Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Thread: Age of Mortals Q&A

Default Dragonspawn

Hey

I'm about to start AoM with my group.

One of my players want to make a draconic character, and another claims that is not possible in Dragonlance.
    So far I haven't been able to find anything about it.

Do any of you know anything about it? Possibly with directions to the rules?
    If it is not possible, would the dragontouched feat be possible?

Many thanks in advance.

There are entire races of Dragonmen called Draconians, and at that point in the storyline, they are perfectly feasible as player characters. Some of them are ridiculously overpowered, but there are several that would be suitable.

Check our resources in the Nexus. We have conversions of the races for Pathfinder and 5e.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Draconians wouldn't work though.
    I was refering to the draconic template (Sorry, I could have made that clearer)

Default Price of Courage Question

Hey all, I've got a question about travel in the Inner Coronet of Bastion in Price of Courage.

How did you all handle the portal usage in the Inner Coronet? There wasn't a lot of detail on how they work exactly. Some specific questions:

When you spend a spell/spellslot to open a portal from one of the Ternions, does that portal only stay open for 6-9 rounds like the portals to Bastion? If "yes", do you have to spend another Level 6-9 spell to get out of what ever room you teleported to, or now that you opened that portal once, you don't have to spend another spell(slot) to get back to the Ternion? If "no", does the portal just stay open in definitely from the Ternion, and you can go back and forth between Inner and Outer Coronets getting a random Inner Room each time? Basically, are we supposed to be making the PCs spend a spell every time they try to change rooms in the Inner Coronet, and does it require they go back to the Ternion first, or can they go from Inner room to Inner room?

How do you get to the Great Nest? It's not listed in the randomness of the portal action (which only gives you a chance of getting to one of the other 6 rooms).

Is the Observation room really spherical (like Professor X's Cerebro)? If so, I'm confused by the plume. The only place you could really stand in the plume would be on the platform, but that's the one place you seem to be safe. I'm just having trouble visualizing this room.

I think that's it. Thanks!
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

"And the words that you fear,
    Will always be, the words you hear." - Collective Soul, "How Do You Love"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    As the party leaves the Shattered Temple, Uleena's ghost says, "You have found it. You must hurry, for the sands of time are slipping away swiftly...the shard of light is a key, a key that will allow you to find what you seek in the ruins of a city that once felt no fear, but now lies beneath a shadow of fire and death..."

Now I've read through the end of the chapter, and there doesn't seem to be any relevance to the shard of light in Kendermore. Am I misreading the prophecy here? Does the shard of light later allow the party to find what they seek in the ruins of a different city that once felt no fear? What's up with this?
    My interpretation was that this was all a lie. Lothian need the heroes to do certain things and retrieve certain items, all in service of his greater goal in mind, so he was having ghosts and specters manipulate the PCs throughout KoD and SoS. Retrieving the Shard of Light was not Lothian's goal in the Shattered Temple, freeing Caeldor was, but it provided a macguffin for Lothian to poke on to get the PCs to the next location he needed them, Kendermore.

Edit: Um, I may be wrong about the reason for sending them to the Shattered Temple, now that I think about it. But still, everything that ghosts and spirits say to the PCs in KoD and SoS are all manipulative lies.
    Last edited by Arek Brimstone; 09-07-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

"And the words that you fear,
    Will always be, the words you hear." - Collective Soul, "How Do You Love"

Quote Originally Posted by Abinoogre
    One of my players want to make a draconic character, and another claims that is not possible in Dragonlance.
    So far I haven't been able to find anything about it.
    Depending the edition there are rules for playing draconians - dragons not so much. The definitive source for draconians (and dragons) in 3.5 was Dragons of Krynn, but if you can't find that there are some rules in the Dragonlance Campaign Setting. If you're playing Pathfinder there was a conversion document done here on the Nexus that will allow you to play four of the draconian races. I can't speak to 5E or any of the older editions.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct