+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Myth & Magic Player's Guide - 2E Revived and Updated!!!

Default Myth & Magic Player's Guide - 2E Revived and Updated!!!

For 2e fans who are lamenting at the lack of a 2e retro-clone, I thought I would pass along a system I recently became aware of.

Myth & Magic Player's Guide - 2E Revived and Updated!!!

It is confirmed now that some of the art will be from Clyde Caldwell.

You can get a taste for the system with the starter guides.

I'm debating on whether to get this or not.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Looks interesting, I've heard a lot about that fundraising program lately, I think I will probably get this as well. Even though I will likely never use it these days, I like to support RPG games and companies when I can. Like I will never probably use the rereleases of the 1E books, but I'm getting those as well. Kinda mad that they got pushed back 3 months, though....
    Friendly Nexus Rules Editor

Send me some rules so I can edit and post them!!

That's not really a retro-clone of 2e. I was interested at first, but seeing that it deviates quite substantially in many aspects, I will pass. It would have been nice to see something along the lines of OSRIC.
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. Never hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you [...] YOU ARE CREATOR AND FINAL ARBITER.
    E. G. Gygax, Dungeon Masters Guide, 1979.

i don't really understand why people want retro clones. it isn't like the original rule books are that expensive or hard to get. to me it is just playing with someone else house rules, i would rather play with my own house rules. what i would want is modules that would be compatible for the old rules sets.
    Home for OD&D, AD&D 1st and 2nd edition, Dragonsfoot

Thumbs up

So, got an e-mail and thought this might get some of you excited...

"The artists (in alphabetical order) are: Clyde Caldwell, Matt Geerling, Jennell Jaquays, Doug Kovacs, Diesel LaForce, John Lofregen, Rob Lopatto, Jessica Safron and Jason Walton."
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

+ Reply to Thread