Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Mortals Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    I leave them to Kevin.
    I'd like to read a story about a noble draconian on the run from a BŁndesphar pack.

The Whitescale Society, believe it or not, comes from my love of those vast networks of ninjas and/or henchmen that pulp masterminds tend to have. Sort of how Blofeld has SPECTRE in James Bond, or how Fu Manchu had the Si-Fan, etc. They should just keep showing up in the adventure until the heroes get a move on and do something.

Not all twists in the River of Time are tieflings, no. Chaos have any real rhyme or reason, after all!

Cheers,
    Cam

I may have missed this, but can regular characters get rune carvings from Scalecarver? How does the rules work on rune carving?

What prompted you to use a Scion as a bad guy?
    BŁndesphar | Mage-Slayer | Assassin for Hire | Spellslinger | Unaligned | Medium humanoid

"He Who Chases Death."

Quote Originally Posted by Heron
    I may have missed this, but can regular characters get rune carvings from Scalecarver? How does the rules work on rune carving?

What prompted you to use a Scion as a bad guy?
    Nobody else is getting runes carved into him by Dolmen. He typically only does it on dragons, too - or at least creatures with scales. Getting a rune carved into your flesh would hurt a lot.

Scions have always been somewhat mysterious and vague. I just wanted to see what a rogue scion would look like. Now I know!

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Default AoM-PoC Q(&A?)

I'm curious, depending on how Ch. 2 plays out, would Kiro Dorova help the PCs travel to The Last Tower and aid them in using the portals?

With Knowledge(arcane) at +22, I will probably have him give some insight to the PCs, but the Mystic Theurge in the group probably won't be able to cast 6th level spells, and I don't foresee a better person to help. Even though they have the map of Bastion's portals, they were not able to ascertain much from it due to poor dice rolling. I feel this question might be answered later in the chapter, but I wanted to ask anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalladius
    I'm curious, depending on how Ch. 2 plays out, would Kiro Dorova help the PCs travel to The Last Tower and aid them in using the portals?
    Almost certainly. One of the reasons NPCs like Kiro are in the book is so that they heroes can think up clever ways to ask them for help. They're going to need all the help they can get - the big finish should really just be them vs. Frost, but there are lots of things that need doing in the world outside the Rimeberg while the heroes are doing their work.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

I couldn't find the ceiling height listed for Bastion.

I'm particularly interested in the grand gallery's height top to bottom and from level to level. At least one PC is certain to cast fly when they are swarmed by xill upon their entrance.

I think I'll leave it open to the gray for the most part and especially in the outer coronet, but is there anywhere that there should be ceilings? Maybe in the ternions or somewhere within the inner coronet?

Thank you for the help! Hope I'm not being a gadfly :(
    Last edited by Kalladius; 12-13-2006 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    Nobody else is getting runes carved into him by Dolmen. He typically only does it on dragons, too - or at least creatures with scales. Getting a rune carved into your flesh would hurt a lot.
    Hrm, well see I was thinking of a way to import runescarred berserker's (See Unapproachable East) into Dragonlance and I was thinking perhaps Dolmen, during his long life, influenced/trained a group of Plains of Dust barbarian shamans in the way if rune carving.

Scions have always been somewhat mysterious and vague. I just wanted to see what a rogue scion would look like. Now I know!

Cheers,
    Cam
    and I am very thankful for it! Scions have been debated for years and it is nice to finally see them in game.
    BŁndesphar | Mage-Slayer | Assassin for Hire | Spellslinger | Unaligned | Medium humanoid

"He Who Chases Death."

Default PoC

I can't find the properties of the runic talisman(s). A full reader search of my pdf revealed that it is only listed on stat blocks and mentioned in passing. I ask because my party has three of them and are outside of Khimmel approaching the ice warrens where they will probably be able to acquire more.

The closest I can find to a description is in ch. 7 p.248, where the text says heroes wearing them are immune to the symbols located in, or on, the Rimeberg. Is this their only property?

Edit: ok, on p.208 it also says that they also will allow the wearer of a runic talisman to avoid the antimagic field and dimensional anchor effect from the orphic spikes. Anything else?
    Last edited by Kalladius; 03-05-2007 at 09:32 PM.

That's pretty much it, yes.

Cheers,
    Cam

Thank you, sir.

richardharrison Guest

Default Other books you'd allow?

Hi,

I'm about to start running this campaign. I currently own the DLCS, Age of Mortals, Holy Orders, WotL and parts one and three of the campaign.

I'll obviously need to pick up a copy of part 2 but I'd like to know
    a) given the group is going to have at least one WoHS and a Solamnic Knight, how crucial is it that I get the Knightly Orders and ToHS books.
    and
    b)what other books do you/anyone recommend I allow to be used? My knight player has already asked if he can use the Knight base class from Player's Handbook II and my wizard is eagerly eyeing up my copy of the Spell Compendium. I initially intended it to allow only the DL books (plus PHB and DMG) but I'm starting to waver.

Any suggestions, anyone?