View Poll Results: What Dragonlance edition do you play?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • AD&D 1e/2e

12 18.46%
  • SAGA

3 4.62%
  • D&D 3.0/3.5

37 56.92%
  • D&D 4e

10 15.38%
  • True20 (because Kendermage slipped me a fiver)

1 1.54%
  • Castles & Crusades

1 1.54%
  • Other (please explain below)

1 1.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What Dragonlance edition do you play?

Question What Dragonlance edition do you play?

I see alot of 3rd+ editions here. Me personally I play (up to) 2E rules but refuse to go past 2E rules. Alot of whats posted here I really do not understand hehe just because of me not moving past the 2E rules.

What edition do you play?
    Just trying to see what type of DL gamers we have here.

Mods, if a Poll can be made of this you can delete this and make a poll. I am actually curious as to what type of gamers post here and how many are old school like myself.
    1E & 1.5E AD&D
    Our Dragonlance Campaign Blog
    Our Dragonlance Facebook Group
    Currently Reading: Dragons of Summer Flame
    Long Live the Lance!

I tried 3.x when it first came out and never looked back. It's my system of choice even now with 4e being the new hot thing. It's not that I dislike 4e (in fact, I love it), but several things have made me stick with 3.x, and Pathfinder RPG once it comes out. Nowadays I only use my AD&D stuff as inspiration, and then only the fluffy portions.
    Heine Kim Stick

I've added a poll. I meant to have it for multiple options, but somehow didn't get that working. Can't seem to edit it now.

As for me, I've played DL in all those editions save for SAGA. Not sure which one I've done the most. Probably going to stick with 4e for now.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

thank you for the poll
    1E & 1.5E AD&D
    Our Dragonlance Campaign Blog
    Our Dragonlance Facebook Group
    Currently Reading: Dragons of Summer Flame
    Long Live the Lance!

3.5e for now but eventually, I'll move on the 4e. I just got the primary three 4e books and I'm still reading through them.

I played my first Dragonlance games in 2nd Edition in high school and college. Currently, I play 3.5 with a lot of house rules; cribbed from Pathfinder and some of my own design. I have no intentions of switching to 4E, although I would eventually like to read the rules just to see what the system has to offer.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

4e. or 3.x
    Other people chronicle the setting. I chronicle the culture.
    --
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. " -Benford's Law of Controversy
    ---
    The ultimate DL fan is a bodhisattva-one who has transcended fandom and collection sizes, and yet stays in fandom to help the love of others grow.

I'm playing 4e with my dragonlance.

I can't go back to 3.x or Pathfinder because the flaws are too obvious after 8 years of play. I'm not sure if I'm entirely pleased with 4e, and might tire of it more quickly than 3.5. However, I don't see myself going back to 3rd edition, because one of the biggest annoyances for me is the problems with the BAB system. If you change that, there isn't much in the way of 3rd edition to salvage.

I just started running KoD 2 weeks ago with 4e. We have only had one session with 4e and that was more rolling characters and getting the meeting stuff setup. They are just about to enter Pashin for the first time.

We are more or less trying out the 4e system. If 4e does not seem to work out for us I will most likely try running in GURPS.

I would have added D&D 3.0 as an option, which is somewhat different from 3.5 (I prefer it, actually).
    I have been asked of running a D&D 3.0 game (from people who have played in the FRCS using that wonderful 3.0 tome), and I was thinking of just using the core books and the Dungeon 86 article by Tracy Hickman, which gives an adaptation of 3.0 to Dragonlance in the same "spirit" of the original DL modules. It might be an ideal combination of crunch vs. fluff.
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. Never hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you [...] YOU ARE CREATOR AND FINAL ARBITER.
    E. G. Gygax, Dungeon Masters Guide, 1979.

+ Reply to Thread