Thread: What are the Gods Branching into?

Default What are the Gods Branching into?

Since the gods returned after the War of Souls, several of the gods have branched out - Chemosh created his Beloved, Nuitari reopened his portfolio of ambition and sought out a tower and Shinare has gained support in Solamnia.

I don't count Sargonnas and the invasion of Silvanesti in this due to the fact that he is continuing acts started before the War of Souls; neither do I count Solinari and Lunitari gaining towers as they never actively acted to gain them.

So the question is - what do we know or think the other gods doing/branching in to?

Edit: I forgot about the militant Mishakal, but we'll put her in the doesn't count category as she is acting on event rather than driving them.
    Last edited by Clive; 08-04-2006 at 07:50 PM.
    "We do not mourn the loss of those who die fulfilling their destiny."
    - The Forestmaster of Darken Woods; Dragons of Autumn Twilight

General Pain

OMeGA_FReaKY_7 Guest

With some of the major Gods out of the picture, I think we can expect to see the gods continuing to do this 'branching out' to try and gain supremacy in the heavens. It's only natural that they are fighting to be at the top, and building faith is a good place to start. Plus, to me, it makes them much more involved in the storyline.

Heretic Guest

Hmm, Hiddukel is growing more bold. His efforts to summon an army of demons to Krynn through his servant Maladar is certainly consitered branching out.

Morgion's efforts in the Minotaur isles would also be consitered branching out, but it was put down by Sargonnas's followers too soon for it to have any large-scale effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic
    Morgion's efforts in the Minotaur isles would also be consitered branching out, but it was put down by Sargonnas's followers too soon for it to have any large-scale effect.
    Now that would be one heck of great story arc - while Sargonnas is off conquering the elves, Morgion slips in and becomes the dominant minotaur god....
    "We do not mourn the loss of those who die fulfilling their destiny."
    - The Forestmaster of Darken Woods; Dragons of Autumn Twilight

General Pain

With the two leaders (basically) of the pantheon out of the picture, there leaves alot of room for who will be the new leader. In the Dark Gods, everyone of them is fighting for supremacy (they are dark gods afterall). You have Sargonnas only recently defeating Morgion in a power struggle. There is a 3-way bloodsport going on between Chemosh, Zeboim, and Nuitari. Not to mention Hiddukel trying to get his foothold in Taladas. So, unless I am forgetting someone, everyone of them is out for the prize. In group of light gods, it seems to me Miskakal (sry if i spelled that wrong, i cant spell right now) has taken the charge and all of the others have basically fallen in line. You don't see Kiri-Jolith and Habbakuk slugging it out for supremacy among the Solamnics. With Shinare, I think she is merely getting her place because the Knights of Solamnia need her. They went to her, not the other way around, so, one cannot say that she is trying to push her influence among the populous. Thus, it is really only the dark gods who are having turf wars while the rest are basically doing what they have done since the beginning: Gaining Followers. Plus, as an after thought, before they arrived again, it was about 40 years since people had gods to follow. They all have their work cut out for them trying to rebuild what was destroyed during their time away from Krynn.

Hmm, Hiddukel is growing more bold. His efforts to summon an army of demons to Krynn through his servant Maladar is certainly consitered branching out.
    Could you elaborate on this for me? I'm running an adventure where Hiddukel is attempting to summon demons via PC questing on his behalf(unknowingly) as a part of his claim to power and was going to do it at Godshome, but I'd like to know more. When? Where? How? And i've heard of Maladar but if you got the skinny on him, then i'd love to hear it.

Where in the Trail of the Blackwyrm does it state that is what he is doing. I must have missed it some how.

Any which way. . .

Could you elaborate on this for me? I'm running an adventure where Hiddukel is attempting to summon demons via PC questing on his behalf(unknowingly) as a part of his claim to power and was going to do it at Godshome, but I'd like to know more. When? Where? How? And i've heard of Maladar but if you got the skinny on him, then i'd love to hear it.
    Maladar-an-Desh Beware of Spoilers.
    BŁndesphar | Mage-Slayer | Assassin for Hire | Spellslinger | Unaligned | Medium humanoid

"He Who Chases Death."