+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Serpent Crown (planner)

Default Serpent Crown (planner)

So here's another PF adventure path, this is The Serpents Crown. Like I said in the PM's it's kind of a cross between Indiana Jones and Journey to the Center of the Earth. At the moment we have 4 players:

Tauren
    Jake
    Dorgyn
    Vittorio

I can probably take one more from those guys I PM'd earlier but if no one replies, we're gonna roll with these four.

I don't get into balanced parties... I say play what you want to play. Any class and any alignment is open (of course if you want to be evil and don't want everyone else to know just PM me! hehe!).

I like to roll 4d6, reroll all 1's, drop the lowest.

I have one more item to ask all of you. I was thinking about maybe setting this in Dragonlance, using Ansalon for the first adventure then using Taladas for the rest. I thought going to Taladas to find a lost and ancient city sounded kind of cool. Looking at some maps of Taladas it looks like there's some fair amount of jungle terrain there. Just something for all of us to think about. Of course I'm not too familiar with Taladas so...

Once we figure out where this thread should be placed (Dragonlance ICRP or Non Dragonlance ICRP), I'll get the character sheet thread up.
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 02-01-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Vexo gnome N Master 8 Key of Destiny
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance

"Well my dear friend, in the chronicles of history good isn't the only thing you read about. Evil has it's own tale as well. History is history, whether good or bad, I don't discriminate." Vexo said in a lecturers' tone.

This is actually called The Serpent Skull. Stupid me is getting my adventure paths mixed up. There is a free pdf download on Paizo sight which is a players guide to this adventure path. Feel free to get it! It does include ideas for classes and races regarding this path. It also has a few traits you can pick from as well. Everyone can start with 2 traits if you want them.
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 02-01-2012 at 12:23 AM.

"Well my dear friend, in the chronicles of history good isn't the only thing you read about. Evil has it's own tale as well. History is history, whether good or bad, I don't discriminate." Vexo said in a lecturers' tone.

I'm happy on or off Krynn. I've yet to play in the generic pathfinder setting, but I haven't played on Taldas either. Whatever you guys like I'm happy with.

I'm excited to give the new Pathfinder classes a whirl, so I'm looking at maybe playing a Magus or something else new.
    Family. Duty. Honor.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 2; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 4/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 3; Rise of the Runelords)

I'd prefer to play away from Krynn, but I'm willing to acquiesce to the majority. I have no idea what I'm going to play yet.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Now with one-hundred percent more Whitestone Councilor!

I would love to explore more areas on Golarion myself as well. However, I'm willing to go where ever the sails lead.

Away from Krynn is great! I just thought I'd through that out there. We'll roll with PF setting. I'll get a character thread up tomorrow and PM Dragonhelm to get a subforum.

This adventure starts out aboard the ship The Jenivere. The Jenivere sets sail from Magnimar in Varisia and ends at the large capital city of Eleder in Sagava. All PC's will have boarded from one of the following port cities and region along the way:

Magnimar, Varisia
    Kintargo, Cheliax
    Pezzack, Cheliax
    Corentyn, Cheliax
    Ilizmagorti, Mediogalti Island
    Ollo, The Shackles
    Quent, The Shackles
    Port Peril, The Shackles
    Bloodcove, Mwangi Expanse
    Senghor, Mwangi Expanse

When you all create your characters, let me know which port you pick. They are in order of stops so if you pick Magnimar you will have been on the boat the longest. Don't worry about picking the same port... it's just a game mechanic for the DM...
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 02-01-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Default Traits

I assume we will be using character traits, and I also would guess there are specific campaign traits for Serpent's Skull in the players guide (still have to read it) that we should be choosing at least one from?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorgyn Angylaxe View Post
    I assume we will be using character traits, and I also would guess there are specific campaign traits for Serpent's Skull in the players guide (still have to read it) that we should be choosing at least one from?
    Yes if you want to use traits, you can have 2. You don't have to have one from the players guide but sometimes I find the explanation from the ones in the guide help round my characters background.

Quote Originally Posted by Spasseltock Nimblefingers View Post
    Yes if you want to use traits, you can have 2. You don't have to have one from the players guide but sometimes I find the explanation from the ones in the guide help round my characters background.
    Excellent! I agree, campaign traits can be very helpful in creating character backgrounds.

+ Reply to Thread