PDA

View Full Version : Request for clarification: Medallions of faith

Turambar
09-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Hello,
I noticed that not all Gods reported in the DLCS book have medallions of faith descriptions, but only some. As I understand and remember also from 1st ed Dragonlance, all should have one. So, I guess this is a bug in DLCS. Some comments on what the missing medallions are like?
cheers,
Antonio

Sephzero
09-17-2004, 11:11 AM
You should usually use the suggested symbols under the Deities entry for the image on the Medallion of Faith for any of the respective dieites.

Cam Banks
09-17-2004, 11:33 AM
They all have medallions of faith, yes, but for some reason not all of the entries explicitly say so. Holy Orders of the Stars should amend that, with any luck.

Cheers,
Cam

Nived
09-17-2004, 11:37 AM
Hrm, somehow I never noticed that.

I would imagine that some of the gods, Reorx, Hiddukel, and Shinare would be the most expencive material they could get their hands on. Sirrion I doubt there's a standard type of symbol (I mean he's CN), I'm surprized there aren't even prefer vestiments for Sargonnas! However I'd say gold for Sargonnas don't ask me why. For Morgion probably a tarnished metal (I'd say silver) since he's the god of decay, Zebiom I'd say gold... sunken gold just kinda goes with the sea for some reason.

libra_sword
09-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Some gods may want to keep their priests' identity secret from day-to-day. I doubt the average townsperson will be thrilled to see a cleric of Morgion stroll into town.

wannabe_mage
09-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Some gods may want to keep their priests' identity secret from day-to-day. I doubt the average townsperson will be thrilled to see a cleric of Morgion stroll into town.
Yeah, but isn't the medallion of faith supposed to act as the divine focus when casting spells?

WildKnight
09-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Yeah, but isn't the medallion of faith supposed to act as the divine focus when casting spells?

Right... thats why rather than not having a Medallion of Faith, a cleric who wishes to hide his identity also hides his Medallion.