+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Price of Courage - Off to Press! (Spoilers!)

Thumbs up Price of Courage - Off to Press! (Spoilers!)

Friends,

I could not be more thrilled to announce that we've reached the end of a journey that began so long ago. The Age of Mortals adventure trilogy, which began with "The Sylvan Key" in the DLCS and then sprung off with Chris Coyle's Key of Destiny and continued with Spectre of Sorrows, has now reached its conclusion with Price of Courage.

This final, 362 page (!) adventure pulls out all the stops, and lives up to the epic promise of the earlier installments. The trilogy represents years of work, and pays off with a Dragonlance campaign that could literally take years to complete from start to finish.

Congratulations to Cam Banks, who took over the series mid-stream but made it completely his own. I expect this to draw appropriate levels of awe from all who see it. Congrats to the supplemental game developers, editors, proofreaders, artists, map-makers (hi Sean!), and everyone else who helped.

The adventure was approved for press a short while ago and we're already transfering the files. By this time tomorrow you should be able to purchase the eBook version of the file on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow.

The print version will ship out to distribution on November 13th, and by the end of the month it will be in game and book stores everywhere. If you want to get it from your local store, have them look it up and make sure it's on order! You can also still pre-order from our online store. We also plan to have an "Age of Mortals Adventure Pack" bundle deal up on the store soon as well.

Some of you might notice that this product does not bear the Sovereign Press logo, but rather the Margaret Weis Productions logo and appropriate legal notices. This is no cause for concern. The same team is bringing you the products, it's just being produced by our new company managed by the same people. (It's the company that created the best-selling and award-winning Serenity Role Playing Game last year.) Our product codes from Dragonlance remain the same (SVP) as does our office address and contact numbers and e-mail. The logos have been changed to protect the innocent.

Another product put to bed! Next up is the Bestiary of Krynn, Revised.
    Last edited by Jamie; 10-30-2006 at 01:19 PM.

hell yeah! congrats to all involved. Cam, you've done the setting justice =)
    Other people chronicle the setting. I chronicle the culture.
    --
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. " -Benford's Law of Controversy
    ---
    The ultimate DL fan is a bodhisattva-one who has transcended fandom and collection sizes, and yet stays in fandom to help the love of others grow.

If I weren't at work, I'd be jumping up and down and yelling...

Congrats to everyone involved. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I think I'll let out this breath I've been holding for the past year now...

...and now that's done, it's back to work!

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Nice to see things moving along with PoC. It'll be great to see the completed work in hand.
    Pondering the Mysteries of Dragonlance
    Member of the Whitestone Council

Check out the Dragonlance Forum Chat. Right there next to Quick Link and Log Out on the top tool bar. See who's chatting too.

-SZ

Thanks for the heads up Jamie! Congrats to Cam and to everyone else involved in the production of the Age of Mortals campaign.

Ravenmantle
    Heine Kim Stick

Yes. . .gratzie to all involved. Soon I will be able to have my revenge, soon the elf will pay! Mwhahahaha. . . *Cough*
    BŁndesphar | Mage-Slayer | Assassin for Hire | Spellslinger | Unaligned | Medium humanoid

"He Who Chases Death."

Yay! I'm finally gonna' get my birthday present from last May! Yay! Yay!

Congrats guys on what I'm sure is a job well done!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

I'm looking forward to seeing this bad boy in print!

And a HUGE congrats to Cam for making this story the epic it is. Plus, my sincerest thanks for one certain chapter.
    Last edited by Dragonhelm; 10-30-2006 at 02:01 PM.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Hot diggity! Knowing the blood sweat and tears Cam, Scott, Sean, and Amanda poured into this, it will be immensely satisfying seeing it in print.

Way to go, everyone. And congrats on the first MWP Dragonlance product!
    - Clark Valentine

Fate Core - Latest incarnation of the Fate Roleplaying engine
    Fate Accelerated - Fate, but streamlined, trimmed back, and Accelerated!

+ Reply to Thread