PDA

View Full Version : Dif between Dragonlance Adv. and TOtL box sets...

Pagal
09-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Hi. I was just wondering what the difference between two old second edition items was. The Tales of the Lance boxed set, and the Dragonlance Adventures sourcebook. Thanks...

Sephzero
09-14-2004, 11:43 PM
I think TotL is consider more up to date information and general more expanded compedium of information for DL then the other book. Also been generally cited for information about the world too.

Agarg
09-16-2004, 02:11 AM
TotL was good in many respects, but was rife with errors (like contradictions that coud easily have been avoided, inaccurate stats for certain beings, lack of xp rewards for draconians, etc.)

TotL did follow Planescape in naming the plane of residence to the various gods, even if they used the Prime names for them.

Jason Bower
09-16-2004, 03:26 AM
Tales of the Lance boxed set was for second edition, but if I remember correctly, Dragonlance Adventures was for first edition.

Jay

QuentinGeorge
09-16-2004, 04:21 AM
TotL was also the first set to do away with the "18th level limit", having experience tables for up to level 25.

Morgion
09-17-2004, 01:58 PM
I personally LOVED the Tales of the Lance Boxed Set. That is what originally got me into DragonLance gaming. I realize that it did have its problems, but it was still a very good product and I still use it sometimes.

libra_sword
09-17-2004, 03:15 PM
The difference between Adventures and ToTL was that Adventures was a lot like a textbook for Krynn- full of information and light on statistics. ToTL had new classes (The Mariner and Handler I think), new weapons and their stats (Kender weapons, mariner weapons, gnome weapons), plus NPC statistics.

Not to mention, ToTL came with maps, an awesome DM Screen, those cool tarot cards, etc.

I love the ToTL boxed set, errors and all. It was easily one of the best quality boxed sets ever offered in terms of sheer material. I think only Birthright had more role-playing items included.