Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bestiary of Krynn, Revised - errata

Fun fact: The bloodrager template was one of the few entries neither Andre nor I wrote!

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Default totally not errata

I finally got a copy of the revised bestiary, very cheap even!

I finally realized why the Krynnish Half Giant seemed so familiar (must be this 4+ decades thing really does affect ones memory)

The half giant is basically (or is) a Horag. That being said, I like this version (now on to creating the fire/stone/frost/storm variants using simply templates and very minor adjustments from PF)

Errata:

p59 -- Half Giant listed with Great Axe but feats show weapon focus (greatclub) ... change weapon focus to great axe

OR change listed greataxe to greatclub (2d8+9/x2) instead of (2d8+9/x3)
    Last edited by Wolf72; 02-02-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Now with errata pt 2

It's funny, since I don't think I heard of a horag before this. I did, on the other hand, figure out that Gary had created a deliberate path of advancement between ogres and hill giants, such that the hill giant was just a more powerful ogre mechanically. It was a no-brainer to put half-giants in between them, especially since in Ansalon all half-giants are actually hill giant/ogre hybrids, rather than being half-human, half-giant.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

lol.

Cam,

I had a thought on the way home from work today ... I put up some Pathfinder versions and adaptations of the Half-giant. Did I put to much game information up (Bestiary not quite an SRD product iirc)? If yes, I can pare down the stat blocks to major changes and keep out large parts of the data.

EJ