+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: If At First We Don't Succeed

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Stefan was reeling from the ambush, the blunt force trauma to the head. The priest had no time to react before the assailant was on him again, sapping to the back of the skull.
    The first wound began to bleed, the blood covered Stefan's ear. The bandit let the sap fall to the ground, instead choosing a dagger to do his dirty work.

    "You brought this on yourselves", the mans voice was raspy.
    "Leave Fangoth solamnic and don't come back".

    OOC:
    Standard action to attack 1d20(12) +6 =18 to hit, hits Stefan
    1d4(3) +1+3d6(12)sneak attack= 16 non lethal
    free action to drop sap, move action to draw dagger
    Bleeding attack, first wound bleeds for 3 points of lethal damage
    Stefan your turn!
    Last edited by Vittorio the Red; 04-23-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

    "Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Stefan reeled from the attack he knew was coming but not from where. The man hiding in the garbage was swift but Stefan had to rely on his faith in Majere. He clutched his medalion shaped like a rose and asked his god for his blessing. A burst of holy energy radiated out from Stefan, but the wash of energy seemed to avoid his attacker. "Now lets see if your still as bold when you don't have the jump on someone." Stefan cracked his knuckles and balled his hands into fists.

    OOC: Using Channel energy feature. Does not provoke AoO. Using my Selective Channeling feat to omit the attacker (just incase he is hurt for some reason). Does 3d6(6,5,1)= 12 points of healing (equal amounts to lethal and nonlethal), and stops the bleed damage.
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 04-24-2012 at 12:58 AM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Vexo gnome N Master 8 Key of Destiny
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance

    "Well my dear friend, in the chronicles of history good isn't the only thing you read about. Evil has it's own tale as well. History is history, whether good or bad, I don't discriminate." Vexo said in a lecturers' tone.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    The hooded figure smiled, "I like your style Solamnic."

    He weaved with his dagger in his hand trying to catch Stefan off guard. Stefan took his eyes off the blade for just a moment and it gave the bandit his opportunity but his strike went wide.

    OOC:
    move action to feint 1d20(15) +9 =24 bluff
    Stefan sense motive 1d20(13)+10 23 to sense motive
    hooded man standard to attack 1d20(2)+6 = 8 misses

    Your turn Stefan!
    Last edited by Vittorio the Red; 04-25-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

    "Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,492

    Default Petru's Journey

    To the west of the ruins of Koph, in the absolute central northern section of Lemish lies the town of Fearfold. The town is built around the grand fortress of Fearfold, which is situated on the banks of the Heartgaard River. The fortress is a defensive outpost to protect against the Solamnics of the north and is ruled by a military commander, appointed by the lord of Lemish. A healthy number of militia serve the commander at any time, as the Lemishans are most fearful of invasions coming from their northern neighbors.

    That was Petru's distant life. The seasoned warrior had made his way from Fearfold to Fangoth many months ago. Maybe for work or maybe for adventure, maybe just to change the scenery. Only Petru knew his reasons but none the less he fit right in. Some days he worked for a smith, creating different wares from fire, metal and forge. Other days he joined the legion and went on patrols in and around the city.

    Petru's superior Haj Malthen took interest in him for his leadership and experience. Often pairing the weapon master with his counterpart Sergeant Gorren, a dwarf who had earned considerably respect amongst the Lemish. This morning, which started like most others for Petru, coming down from his modest room above the blacksmith's and working the forge, took a turn when a couple of city guard arrived with a sealed letter. They saluted and did their duty and went on about their business. The letter was addressed to Petru from Haj Malthen.
    Last edited by Vittorio the Red; 04-25-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

    "Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    In the alley.

    Stefan was still extremely injured, he knew one more good strike from this assailant might be the end. Once again he clutched his medallion and let the wash of positive energy flow around him, again omitting the hooded thug. He didn't like the way the word Solamnic slithered off his tongue, it was ugly and full of malice. "Don't worry a good thrashing is all you need. Majere will see to my safety and that justice is served here." Stefan said looking down at the dead man. It was obvious that this man killed that poor boys father and he was going to make sure this thug paid for it.

    OOC: Using another Channel energy, using selective channeling to omit the attacker. 3d6(6,3,2)= 11 healing
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Vexo gnome N Master 8 Key of Destiny
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance

    "Well my dear friend, in the chronicles of history good isn't the only thing you read about. Evil has it's own tale as well. History is history, whether good or bad, I don't discriminate." Vexo said in a lecturers' tone.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    "Don't worry Father, we shall meet again", the hooded figure somewhat prophesied. He then placed his fingers in his mouth and gave a whistle. Two figures appeared on the rooftops. Goblins! Stefan's eyes went up and saw the new threat, their small shortbows getting ready to take aim.

    "But in the mean time, be safe and don't forget my words", then backing off from the priest he smiled one last time and disappeared around the corner.

    OOC:
    Hooded man performs withdraw action

    Stefan's Turn!
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

    "Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Stefan's kept his eyes on the hooded man til he disappeared around the corner, then his looked up at the goblins. Cowardly scum. Stefan thought. This town just keeps getting worse. Once again he relied on his faith in Majere as he cast a spell calling for some protection. He didn't have much of a way to attack the goblins on the rooftops, he only hoped they weren't that great of shots til he could safely get away... but what of the man laying dead in the alley? Surely he deserved better than to lay here and rot. Moral decisions were always the hardest.

    OOC: Stefan casts entropic field on himself. Holding move action while he decides what to do whith the dead man.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Vexo gnome N Master 8 Key of Destiny
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance

    "Well my dear friend, in the chronicles of history good isn't the only thing you read about. Evil has it's own tale as well. History is history, whether good or bad, I don't discriminate." Vexo said in a lecturers' tone.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Within the cone nebula
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Petru received the letter from the guards, bid them good day, and set the note aside. He first needed to finish hammer-folding the iron ore he had smelted the previous day. A trusted dwarven smith from Chisel had delivered a small chunk of manganese very early in the morning, and Petru was eager to smelt this hard to find element into his newest batch of steel. Three-fingers knew he was close to forging a superior steel to the blades and armor found in Fangoth, and this manganese was the key. With just the right amount of carbon, the iron would be worked into an alloy that was harder, yet more supple, sharper, and deadlier than most once he fused the steel with manganese.

    While his hammer rang upon the anvil, he thought of what Haj's letter might say. It was odd for Commander Malthen to send a letter, since Petru usually chatted with him when he stopped by the forge on rounds through the city. Perhaps something was amiss, and the chance for adventure or excitement was close at hand. As sparks flew from the chunk of metal, Petru could feel it tightening and strengthening, fusing into what he needed. A few more blows and the process was complete. Now he had the material he sought, a steel of superior quality. Perhaps he would smith a new bastard sword for himself, or seek a client with deep pockets for something special. Petru washed his hands at the basin, and picked up the letter from Malthen. He unrolled the parchment and began to read....

    OOC:
    craft blacksmithing: Roll(1d20)+12:
    18,+12
    Total:30

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,492

    Default Alley Ambush

    The hooded figure disappeared around the corner from where Stefan had originally made his way into the alleyways, leaving the priest with the dead body of the merchant and his new threats above on the rooftops. The goblins, with the advantage of high ground took aim with their shortbows but didn't fire, instead waiting for their quarry to make it's move.

    OOC:
    Goblins readying attacks

    Stefans turn!
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

    "Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,492

    Default Petru's Letter

    Petru opened his sealed letter from his commander, it read...

    Sergeant Petru,

    As of recently Fangoth has come under a string of robberies. It is of utmost importance that we solve these crimes and bring the culprits to justice. However we are undermanned and seek the aid of any who might be willing to help. I've gained word that there are some adventurers who may be willing to lend such a hand, they currently reside at the Griffon's Nest Inn. Go there and meet them, you will be looking for a man named Stefan and his companions, two dwarves and another named Sydney. If they agree to help you they will be compensated 250 steel a piece, half now and the other half upon completion of the task. It is important to remember that we seek answers as to the identities of those involved, so use bloodshed only if necessary. We want the thieves taken alive if possible. Some of the town guard have deduced that the perpetrators have been using the town well as a means of either escape or a way of transport. Begin your search there. Good luck and godspeed,

    Commander Haj Malthen
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

    "Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts