PDA

View Full Version : Mina's medallion

Kenwolf
09-22-2004, 08:57 PM
i was wondering since Takhisis is dead, has the medallion of the one god lost all its powers ? also what about the medallions of faith for paladine and takhisis, do they still have any powers to them ? how much would one be worth since it is made out of silver ?

Sephzero
09-22-2004, 09:01 PM
It depends on whether or not the power of the item was directly tied to that of the goddess. If so then it is probably nothing more then an interesting relic of a fallen goddess, perhaps even a collecter item. On the other hand, it could be possible that a deity could try to tamper with it to work for one of their flock. At the very least its primary power is no longer effective.

It also might have been noted in Amber and Ashes.

I would only suspect the most unscrutible merchant would wish to purchase such an item since there could be some possible bad karma backlash from it.

iltharanos
09-22-2004, 10:29 PM
i was wondering since Takhisis is dead, has the medallion of the one god lost all its powers ? also what about the medallions of faith for paladine and takhisis, do they still have any powers to them ? how much would one be worth since it is made out of silver ?

If the Medallion of the One God is like the Medallions of Faith then it still has its power, despite Takhisis' death. In previous Fifth Age products/novels, there was mention of Goldmoon using the inherent magical power of her Medallion of Faith to boost some of her healing spells, and this was when Takhisis was the only deity present on Krynn.

Kendermage
09-22-2004, 11:31 PM
I think Goldmoon's medallion of faith is a special case. It is an artifact from the Age of Dreams and has a number of special abilities other medallions do not possess.

iltharanos
09-23-2004, 12:02 AM
I think Goldmoon's medallion of faith is a special case. It is an artifact from the Age of Dreams and has a number of special abilities other medallions do not possess.

Like what?

OldschoolDL
09-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Goldmoon's Medallion of faith which was the first one the age of despair had seen... Had the power to duplicate and make more medallions. When she was in Port Balifor, when she was on stage at the Pig and Whistle she manage to convert many to the teaching of Mishakal...right under the long noses of the Draconians and goblins. So there were a bunch of little mishakalian acolytes running around in her wake.

However I don't see her medallion being any more powerful than any other medallion that is presented to anyone who becomes a cleric.

Sephzero
09-23-2004, 01:19 AM
The abilities to replicate other medallions has been set for all Medallions of Faith at least as stated in DLCS. The abilities they represent and those of certain individuals tend to flucuate so it is hard to guage these things with the latest edition.

OldSage
09-23-2004, 01:20 AM
In my opinion, the Medallion of the One God still holds its powers. It is a poweful magical item of Takhisis. Just because Takhisis is no more, it does not mean the powers she invested in items is gone as well. However, where that medallion is, is anyone's guess. I can assure you that it is no longer in the possession of Mina.

Kenwolf
09-23-2004, 08:46 AM
In my opinion, the Medallion of the One God still holds its powers. It is a poweful magical item of Takhisis. Just because Takhisis is no more, it does not mean the powers she invested in items is gone as well. However, where that medallion is, is anyone's guess. I can assure you that it is no longer in the possession of Mina.
when did she get rid of it ? i thought that she still had it. specialy since it was a gift from her god, and now that she is dead it would mean even more to her. it would give her a little motovation to kill every elf she comes across.

also since goldmoons medallion of faith was an artifact are all medallions of faith artifacts ?

wannabe_mage
09-23-2004, 08:56 AM
also since goldmoons medallion of faith was an artifact are all medallions of faith artifacts ?
No, medallions of faith are in fact minor magical items. As already mentioned they have the ability to create other medallions of faith. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think they have other powers, normally. I do think, that a medallion can be enchanted in several ways, if the enchantment stays within the principles of the god. Medallions of faith are essentially nothing more than standard holy symbols.

OldSage
09-23-2004, 09:25 AM
*SPOILERS*

In Margaret Weis's new book, "Amber and Ashes", Mina has dedicated herself to a new God. She cast away all items Takhisis gave to her (they mention her armor and mace). She cut all ties to Takhisis.