PDA

View Full Version : Stormīs Keep

Ravenmantle
08-18-2004, 11:26 AM
I really hope some of you guys can help me! Iīm looking for a map of the stronghold of the Knights of Takhisis. A good looking one. Iīve made one myself but I really suck at cartography. Have you seen a map of Stormīs Keep anywhere? Any links? Thanks in advance!

Ravenmantle

Evilboy
08-18-2004, 11:32 AM
I haven't seen a map but in the AOM book is a fairly good discription I believe. I used Storm's Keep or what was left of it (as it a ruin now inhabited by a death knight) for a brief bit in my campaign. The brief bit being one of my players (a squire of the lily) arrived there to take his Test of Takhisis to become a Knight of the Skull.

Ravenmantle
08-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Yeah I made a map using the AoM. But I desperately need a professional looking one. Or at least one that looks better than mine...my players have even started complaining about my poor map-making skills.

Ravenmantle

iltharanos
08-18-2004, 11:36 AM
Page 7 of the Age of Mortals has what looks like an artistic depiction of Storm's Keep. Unfortunately, that's the closest thing to a map of the place I've seen.

EDIT: You could always try looking at the map-a-week column on Wizards website, they've got all types of maps there from fortresses to dungeons to wildernesses that can be easily adapted to any campaign.

Evilboy
08-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah I made a map using the AoM. But I desperately need a professional looking one. Or at least one that looks better than mine...my players have even started complaining about my poor map-making skills.

Ravenmantle

You can always do the fall back and just give discriptions and let your players make the maps... That ought to teach them not to complain :)

Serena DarkMyst
08-18-2004, 01:14 PM
You can always do the fall back and just give discriptions and let your players make the maps... That ought to teach them not to complain :)

That would end up so funny if this map ended up somehow being the official one :p

Sothus
08-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Ravenmantle

If your players complain... just describe and let them do the mapping!!! ;)

Dr_Teeth
08-18-2004, 03:41 PM
If your pc's compalin any, just throw a death knight at the way too early and have him finger of death one at random :P Im sadistic :)

crown
08-20-2004, 07:50 AM
Page 7 of the Age of Mortals has what looks like an artistic depiction of Storm's Keep. Unfortunately, that's the closest thing to a map of the place I've seen.

EDIT: You could always try looking at the map-a-week column on Wizards website, they've got all types of maps there from fortresses to dungeons to wildernesses that can be easily adapted to any campaign.

How about Dragonlance Second Generation -book. I'm sure the fortress in the cover of book is THE STORM KEEP.

As for the detail maps - those are always pain... It would nice to have good maps, but it take so much time to create every place yourself. I would go for Wizards maps also. I have used ALOT of their maps. Take couple of different maps to detail different more important locations (those places where heroes might get few adventures), and left rest little lesser detail.

Ogre_Bane
08-20-2004, 04:39 PM
I really hope some of you guys can help me! Iīm looking for a map of the stronghold of the Knights of Takhisis. A good looking one. Iīve made one myself but I really suck at cartography. Have you seen a map of Stormīs Keep anywhere? Any links? Thanks in advance!

Ravenmantle

I'd try this:

Find the "Atlas of the DL World" book and used the extremely detailed map of the High Clerist Tower as a good basis for the map of Storms Keep. I'd imagine they'd be pretty similar. There isn't any "map" for Storms Keep (atleast not yet), so you'll have to wing it.

Steel_Wind
08-21-2004, 12:58 AM
The map of the Tower of the High Clerist in the Atlas of Krynn is contained (in much better detail) in DL8: Dragons of War.

DL8 is relatively easy to find; The Atlas of Krynn remains OOP and the most expensive collectible DragonLAnce book there is.

By the way - nearly 20 years later, The Tower of the High Clerist remains the largest castle map ever produced by TSR/WotC. It is an awesome map. I love it.

Another cadidate for Storm's Keep is the map of Dargaard Keep in DL16. Use the geometry in pre-cataclysmic times. This would be far more credible than the Tower of the High Clerist, a building of stone that is the same height as a modern skyscraper and makes the Great Pyramids of Ghiza look like *Rookie Engineering* in comparison ... :)

Ogre_Bane
08-21-2004, 12:43 PM
The map of the Tower of the High Clerist in the Atlas of Krynn is contained (in much better detail) in DL8: Dragons of War.

DL8 is relatively easy to find; The Atlas of Krynn remains OOP and the most expensive collectible DragonLAnce book there is.

By the way - nearly 20 years later, The Tower of the High Clerist remains the largest castle map ever produced by TSR/WotC. It is an awesome map. I love it.

Another cadidate for Storm's Keep is the map of Dargaard Keep in DL16. Use the geometry in pre-cataclysmic times. This would be far more credible than the Tower of the High Clerist, a building of stone that is the same height as a modern skyscraper and makes the Great Pyramids of Ghiza look like *Rookie Engineering* in comparison ... :)

The Atlas is really hard to find? Cool. Makes me happy I have one then.

Ravenmantle
08-22-2004, 07:13 AM
How about Dragonlance Second Generation -book. I'm sure the fortress in the cover of book is THE STORM KEEP.

Youīre right. It is Stormīs Keep. And I prefer Elmoreīs version of the stronghold when compared with the one on page 7 of AoM (which I also think is Stormīs Keep).

As for letting the players make the map themselves, well the campaign uses Stormīs Keep as the base of operations. The characters are Squires of the Lily and the campaign is set prior to the Chaos War. Theyīre not exploring the keep...they know the layout like they know their back pocket. The map is more for my own sake than the playersī...

Thanks for your suggestions guys! Appreciate it!

Ravenmantle