PDA

View Full Version : Huma Comic Question

The Grimace
09-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Just wondering up to what issue you guys have of the Legend of Huma comic...i think I only got up to four and they've stopped showing up at my local shop. So, I was just wondering if there were plans to make a trade of them. Anyone know?

Sephzero
09-14-2004, 12:45 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Until there is a conclusion with the trouble, which I can't recall the exact details right now, we probably will just have to sit around and wait for an answer.

Nightweasel
09-14-2004, 05:56 AM
There was a previous post about this topic, somewhere here........anyways, they only put out up to issue five.

gforce99
09-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Wasn't there some problem with the publisher changing or something?

silvanthalas
09-15-2004, 11:59 AM
DBPro, the creative team behind the LoH comic, decided to drop their publisher, Devil's Due.

DBPro has yet to announce who their new publisher will be, other than an announcement is "coming soon".

In the end, this has frustrated alot of fans, myself included, and has caused delays for not only LoH, but also The Wood Boy (based on the Ray Feist short story), and some other projects that have gained alot of interest.

gforce99
09-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Before this publishing prob started, wasn't there other Dragonlance stories getting ready to be published in comic format?
Which ones?

Dr_Teeth
09-15-2004, 04:05 PM
I recall seeing something about if Huma did well, Chronicles may be tackled next.

Dragonhelm
09-15-2004, 06:08 PM
Basically, the plan was that when Huma reached #6, a TPB would be released with the first 6 issues. Alas, we never got that far.

The original plan was that if Huma did well, then Chronicles would be next.

I really can't say much on the subject beyond that. DBPro and Devil's Due did split, and have some things to work out. I wish I could say that we'd be seeing a return to the series sometime soon, but I can't. Honestly, I would not get my hopes up.

I will say, though, that I enjoyed my stint on the comic as writer-adapter. I worked real hard to bring the Dragonlance feel to the comic. I was hoping you guys could see some of the things I had planned, but it appears at the moment like that may not be.

Thanks to everyone who has shown support for the comic. It means a lot to me.

Est Sularus oth Mithas.

DarkKnight921
09-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Not to sound rude, but there is a search option in the forums. There have been at least 2 or 3 other posts about this. Im kind of tired of seeing them show up everyother week. Yeah, so try using the search next time. :)

gforce99
09-16-2004, 07:18 AM
:confused:
Anyway, thanks Dragonhelm, we all know how hard you were/are working to be faithful to the DL spirit. I was really hoping for either more on Kaz or maybe even the Chronicles. I think even the Kingpriest series in comic format would have be great.

Alas, we must wait for the publishing woes to subside. Has Soveriegn Press ever thought of getting into the publishing business or what about WotC publishing the comic???

Nightweasel
09-16-2004, 10:57 AM
I really hate to say it, but I was sort of expecting this. In the comics industry today, unless you have one of the big four comic companies behind you, chances can be slim. Dable Bros went with the wrong company. They should have just gone to image and stayed there. I'm not sure why they went with Devil's Due. Being in Image would have given them rights to the license, ala Top Cow and Tomb Raider. If Top Cow ever left Image, they'd keep the rights to Tomb Raider. While it was great for us, for a time, WotC should have really thought a bit more about the decision they made. Then again they were probably just happy someone paid them money for the right to do it.

Sylvanas_Windrunner
09-16-2004, 07:09 PM
The original plan was that if Huma did well, then Chronicles would be next.

*faints*

*thud!*

DarkKnight921
09-16-2004, 07:53 PM
*throws a bucket of water on Sylvanas* Wake up!!! and lay off the alcohol or u'll faint again. :p j/k

The Grimace
09-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Not to sound rude, but there is a search option in the forums. There have been at least 2 or 3 other posts about this. Im kind of tired of seeing them show up everyother week. Yeah, so try using the search next time. :)
Sorry. I didn't think about that. I usually stick to the d20 corner of the forums. :)

DarkKnight921
09-17-2004, 12:41 AM
Sorry. I didn't think about that. I usually stick to the d20 corner of the forums. :)

no problem, just trying to get the knowledge of the search button out there (Tell all your friends about it lol) :)

silvanthalas
09-18-2004, 01:09 PM
I really hate to say it, but I was sort of expecting this. In the comics industry today, unless you have one of the big four comic companies behind you, chances can be slim. Dable Bros went with the wrong company. They should have just gone to image and stayed there. I'm not sure why they went with Devil's Due. Being in Image would have given them rights to the license, ala Top Cow and Tomb Raider. If Top Cow ever left Image, they'd keep the rights to Tomb Raider. While it was great for us, for a time, WotC should have really thought a bit more about the decision they made. Then again they were probably just happy someone paid them money for the right to do it.

Image has been screwing things up for awhile now, that is why they dropped image.

Indeed, alot of the reason they switched, iirc, is that everything was getting delayed through Image. And when they made the switch to DDP, Image seemed to intentionally delay things even longer, forcing DDP to delay issues as well.

Devil's Due is having success right now, so I'm wondering why DBPro left DDP.

And as much as I like the guys at DBPro, I'm also wondering when DBPro will be forthright with us enough to tell us what's going on and whether we can ever expect to see LoH #6.

Dragonhelm
09-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Devil's Due is having success right now, so I'm wondering why DBPro left DDP.

It's a bit complicated.

And as much as I like the guys at DBPro, I'm also wondering when DBPro will be forthright with us enough to tell us what's going on and whether we can ever expect to see LoH #6.

There are reasons why nothing has been said at this time. Beyond that, I can't say any more.

Darlaten
09-20-2004, 09:31 PM
There are reasons why nothing has been said at this time. Beyond that, I can't say any more.

The only problem is that the longer time goes by without any comment, the less likely it is for new comic readers to return to the series. Further, managers at comic book stores (at least the ones I have spoken to) have been generally unimpressed with the lack of information provided to them. I fear this will translate into a backlash whereby, even if the comic book does get re-re-released, comic book stores simply wont devote valuable shelf space to a company that fails to communicate with store owners and the public.

My biggest fear with the release has always been one of delays or "business problems". A fledgling comic has so many odds stacked against that "business problems" can easily sound the death knell for it. In any event, I hope the comic series does start again and ends up being successful. But the longer it goes without any news - the least likely it is for that to happen.

--Darlaten

Benathalis
09-21-2004, 01:30 AM
You know if this was sticky I wouldn't of wasted a post ;)

Dr_Teeth
09-21-2004, 03:09 AM
What would be cool to hear is all the while that there's been this delay in releases, that the artists are churning out comics, and just the contractual language of the deals is whats holding everything back.

xdementia
10-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Looks like the comic is officially dead. Just checked out the DB website and it's not even listed in the "projects" section anymore. Damn, that stint was short but oh-so-sweet. It was just starting to get interesting too. It seems to me with regards to anything BUT novels and gaming products Dragonlance is doomed.

Benathalis
10-22-2004, 12:31 AM
:( starts weeping

Dr_Teeth
10-22-2004, 02:52 AM
That sucks

Canlocu
10-22-2004, 10:13 PM
Sorry did not see this, Delete my thread and give back my head. :eek:

I have not post but few times in the past few days. Guess it did not highlite it as new. Pasted over it :D

dalamar_thedark
10-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Sorry did not see this, Delete my thread and give back my head. :eek:

did u alert the mods?