PDA

View Full Version : Gaurdian of the Tower of High Sorcery in Palanthas

BobSutan
09-15-2004, 12:18 AM
The group I play with has been wondering if anyone has found stats and a description of just what the heck the Gaurdian is in the tower at Palanthas? I think I remember reading somewhere that it might have been some creation of Raislin's, but there are some that think its a Lich he bound to the tower for the pupose of guarding highly important items or rooms.

Is there any official module or d20 documentation, or hints in the books (Legends an so on), as to just what it is exactly?

Sephzero
09-15-2004, 12:23 AM
The initial guardian of the Tower of High Sorcery was the spectre of the black robe that sacrificed his life as a component of the curse that sealed the place. There are also a few wights guarding the grove. All this can be found in that supplement.

The Lich was in place by Dalamar to prevent anyone from entering the Lab from utilizing the portal to the Abyss and the Staff of Maigus till it was hand over to Palin.

BobSutan
09-15-2004, 12:34 AM
So I assume the lich is still in place, minus the staff?

Serena DarkMyst
09-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Not that I am aware. Palin and Dalamar spent time in the chamber itself during the events of DoaLS. Also I believe that Mina did as well.....not that she didnt have the power to destroy the creature...but it wasn't there any more.

Sephzero
09-15-2004, 12:39 AM
I think when the Tower was moved to Nightlund most of the undeads that were originally bound to the place departed. There are however others undeads that dwell in the forest surrounding the Tower. It said that a powerful Witchlin is station there to ensure that Dalamar can't enter the Tower by edict of the Gods of Magic.