Thread: ADMIN: Pruning Users (Lurkers, Please Read!)

Arrow ADMIN: Pruning Users (Lurkers, Please Read!)

Gang, just an FYI, I'm going to be pruning some users on the boards shortly. The people I'm pruning will have a post count of 0 (never posted) and will not have signed in for at least 90 days.

I realize that we have a number of lurkers, so if you do lurk, either PM me or (preferably) reply on this thread. Also, sign into your account. If you log on and reply, then you will have one post and I'll not nix you.

As for the reasoning why I'm doing this, it's largely due to the fact that we've had a lot of spam accounts sign up. The moderators have all done a good job keeping them off, and I think I finally solved the problem today. Seems we had one little thing that wasn't set up right with our image verification. So that should all be good now.

It's also a good idea to occasionally prune users to free up user names. Besides, it saves on the birthdays.

Anyway, please bear with me in all of this. I will be pruning either tomorrow or Saturday.

Again, if you are a lurker, then please post at least once. That will help me out tremendously. If you have any questions, let me know.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Talking

Wow, Id say that'll probably drop 500-1000 members.
    The stars would fall from heaven and the gods would faint in horror if diplomats started speaking the truth- Sithel
    I've got better things to do tonight than die!-Springer
    "..before my time but Ive been told, you never come back from Copperhead Road"
    Currently reading: Transformers: Exodus

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyIFoundThis
    Wow, Id say that'll probably drop 500-1000 members.
    580 actually. I've just performed the prune.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard