PDA

View Full Version : Conclave before the Cataclysm

Bclassy
09-19-2004, 09:19 PM
I am curious, does anyone know the Names, Alignments and Stats of the three Conclave Heads prior to the Cataclysm?

I'm running a campaign that is set in 30 PC and I'd like to use a few members of the Conclave to make tests for my players. But the only head described at all (that I could find - I purchased ToHS) was Vincil.

Thanks for your help,

Bclassy...

dalamar_thedark
09-19-2004, 09:25 PM
I got this from World of Krynn... (thx Carteeg)

Corenthas of White, Eriane of Red, and Shaud of Black

those were the founders of the robes

If that wasn't what you were looking for, then sorry about that.

beardies221
09-19-2004, 09:27 PM
No, I believe he's looking for the HEADS of the conclaves. Uh, I know that they should have this info in the Istar trilogy, but I'd have to check it out...

dalamar_thedark
09-19-2004, 09:33 PM
No, I believe he's looking for the HEADS of the conclaves. Uh, I know that they should have this info in the Istar trilogy, but I'd have to check it out...

well they WERE the heads of the conclave at that time.... (i think)

Carteeg_Struve
09-19-2004, 09:36 PM
well they WERE the heads of the conclave at that time.... (i think)

The names I gave were the original heads of the orders, thousands of years prior to the cataclysm. Their era was during and just after the 2nd Dragon War. Huma was still 700 or so years in the future from their view point (I think... that's just off the top of my head... maybe the Great God of Neutrality - Uziel - can verify).

beardies221
09-19-2004, 09:45 PM
I know it was earlier then the cataclysm, it was around one of the Dragon Wars...

dalamar_thedark
09-19-2004, 09:46 PM
meh, I'll keep that in mind from now on. see? still a new person to DL.....I haven't read all of them yet

DmJoeSolarte
09-19-2004, 10:01 PM
In Book 2 of the KingPriest Trilogy, they do give the names of the Masters of the Towers of Palanthus, Istar, and other places. Although I do believe it is made clear that the Masters of Wayreath are the true "masters" of the Council.

In order to help "grant more prestige" in the Towers of High Sorcery, each Tower has its "Master of the Tower", whom can be of any Robe whom more or less holds all power within the order. And then, there is a council of 3 in each Tower from each order of the Robes. The "Master" of the tower is still the Master of the Tower, but the Council of Three does hold some sway. And within each tower, each "Color" has it's own caucus, although the "friendship among wizards within the walls of the Tower" is still in effect.

But the end result is 5 Masters of the Towers and 15 additional Ruling Councils within the Order.

Avery_Tosscobble
09-19-2004, 10:53 PM
I am curious, does anyone know the Names, Alignments and Stats of the three Conclave Heads prior to the Cataclysm?

I'm running a campaign that is set in 30 PC and I'd like to use a few members of the Conclave to make tests for my players. But the only head described at all (that I could find - I purchased ToHS) was Vincil.

Thanks for your help,

Bclassy...
OK, I know it isn't much, but I've just been re-reading 'Time of the Twins' and I found a passage in there that states Fistandantilus as Head of the Conclave.
Quoted from 'Time of the Twins:' "This room was the room of Fistandantilus. It had been his for years, since the Kingpriest came to power and drove the magic-users from their Tower in Palanthas--the Tower where Fistandantilus had reigned as Head of the Conclave."

Hope that helps some!
~Avery Tosscobble

Bclassy
09-20-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi, thanks for the replies:

From what I could gather from the Istar Trilogy, it looks like these folks were the Head of the Conclave:

Ysarl the Unkind. Head of the Black Conclave 49, hunched back, hobbles while walks, short black staff with Jet on top, milky right eye, gray spottled aged face, toothless.

Vincil de Jaerva. Head of the Red Conclave. 60 Ergothian, Dark Mahogany Skin, Shaven Head, White Pony-Tail, Goatee, Gray Eyes.

Lady Jorelia Head of the White Conclave. Taller than most men (62) and willow thin. Silver hair in a ponytail. Black Eyes.

No stats, but I figure their alignments could be garnered from their descriptions.

Thanks again,

B.

talinthas
09-20-2004, 12:23 AM
Vincil, at least, is statted out in ToHS.
if you don't happen to have the book, go to DL.com and look at the daltigoth tower preview pdf, and you'll see his full statblock.