Cam:

after reading the big big fight with Frost in Tauren's journal, I have a question.

why doesn't Frost have Combat Reflexes??
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Probably because he has a 10 Dexterity.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Yeah, that'd do it.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Those prerequisites, man. They get you every time.

Interestingly there were a handful of occasions I went off-stat with dragons in that series. I think, for example, that Fume has a higher than 10 Dex. Otherwise, EVERY DRAGON in 3.5 has a 10 Dex.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!